local media's first home tour and presser 10/27/11 **cancelled**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
I also wish the local media would say thanks, but no thanks. I would love for DB to be ignored. Would absolutely love it! Let Cyndy go sashaying through the house alone! This isn't home tours of the rich and famous! It's probably a house where a sweet, innocent 10 mo. old lost her life, FGS!!
To the tour, yes, but I think the presser is a good idea. Keep Lisa fresh on people's minds, IMO.

I wonder if this is an overture by Short to try and make amends with the local media. It seems like she's been trying to course correct quite a bit since she took on the case. Bill Stanton leaving, Ashely Irwin stopped speaking for the family (thankfully), allowing the boys to be re-interviewed, and her measured statements to the media. She's also going to do daily press releases - perhaps to plead for Lisa's return and try to keep interest and exposure?

I'm not automatically bothered by this. I think Short is facing an uphill battle at salvaging this, considering AI's spokespersons efforts and DB's tendency to insert her foot in her mouth every time she speaks to the media. This may be Short's way of trying to get back in good with the local media. Considering she's been practicing for a while, I'm sure she already has professional connections with some of the reporters.

Katie Ferrell just tweeted that ALL media events cancelled through weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! including this tour and preser more to come!!!!!
OMG!! WTH??

No tour???

The Kansas City attorney for the parents of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin abruptly postponed a scheduled media tour on Thursday of the home where the baby disappeared.

The baby was reported missing by her parents early on the morning of Oct. 4.

The tour Thursday would have been the first time the local media had been allowed inside the house at 3620 North Lister Avenue...........

Short issued the news release about 9 a.m. The tour of the home had been scheduled for 11 a.m.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1bzaOYgII

Everything canceled until Monday? Okay, now I have no idea what to think.

Katie Ferrell just tweeted that ALL media events cancelled through weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! including this tour and preser more to come!!!!!
OMG!! WTH??
Um.

:waitasec:

OK, so WTF? Strange.

We need a VENT thread ..lol...to post our circus pics and commments and FRUSTRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I think would be a great idea is for one of the local stations to make time in their programming for missing children. Maybe feature one missing child in the KC area during each daily news program and to give more information on the station's website. Just the facts, no hype.

I'm wondering a couple of things...

Maybe there is a break or leads in the case?

Or, maybe after Abeyta and Porter made their statements last night, it was an eye opener for the parents and they are reconsidering retaining Short??

Very strange to cancel at this late hour!

IMO, they certainly aren't exhausted from talking with LE.

it is time for police to make a move!!!

YES! There comes a point where you have to draw the line between informational and absurd actions!!! LE needs to start speaking out in my opinion not to share the case info but to reassure the citizens that their tax dollars are indeed being put to good use! Let ppl know if they are still thinking a crazy person is on the loose kidnapping babies or heck if they still just dont know!!

Or, maybe after Abeyta and Porter made their statements last night, it was an eye opener for the parents and they are reconsidering retaining Short??

hoping its a break or a lead.....everyday they choose not to be interviewed is another day little lisa is missing :(

Perfect....plan the tour for Halloween! These people are definitely <unusual>

Are the parents out searching for her at all ? talking with police daily? What makes them exhausted?

Hi indepmo. :seeya:

Where can I find the statements from Abeyta and Porter?

tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back