"Little People, Big World" Dad Busted For DUI

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would you avoid a breathalyzer unless you werent drunk? It seems like a no brainer to me.
You have to consider his size on this one! Im guessing here but I bet 1 drink would show him over the limit...again Im guesing on it but Ive always heard it had alot to do with weight.
Also could there be medical reasons why he could not blow in the analyzer? Dwarfs do have alot of medical problems we normal people have no clue about! <just assuming, speculating etc.

Because it is easier to mount a defense without the test on the record. It's much better to have only a suspended license for refusing the test than to have a DUI conviction. I will say it again - if you HAVE been drinking the BEST thing to do is refuse the breathalyzer test and go to court with a good lawyer - who MAY be able to get you off without a BAC on file. And remember - it isn't like they could do a complete field sobriety test on Matt Roloff either - he does not have normal legs and doesn't "walk" unaided. In addition, we do not know how or why BAC by breathalyzer MIGHT be different for someone of Matt's size and physical condition either. We have to consider it MIGHT be different or inaccurate - Breathalyzers are seldom done on people who are 3-1/2 feet tall.

The info I read said he got a DUI in 2003 which was cleared from his record when he took driving courses and did alcohol counseling/classes. It's not like it was last week or it's every 6 months. He has only been convicted ONCE - 4 years ago.

I guess everyone here is just positive that they have never driven "over the limit" ever. It's plain luck not to get a DUI if you have ever been even a HAIR over the limit - and without a testing device, do you really know WHAT your BAC is when you drive after a couple of drinks?

And BTW - I do not drink except for ceremonial toasts, I don't like the way alcohol makes me feel so I have NEVER driven after drinking in my life. My Ex Hubby was an alcoholic tho and often drove drunk - and still has never gotten a DUI to this day. You haven't LIVED unless you have had to physically fight a drunken man who was 15 inches taller and 125 lbs heavier than you for the car keys. I just want to be clear that I despise drunk drivers (and often report people driving drunk to 911) - be it Lindsey Lohan or "Linda Littleperson". BUT... the justice system is what it is and everyone who gets nailed for a DUI gets their day in court - which they are FULLY entitled to. Not every LE Officer is honest, fair or even fully on the "right" side of the law..they have badges and guns, not halos. Charging someone does not make them guilty - maybe the COP doesn't like Little People...or Matt Roloff being on TV and being famous. We don't know.

My Opinion, Really

You wont need a defense if your not drunk!

You have to consider his size on this one! Im guessing here but I bet 1 drink would show him over the limit...again Im guesing on it but Ive always heard it had alot to do with weight.
Also could there be medical reasons why he could not blow in the analyzer? Dwarfs do have alot of medical problems we normal people have no clue about! <just assuming, speculating etc.

Being his age, I bet he has drank before. He should know then that he gets drunk too fast at his size and call a cab. I dont have a problem with him drinking, honestly I dont care if he does I do have a problem with him on the road putting people's lives at risk. By doing that he basically stated to me that he didnt care who he hurt because if he did he would have called a cab.

I hate to even ask this but maybe Matt thought his dwarfism would get him off? I can't believe this is his 2nd offense...

I don't think so. Dwarfism doesn't help you when you careen into another car when you are drunk. (which is actually MORE likely than a cop catching you, I think.)

Doesn't matter who you are - if you have a drink, wait an hour to drive. That is only hard sometimes - but possible at all times.

One sign I saw around here that was VERY important for people to understand - "Buzzed driving IS drunk driving". I hadn't thought about it that way before I saw it - but it's a "duh" once you see it.

I watch "Little People" and for whatever reason, I like it. It is a "different" group of people living normal lives - their norm. I have learned more about dwarfism than I ever knew and I appreciate the knowledge.

FST's can be conducted in many ways as many of the posters have indicated. However, if the LE were wanting Matt to blow on a hand held tube that they have on hand, perhaps it was better that he didn't take the test. What was not indicated was whether or not he took the Intoxilyzer test which is a machine usually at the station. The Intoxilizer machine is required to be calibrated and the reading is supposed to be more accurate.

