Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9, 2012)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have not looked at the Ipod until a few days ago, however I do not see the relevence. To me it is not evidence per say, as much as a window into TLM's lifestyle.The song the defense played for the court was not even on the Ipod, thus throwing our a red herring fallacy, to try and confuse the jury. To me that is more harmful to their case, then the crown not looking at an Ipod until recently. This Ipod she had does not have video on it and can not record others so therefore I do not believe it was a priority piece to examine for the crown. Especially since she is not on trial IMHO.

I believe the judge asked for a listing of the unnamed tracks on the Ipod. I assume that's what this means? Perhaps that's the only way to know if the song is on the Ipod or not. JMO

London Free Press@RaffertyLFPReply
Justice Heeney asking crown if a list of the unnamed tracks on the iPod will be submitted as evidence; back to photos of McClintic's room.

I've reread all the tweets from the trial throughout March 12 to March 21st and I can find no reference to the shorts being found at TLM's house. I think the confusion comes from her describing and maybe id-ing the ones from his gym bag. I may have missed something.If anyone else finds it could they post it please.

*sigh* I wish I had never opened up this can of worms.

The picture of the shorts and gym bag were first shown during TLM's testimony, mixed in with other pics taken at her house. While the Tweets were unclear, some of the reporters carried the misconception into their printed articles later.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7763771&postcount=378"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 2012)[/ame]

Antiquegirl, I don't think he was wearing that sweatshirt in his mugshot, I have to agree with the others, he's wearing some type of jumpsuit because the police took his clothes upon arrest. It looks almost see-through - could you imagine? eek! That right there would prevent me from doing anything ilegal and getting arrested. lol

MOO

I have seen these type of coveralls at work. They are made of paper and disposible.

*sigh* I wish I had never opened up this can of worms.

The picture of the shorts and gym bag were first shown during TLM's testimony, mixed in with other pics taken at her house. While the Tweets were unclear, some of the reporters carried the misconception into their printed articles later.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 2012)

Don't be sorry..its all good.Its what we do here ..disect and analyze...what one misses the other may not...

Just an observation:
The mannequin is wearing a paper-ish white hoodie. Just like the one I believe MR is wearing in his mug shot. JMO.

Good catch, JP. Guess I should be boning up on my arrest protocol. I was under the assumption that fingerprinting and taking of mugshots would be done before anything else. I've never heard of these paper suits. Wonder why they'd have a hood. Thanks for the enlightenment. :)

I think I may be wrong.

LOL! Here's the thing: Any of us may be. And have been ... many times. We're all just human. (See my signature line.)

So, what do you think you may be wrong about?

I totally agree!
If I imagine for just one second that I was unwittingly involved in the kidnapping and murder of a child...I would have hightailed myself to the nearest police station to offer them every single piece of evidence that might exist. I would do that because I am a very trusting person who adheres to standard values of 'right' and 'wrong'.
But not every person would. People who tend to be suspicious or wary of authority would likely think differently. Also, people who are extremely emotionally detached, resolute or unsentimental might also be more likely to delay or not report a crime.

Not reporting a serious crime is not 'right' by any stretch of the imagination. However I can see why some people might not.

I believe most of us would say we would report a crime, however, if we aren't illegally doing and maybe dealing drugs and who knows what else, we can't really sit here and say well if we were MR....drugs change a person both mentally and physically. I believe they also change the person's ability to make decisions that would normally seem to an easy choice. This in NO way excuses either of those two for what happened. I still believe if they were both there it doesn't really matter who physically held that hammer, they are both equally as guilty.

Limited means? He had almost a thousand bucks in a baggie in his glove compartment!

That couldn't buy a 6-year-old Honda Civic. Try $10,000. Besides, if he was dealing, he would need to re-invest it.

I thought your list was of things MR claimed to be, if you're assuming that he's a mechanic because he took out the back seat to install stereo equipment, then it's not a claim made my MR, is it? It's your assumption.

I didn't mention anything about making excuses in my comment to you.

MOO

Where was it mentioned that he removed the back seat to install stereo equipment? I missed that and don't remember any stereo equipment in the evidence photos?

Thanks,

Salem

I thought it looked like he was wearing one of the CSI type thin paper suits like the one the mannequin is wearing in this photo (hard to tell though!):

dynamic_resize

(Photo 16 here: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19599891.html )

All of those circled areas look promising for forensic evidence - has there been any news about the coat in the trial so far? I may have missed it.

That's what I said the previous thread when the mugshot was released :)

Where was it mentioned that he removed the back seat to install stereo equipment? I missed that and don't remember any stereo equipment in the evidence photos?

Thanks,

Salem

I don't remember reading anything that stated that he removed his backseat for this purpose at all. However, there is a slide that show speakers under the removed seat (shows up when the blanket is removed) and other slides that shows a speaker in his trunk.

under the blankets: slide 85
trunk: slides 86-88

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19599961.html

[BBM]
To each his own. Maybe he thought it looked cool, or was going to when he was done with it. There's no accounting for taste. Wearing "designer clothes" is not indicative of good taste, just conformity. He may have been 28 at the time, but probably a teenager at heart from the drug use. JMO

Bolded above. Absolutely Jay, totally agreed.:rocker: My DS is five years older than MR and thought he could relate to what was going through MR's head when he decide to customize his own car. From what I understand most people who customize their cars, don't go crazy and spray everywhere and anywhere. They typically work on one area, (ie., back passenger door) at a time until it's satisfactory. What MR did just goes to show he wasn't trying to customize his car, he was trying to cover up evidence of a murder crime. :moo:

Thanks,

Salem

Chachacha was giving reasons as to why someone would remove the back seat.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7761335&postcount=52"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 2012)[/ame]

and from that Sailor Bug took it upon herself to say MR stated he was a mechanic. (to which I later replied with the comment you quoted)

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7761395&postcount=62"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 2012)[/ame]

There is an evidence photo of a large stereo speaker in MR's trunk.

2j722d.jpg

#85 http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19599961.html#next

<modsnip>

Also it may be one of those situations were you have a picture in your head about how nice a project you are working on will be, but once you start it becomes overwhelming and you realize you know nothing. Or when you finally complete it you realize it looks like poo! :butthead:

:floorlaugh: Funny what drugs can do to someones sight. Speaking of smoke and mirrors. A work in progress alright. I wonder what part he was planning on doing next? :moo:

So I am stuck at these two things.

Did MTR know TM and JG and did TLM know TM and JG. It was already established earlier that TM and JG would go over to TLM mothers house to pick up oxy's and talk dog breeding. TM mentioned two visits with TLM being there only saying the one time she was extremely out of it, the other time she was leaving when TM and JS were coming in. TM than stated that its possible that TS could have overheard the dog breeding.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1142826--tori-stafford-murder-trial-mother-s-shortcomings

MR during his police interview at his house said that "the mom um Tara that she&#8217;s like at Goodtime Charlie&#8217;s and that
place is like a crack bar apparently like everybody who does
drugs in the town hangs out there so um just (laugh) I don&#8217;t
know how to react to it like I don&#8217;t it&#8217;s not my business but on
the other hand it&#8217;s too much drama when you hear somebody
like gossiping and talking behind other people&#8217;s backs "

It was also stated in the Toronto star that MR often spent evenings at good time charlies

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/637413

So am I meant to believe that there isnt more of a connection to the 4 then we are made to believe? They all claim to not really know each other and if they all hung out and were regulars at the bar I would think that MR knew more about TM then TLM did. When you are a regular you hear stuff about other people and if they were all into the same drugs they either all know the same dealers or they bought from each other.

I stand firm on what I believe and I really do not think it was a random abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit