Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like bringing people into something that probably had nothing to do with it, but unless I'm missing something....i only see two records for raw jr. I've been looking there for years, looked up old friends off and on kinda to see how they are doing now, last address, etc. There are a couple with same name, no birthday that i suppose could be him, but i think i only found two and im pretty sure i know what those are about, and don't find them a big deal.

The reference was to incidents in the past, and about the fact that if Mrs. Patricia is found guilty of a felony, she may not be at liberty to act as "bondsman" for her and RAW's son anymore. Virginia is a bit pickier about those things than Maryland. My whole point was that TTW1 did not have anywhere near the means or opportunity that RAW and LLW had, and while law enforcement cannot ask him anything now, without a Ouija board, they can ask his employer for any remaining work records, find out if he kept any appointments with anyone, check rail and airlines, ect., and alibi him. I've seen Maryland police do it, too. Someone gave police a false tip about a stabbing in Frederick, Maryland. By the time police checked out the lead, the would-be suspect had died. But.....in his stuff, at his mom's house, was an airline ticket verifying that he was flying from CA to VA..........for the very day he was supposedly on a crime spree in Frederick! So you see, while he was deceased, there was no "he MIGHT have been part of it". Sadly, that case is still unsolved.

Calling in a false tip was wasting the police dept's time. Hopefully, no one is doing it in the Lyon sisters' case.

This post is directed to AAWJ.
I have probably read every post in every thread associated with Sheila and Kate's disappearance in 1975 and I have never posted a comment. Richard, Motherof5, Simplymylife, Beachlvr0810 and Historydetective63 are sincere and care. They have very good thoughts and have good investigative abilities.
Unfortunately you joined Websleuths.com just a few days after Richard Alan Welch was released as the second Person-of-Interest? From my review you continually deflect criticism from RAW. Recently pushing attention towards others.
It is quite clear to me you have a connection to Richard A. Welch, his wife or one of his children. What is your connection? And why would you want to meddle in an investigation where two children were abducted and killed?

I am awaiting your response.

Today, February 11, 2015, it has been exactly one year since Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. was named as a person of interest.

Today, February 11, 2015, it has been exactly one year since Lloyd Lee Welch Jr. was named as a person of interest.

It has indeed been a full year since Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. was named as a POI. Since that time, there has been a good deal of information brought out about him, his travels, and his other crimes.

It has also been a year filled with much Speculation based on his being named a person of interest.

However, it should pointed out that to date, LE has not charged him with anything related to this case, and no specific evidence connecting him directly to the girls' disappearance has been released.

We do know that MCP and Bedford, Virginia authorities Believe that the Welch family is/was involved, but again we have no specific information as to why they believe this.

Lloyd Welch is currently incarcerated in the Delaware Prison system, where he has been for the past 18 years or so. He has denied any culpability in the disappearance of the Lyon sisters in a recent letter to the Washington Post.

djt, Richard Alan Welch has been released as the second person-of-interest?? Link please.

Patricia Welch has a court date coming up. More might come out between now and then. Also, not a word has been shared with the public about what's been found on the property where the FBI was digging. If nothing was found, it seems that they would have just stated this.

Patricia Welch has a court date coming up. More might come out between now and then. Also, not a word has been shared with the public about what's been found on the property where the FBI was digging. If nothing was found, it seems that they would have just stated this.

I will reply to this post on the Taylor's Mountain thread.

Things are breaking in this case-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...dc5a4c-b872-11e4-a200-c008a01a6692_story.html

Lee Lloyd Welch admits being at the mall and leaving with the girls in a vehicle....

Lee Lloyd Welch claims he left the girls with his uncle Richard Welch and a juvenile relative (nephew Thomas Welch,Jr who was 10 years old at the time) and was dropped at his home....

Lee Lloyd Welch claims he went to Richard Welch's home the folowing day and observed one of the girls being sexually assaulted....

Lee Lloyd Welch claims he left Richard Welch's house and never saw the girls again....

When Lee Lloyd Welch was named a person of interest in 2014, relatives on Taylor Mountain claim Richard Welch and his wife made several unexpected trips to the area....

Washington Post states this information comes from recently released police affidavits but does not provide them.

That article makes MCPD look so bad. They had the sketch of LHM and Welch really did come forward, was questioned, and did not pass a lie detector test...

OUCH!

Very glad to see Lloyd Welch start to come forward. Sounds horrible hearing what he said. I hope we can find the whole truth to this story before 40 years comes on March 25, but I definitely think we will know the whole truth by June. I just can't imagine how hard this has been.

Very glad to see Lloyd Welch start to come forward. Sounds horrible hearing what he said. I hope we can find the whole truth to this story before 40 years comes on March 25, but I definitely think we will know the whole truth by June. I just can't imagine how hard this has been.

Is something suppose to happen in June??? Why is that month been mentioned more than once recently?