If Matt received a DUI in the past, was found guilty, but it was expunged because he went to drivers school and alcohol rehab classes, it will no longer be on his record nor can it be used against him in a court of law. This will be considered his first DUI. Not that I agree with that but it is what it is.:truce:

Matt will have his day in court - and if he did indeed refuse the Intox Test - he will probably lose his license for six months or so.

What I want to know was what the heck was he doing out driving at midnight? Guess we will just have to see on the show. LOL

I recently watched the show and really enjoyed it. I put a DUI in the same categorie as rape, burglary, murder, etc. I will have to decide for myself if I choose to watch a show starring a criminal. Of course only a personal view. I guess its obvious I hate drunk drivers.

I saw that!!! I am so mad at him! Even though the family never outed themselves as Christians, the kids often wore tshirts with Bible stuff on it... as if they went to a private Christian school, rather than public school. I assumed they were a normal church going family.

I hope this was an isolated incident for dad. Very disappointing.

There was only one perfect person to walk this earth. Being a christian doesn't make you perfect. Your disappointed? Imagine how God feels when he looks at us and some of things WE ALL have done, including you I'm sure. We shouldn't judge him, we should pray for him.

He should however be legally responsible and have to suffer the consequences for breaking the law. Thank God he didn't hurt anyone or hisself! (is that a word LOL!)

Here is an awesome MySpace page

Kelli Laine-Drunk Driving made me forever 18.

Warning, some videos are graphic.

The thing that I was in awe with the most about this MySpace page is the impact it can make on you.

You can watch somene writing and how the writing changes after so many drinks...some really don't think it affects them, it does!

I have shared this MySpace with many teenagers in hoping to scare them into never drinking and driving!

(It took me along to not to be embarrassed and ashamed to share the following, I think I have talked about this before, but I dont' remember...I may have long ago and not mentioned the DUI part, I am just now in the last couple of years been able to admit it outwardly to people, I was ashamed)

I am a victim of DUI, of my own accord. I really didn't get it that my driving would be so impaired. I was in a one vehicle accident, a roll over, I was thrown through the windshield and ran over by my own SUV. This was 10 yrs ago. My left arm was torn off (reattached but very limited use), I broke my neck, my back, both my shoulders, both my arms, all my ribs and the left side of my face. I suffered memory loss and still to this day have problems remembering. But I deserved it, I caused it. After spending 2 weeks in ICU, I was released then sent home. My husband left saying he didn't want a woman who couldn't walk, heck, I deserved it, I caused it. I did not walk for some time. I spent days, hours, days, hours, just sitting in my chair going over and over "what if, what if I would have hit a van full of children", "what if, what if I would have put my child in the car and took him with me"....I almost lost my mind with guilt. The pain I caused my friends/family. I thank God everyday I survived that accident, I thank him more that I only hurt myself and no one else. I am a good person, I made a HUGE mistake, it cost me dearly. I could have killed someone. I am crying now just reliving the guilt again. I will never forget the feelings of guilt, I will never forget the accident and the pain. God left me with enough handicap to be sure I never forget and I never drink and drive.... I know I am forgiven.

I hope he gets help and deals w/his problem. If this is his 2nd arrest, he didn't learn his lesson the first time. He should be punished, but we don't have to hate him.

There was only one perfect person to walk this earth. Being a christian doesn't make you perfect. Your disappointed? Imagine how God feels when he looks at us and some of things WE ALL have done, including you I'm sure. We shouldn't judge him, we should pray for him.

He should however be legally responsible and have to suffer the consequences for breaking the law. Thank God he didn't hurt anyone or hisself! (is that a word LOL!)

:clap: I agree with you girl!

Here is an awesome MySpace page

Kelli Laine-Drunk Driving made me forever 18.

Warning, some videos are graphic.

The thing that I was in awe with the most about this MySpace page is the impact it can make on you.

You can watch somene writing and how the writing changes after so many drinks...some really don't think it affects them, it does!

I have shared this MySpace with many teenagers in hoping to scare them into never drinking and driving!

