long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard DD describe dissociation. Now I know what I had in the months following my son's death. It is the strangest feeling you are completely and totally disconnected to your environment and feel as though you are on the outside looking in. Has anyone else here experienced this.

Isabelle, my Son died 6 years ago this week...he was 22..I really can't remember the whole year after.. But I went to work, I did my job but otherwise I just "floated.".I guess you could call it outside looking in doing what I think I should be doing.

Some of us feel that the sex scenes were faked and TA was actually being tortured in the bedroom. Someone suggested that the photos of him nude on the bed with an anguished expression on his face were not the countenance of a person interested in voluntarily posing for a fun sex play photo, rather a man under duress. Here are some of the points in favor of this theory:

*There is duct tape on his arm. It is not a Body Bug as some suggested (an exercise aid) because strands of duct tape was identified at the crime scene. Tying a person up via the upper arms was done on another murder I saw on Mystery Detectives--the older guy who went into the desert with a young Wiccan woman and didn't live another day. This method of tieup is also used in SM because it leaves the hands free while impeding aggressive movement.

*The angle of the photos is deliberate because it is bad photography. Both shots do not show his left arm, which could be tied to a foot of the bed.

*JA referred to a rope loop as a "noose"--a very odd choice of words.

*TA appears to be giving a hand gesture in one photo but a WS poster pointed out that he is tossing the KY tube that JA planted, almost in a defiant gesture. The KY tube and his hand are both blurred.

*TA is not the least aroused. It may be a post coital photo since his genital area is reddened, or he could have been sexually assaulted.

*TA's foot shows two rope burns. Either he was tied up in the bedroom or he was dragged by the foot.

I've saved the best evidence for last. The crime scene experts indicated the blood in the bedroom varied in age. There was "old" blood and fresher blood.

In my mind, I think she used the unusual tie-up to sit on him and inflict minor stab wounds because by then, he had refused to be blackmailed (by the photos) and by her threats to tell the bishop he was a pedophile. The evidence of blunt force trauma on his lower limbs has never been explained. I believe she inflicted wounds to him in the bedroom before the shower.

Another theory that explains Travis' weakened condition is that she may have stabbed him in the heart first and he may not have realized the severity of the injury. Many people do not realize they are dying because they feel ok at first. They think they survived because they don't see too much blood. Medical testimony indicates that it would have taken three or four minutes to weaken.

Evidence towards this scenario would be the unnatural position of his hands on his chest on one of the shower photos, the strange poses, the appearance of desperation/pain and general sadness. His basic defiance towards her intimidation might make him not want to show her his pain. WHen he saw the gun, he knew he had to act.

I am sure I have left some things out, but these are some of the ideas that have been floated here.

anagrammy - this is a very interesting post. Can you point to a link for the info I bolded? I've never seen that evidence before.

After listening to these jury questions I am so excited to hear their questions for the DT's DV expert even without hearing her testimony.

Just to throw my weight behind your sentiment too...

I lived with an abusive, very likely psychopathic, diagnosed disordered personality for a decade. He's currently in prison for a few more years for raping his teenage niece. I've moved nearly 5000 miles and an ocean away and he still intimidates, manipulates, and abuses every chance he gets - either himself or through family and friends he's turned into unknowing proxies. I am still terrified of him and have very little doubt if he ever has a way to kill me, he will. Psychopaths don't willingly let go of people who choose to leave. When one 'gets away' they've committed a sin so great the psychopath becomes intent on revenge...unless, of course, they secure a new source, are incarcerated, or die.

Saying all that...Jodi is on an entirely different scale than my ex. She absolutely, unequivocally scares the living hell out of me. I thought I understood evil and cruelty - until I started following this case. She tips my own personal psychopathic scale til the damn thing breaks. I've never seen anything quite as disturbed, disordered, and utterly inhuman as her. She is a predator in the absolute purest sense of the word.

And I guess I really can't get more emphatic than that. ;)

Thanks britskate

If you haven't seen it..
Rent the movie:

ADAM's RIB ..... with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn

This movis is your ... Imagine if.

Regardless of this trial, "Adam's Rib" a fantastic movie to be seen more than once..

How funny! I did a quick search & it's available On Demand...for 3.99! Maybe a good watch over the week end! Thanx for the suggestion:seeya:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee
The surprisingly loud sound of it being fired in a room with a lot of tile and hard surfaces along with whatever recoil it had, she drops the gun as Travis is exiting the shower and she has to use the knife to finish her mission?