Things are breaking in this case-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...dc5a4c-b872-11e4-a200-c008a01a6692_story.html

Lee Lloyd Welch admits being at the mall and leaving with the girls in a vehicle....

Lee Lloyd Welch claims he left the girls with his uncle Richard Welch and a juvenile relative (nephew Thomas Welch,Jr who was 10 years old at the time) and was dropped at his home....

Lee Lloyd Welch claims he went to Richard Welch's home the folowing day and observed one of the girls being sexually assaulted....

Lee Lloyd Welch claims he left Richard Welch's house and never saw the girls again....

When Lee Lloyd Welch was named a person of interest in 2014, relatives on Taylor Mountain claim Richard Welch and his wife made several unexpected trips to the area....

Washington Post states this information comes from recently released police affidavits but does not provide them.

I am sure we are all very grateful for your update WaynezWorld. It's strange I never got a google alert. I think Lee Lloyd Welch is probably telling the truth why would he admit to this if it wasn't true? Is he trying to save himself from dying in jail? Then again look what has happened the Jon Benet and Etan Patz cases with suspects for example.

Thoughts and prayers with the Lyon family at hearing these developments and them being made public. I guess testing is being done on the bones found to see who they belong to it is very sad indeed. I agree more information is going to come out. Still loads of unanswered questions about any other victims and who tape recorder man was.

I am thinking that the affidavit will be made available to the public soon, the Washington Post reporter has obviously seen, it stands to reason that it is public record.

Many guesses can be made, but whatever really happened may not be ever discovered. Even if LLW admits taking the girls from the mall, he may not be completely honest. He may be implicating the uncle when he had no involvement or he may be putting all of the blame on the uncle when both were willing partners in the crime.

The other possibility is that LLW is lying about everything and just wants a little attention Henry Lee Lucas style.

I would like to see the affidavits and statements LLW has made. It may take several interviews for LE to get more details, but like I said, I fear they may be self serving. Sometimes a killer will "come clean" but only tell about 7 of 10 murders he has committed. LLW may downplay his role.

Is something suppose to happen in June??? Why is that month been mentioned more than once recently?

I did a Google search and the grand jury is convened through June 2015

"Bedford, VA - A grand jury could continue to investigate a cold case related to the disappearance of two little girls from Maryland well into next year.

The multi-jurisdiction grand jury met regarding the Lyon sisters case Friday in Bedford.

Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Krantz tells ABC 13 this particular grand jury is convened through June 2015"

http://www.wset.com/story/27597004/grand-jury-could-meet-on-lyon-sisters-case-into-2015

I am thinking that the affidavit will be made available to the public soon, the Washington Post reporter has obviously seen, it stands to reason that it is public record.

Many guesses can be made, but whatever really happened may not be ever discovered. Even if LLW admits taking the girls from the mall, he may not be completely honest. He may be implicating the uncle when he had no involvement or he may be putting all of the blame on the uncle when both were willing partners in the crime.

The other possibility is that LLW is lying about everything and just wants a little attention Henry Lee Lucas style.

I would like to see the affidavits and statements LLW has made. It may take several interviews for LE to get more details, but like I said, I fear they may be self serving. Sometimes a killer will "come clean" but only tell about 7 of 10 murders he has committed. LLW may downplay his role.

True it is going to be very difficult proving who did what in a court of law in this case I don't envy the prosecutors if the case ever goes to trial.

I am sure we are all very grateful for your update WaynezWorld. It's strange I never got a google alert. I think Lee Lloyd Welch is probably telling the truth why would he admit to this if it wasn't true? Is he trying to save himself from dying in jail? Then again look what has happened the Jon Benet and Etan Patz cases with suspects for example.

I hope he had a moment of moral clarity but I am very cynical. With two priors for sexual assault of a minor, I have little confidence in him being 100% truthful.

As far as dying in prison goes, it is probably a given. If he delivered the girls to his uncle but had no involvement in the assault/murder, he is still a very guilty man; conspiracy to abduct or a similar charge. He will never leave prison alive after that admission.

I can only speculate about the mental and physical health of LLW. I seriously doubt either is good. He looks terrible in the picture, I suspect he had alcohol or drug problems on the streets- many carnies are drunks and druggies. He also has such a serious criminal background, it is nearly impossible to imagine that lying is not a part of his ingrained character.

I picture LLW as an institutionalized rat who is perhaps content in an environment of incarceration as he had a history of staying at shelters. I cannot see someone like him ever making a positive readjustment to the streets.

Questions I have-

What car did LLW leave the mall with?

Who was in the car besides the Lyon girls?

What was LLW's intentions and did the girls enter the car voluntarily?

Why did the girls leave with RW?

Why did you depart from from RW and the other relative?

Why did you go to RW's house the following day?

Why did you leave RW's house the following day?

What conversations did you have with RW regarding the girls?

Did RW conspire with you to abduct or harm the girls and were you a willing participant in said plot?

Why did you come to police on 4/1/1975 and tell them you saw the girls leave in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l