(It took me along to not to be embarrassed and ashamed to share the following, I think I have talked about this before, but I dont' remember...I may have long ago and not mentioned the DUI part, I am just now in the last couple of years been able to admit it outwardly to people, I was ashamed)

I am a victim of DUI, of my own accord. I really didn't get it that my driving would be so impaired. I was in a one vehicle accident, a roll over, I was thrown through the windshield and ran over by my own SUV. This was 10 yrs ago. My left arm was torn off (reattached but very limited use), I broke my neck, my back, both my shoulders, both my arms, all my ribs and the left side of my face. I suffered memory loss and still to this day have problems remembering. But I deserved it, I caused it. After spending 2 weeks in ICU, I was released then sent home. My husband left saying he didn't want a woman who couldn't walk, heck, I deserved it, I caused it. I did not walk for some time. I spent days, hours, days, hours, just sitting in my chair going over and over "what if, what if I would have hit a van full of children", "what if, what if I would have put my child in the car and took him with me"....I almost lost my mind with guilt. The pain I caused my friends/family. I thank God everyday I survived that accident, I thank him more that I only hurt myself and no one else. I am a good person, I made a HUGE mistake, it cost me dearly. I could have killed someone. I am crying now just reliving the guilt again. I will never forget the feelings of guilt, I will never forget the accident and the pain. God left me with enough handicap to be sure I never forget and I never drink and drive.... I know I am forgiven.

I hope he gets help and deals w/his problem. If this is his 2nd arrest, he didn't learn his lesson the first time. He should be punished, but we don't have to hate him.

Sounds like you definitely learned your lesson! No one is perfect and the key is learning from your mistakes.

You wont need a defense if your not drunk!

You will if a cop pulls you over and arrests you for DUI and you ARE NOT legally drunk. Just because a LE officer SAYS you are drunk, does not make it true.

People with certain medical conditions have been put in jail for driving drunk when they were not.People who have seizures have been arrested for driving drunk when they were not.

The ONLY way to not have to deal with a DUI or an "impaired driving" charge is to:
NEVER drink alcohol within 12 hours of driving
NEVER take any drugs or medications within 6 hours of driving (even OTC medications)
NEVER drive when ill or physically impaired or without corrective lenses if needed
There are very few people who can do this 100% for their entire lives.

If YOU have ever driven in violation of ANY of the above then YOU are at risk for an arrest. How many people do you think take antihistamines or cold meds and drive every day??? THAT is illegal - you are "impaired".

Do not believe that you are NEVER going to face defending yourself in court for a driving "misjudgment" - one must always be knowledgeable and prepared to protect your own rights and your own innocence. LE and the justice system is NOT going to protect you or defend you - that is up to YOU. They are out to get a conviction - whether "justified" or not. Just because we - as law abiding and respecting people - see LE as our protectors against crime and violence, does NOT make them foolproof or "right". Please do not fall into the trap of assuming they are "on your side" - once you are charged with a violation or a crime, they are very much NOT on your side. If you are EVER arrested remember they WANT you to confess and incriminate yourself - the wise person does NOTHING and says NOTHING until they have spoken to an attorney.

My Opinion

You will if a cop pulls you over and arrests you for DUI and you ARE NOT legally drunk. Just because a LE officer SAYS you are drunk, does not make it true.

People with certain medical conditions have been put in jail for driving drunk when they were not.People who have seizures have been arrested for driving drunk when they were not.

The ONLY way to not have to deal with a DUI or an "impaired driving" charge is to:
NEVER drink alcohol within 12 hours of driving
NEVER take any drugs or medications within 6 hours of driving (even OTC medications)
NEVER drive when ill or physically impaired or without corrective lenses if needed
There are very few people who can do this 100&#37; for their entire lives.

If YOU have ever driven in violation of ANY of the above then YOU are at risk for an arrest. How many people do you think take antihistamines or cold meds and drive every day??? THAT is illegal - you are "impaired".

Do not believe that you are NEVER going to face defending yourself in court for a driving "misjudgment" - one must always be knowledgeable and prepared to protect your own rights and your own innocence. LE and the justice system is NOT going to protect you or defend you - that is up to YOU. They are out to get a conviction - whether "justified" or not. Just because we - as law abiding and respecting people - see LE as our protectors against crime and violence, does NOT make them foolproof or "right". Please do not fall into the trap of assuming they are "on your side" - once you are charged with a violation or a crime, they are very much NOT on your side. If you are EVER arrested remember they WANT you to confess and incriminate yourself - the wise person does NOTHING and says NOTHING until they have spoken to an attorney.

My Opinion

Ok now its getting ridiculous, whatever have the last word fine! Im not a child and Im not going to argue with you on this, I have way too much going on in my life to argue over this with you on a message board.

A breathalyzer is not gonna read that Im drunk because I took my thyroid pill. Your not even making a proper argument anymore.

Christians have the same problems as anyone else. I know, I am a Christian and boy have I messed up before! We all have some kind of problem to overcome. Being a Christian doesn't make a person less human or less a sinner, but it does mean that we are supposed to let God show us how to accept His forgiveness, learn from our shortcomings and go on to help someone else.

Don't worry, I'm not taking offense, just say'in!

Susan

--->>>A fine response. Christians do not walk on water, they wade up to their knees and make it across to the other side. Folks who take aim with their forefinger at the frailties of Christians, will typically have three more fingers pointing directly at themselves.

I love this family, and Matt particularly, he is a very very handsome man who was dealt a rough walk through this life. SIZE matters, he is a thin man as well as short, but a VERY large heart and mind. Yep his wife will have a few words, but no more than what he feels in his heart already.

Compassion, love and direction is all that he needs. Put the bat away.

--->>>A fine response. Christians do not walk on water, they wade up to their knees and make it across to the other side. Folks who take aim with their forefinger at the frailties of Christians, will typically have three more fingers pointing directly at themselves.

I love this family, and Matt particularly, he is a very very handsome man who was dealt a rough walk through this life. SIZE matters, he is a thin man as well as short, but a VERY large heart and mind. Yep his wife will have a few words, but no more than what he feels in his heart already.

Compassion, love and direction is all that he needs. Put the bat away.

Beautifully put Ms. Camper! :clap::clap::clap:

I feel sorry for him! At his height and weight, he probably isn't allowed even one drink! I think that bites. Besides, he didn't look intoxicated or under the influence in the booking photos to me. I hope they will find he isn't guilty. I am and will be a Roloff supporter!

I LOVE their show and feel it is quality tv. Being small is not a big deal. (pun intended). I haven't been able to change a lightbulb, get into my top cabinets, or reach a basketball goal my entire life without a stool or help! (I am 5' 4"!) Size is relative and the Roloff's prove it. They are a great family with good values and kind hearts. Matt will get through this and together...Matt and Amy will make sure their kids learn a lesson from it all.

I have a grandaughter with a form of Dwarfism and she is very much like Amy. Independent, strong, athletic, and very intelligent! (At 8 yo, she was playing as the only female on a normal BOYS baseball team and kicking @zz!! You should SEE that girl hit a ball!)

He can drink if he chooses, he just shouldn't drink and drive.

He can drink if he chooses, he just shouldn't drink and drive.

Thank you:) I dont see why he couldnt just call a cab. I hope he has learned his lesson and straightens up. I bet the people sticking up for him would feel a little differently if their loved ones were hit by him. Hopefully that wont happen and this will be the last of it.

See you all in a month as Im going on vacation!

Thank you:) I dont see why he couldnt just call a cab. I hope he has learned his lesson and straightens up. I bet the people sticking up for him would feel a little differently if their loved ones were hit by him. Hopefully that wont happen and this will be the last of it.

See you all in a month as Im going on vacation!
Have a WONDERFUL vacation, Autumn!!
And I agree with your post.

there was a marathon on TV yesterday afternoon, & i watched several of the episodes.....Matt's a little bit of a jerk, imo....when his son Zack was getting ready to go into surgery on his leg, Matt asked the Dr, in front of Zack, if they'd be using buzz-saws & hammers during the procedure:confused: like they did 'in the day' when HE had HIS surgeries.....it was painfully obvious that this bothered Zack, & even Amy made a comment that Matt might want to know, but Zack probably didn't.....but Matt kept yakkin it up with the Dr in front of Zack....

Matt kept on & on relating to HIS surgeries during the episode...it seemed he wanted everything to be about him.....i like his wife Amy, but i don't really care for him.....i'll bet he's not 'a day in the park' to live with.....

if he refused the breathalyzer, he was drunk, & knew he'd fail it, imo....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers
Back