I personally think she planned on using both weapons, a shot to his head and a stab to his heart.

Does anyone know what other guns her grandfather had and wonder why she didn't take a more powerful one (if she was only planning to use a gun to kill him)?

If I remember correctly they were all long guns

Yes the rest were long guns.
I think she probably didn't want to use the gun at all if she could kill him without it.
At 5:30 in the afternoon of June 4th she was probably worried someone would hear the bang.
Kids would be outside playing, people out for a walk,people driveing by on there way home from work.
Firing a gun in a tiled room with nothing to absorb the bang it would have been quite loud even with just one shot.
A 25 cal semi probably wouldn't even go through a pillow if that was used to muffle the shot.
Even if it managed to go through a pillow it wouldn't have had enough energy left to penitrate his skull.

I agree with you. Some of the things this witness says does make sense and I can understand what he is trying to say. I also cannot stand JM. I think he is overbearing and insulting to this witness. The doc seems like a nice guy and I think JM can get his point acrossed without the insults and screaming.

I love Juan's pit bull persona...he's not there to coddle a murderer or those paid witnesses that manufacture a defense for the murderer. He's the voice for a murder victim. Travis Alexander. If a hired gun by the defense doesn't know to have his ducks in a row and intelligently lay out his evaluation ...shame on him. That just proves to me how far down they reached into the barrel to find him.

If I am not mistaken I think Dave Hall is the friend who he borrowed a gun from to use at the range and Dave is to be called as a witness. He was in gallery one day and was asked a question/s while jury was not present and then asked to leave the court and not follow the trial. I think we might be hearing from him in rebuttal!

Yes, Dave Hall, and he should be a State witness....not for the defense!!

:)

Are you keeping track of how many of us seem to have PTSD based on the test that you posted?

Your Score = 8

You are likely suffering from post traumatic stress; please contact us for more information

I have experienced PTSD from a traumatic experience eleven years ago. I have mostly learned to control my thoughts but I answered the questions as if it just happened. Bet we all have PTSD according to the site!

Question..
Does the jury know that there were knives found in Jodi's car when she was arrested or has that info not been allowed into evidence?

or something. He was pushing her buttons and it worked. A meek, non-assertive, abused woman on the witness stand would not be copping an attitude toward the mean Prosecutor. She would likely break down in tears, not play word games and engage in verbal sparring. Juan broke open her sweet little facade and exposed her to the jury and all the experts in the world can't make Jodi Dumpty back into a meek, shaking chihuahua again.

He isn't looking for the truth from her. He knows he won't get it. All he has to do is provoke her and let her hang herself. That is exactly what she did. She purjured herself, she got angry, defiant, sarcastic, rude. He got her to show that she was not the meek little downtrodden abused woman she claims to be. It took a bit but I quickly realized what he was doing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a little curious on who chose Samuels as their expert witness?
I wondered if Martinez would file ethic charges against Samuels once this case is over. Now I'm thinking that maybe Nurmi or Willmott will beat him to the punch!

Doesn't it seem odd that the Defense attys can say pretty much anything, deflect blame on to any hapless person and no one can do a damn thing about it- they are just doing their jobs; but every other profession has some sort of self-regulating body that can discipline and sanction their members if they don't meet ethical standards ...?

Seems to me there should be some mutual reporting going on here.

Isabelle, my Son died 6 years ago this week...he was 22..I really can't remember the whole year after.. But I went to work, I did my job but otherwise I just "floated.".I guess you could call it outside looking in doing what I think I should be doing.

Hugs to you.

Snoozefest...no one else noticed. Seriously? It was discussed here until I nearly spontaneously combusted! There ain't nothing worth mentioning in any eyeball picture of Travis's. it's like Jesus toast.

The one useful piece of information from the retina shot (other than entertainment) is that you can see the camera flash location.

It was being held on the right at waist height.

That's it.

Oh- another tidbit I'll throw in here that I found interesting was a WS post which said that all the shower photos were flash photos because you could tell by the shadows in the water droplets. That poster claimed that the poor lighting that we see compared with the last two sitting shower photos was due to damage from the washing machine and the restoration process.

Hmmm.

Hmmm...hadn't given the bullets a great deal of thought, wonder if any were stolen along with the gun, was it kept loaded or did little missy have to buy some ammunition for it?

Being that .25 ammo was found at her mother's house, it appears the ammo was taken from the grandparents' house along with the gun. Makes me wonder what else may have been hidden there.

:waitasec:

MOO

I'm a little curious on who chose Samuels as their expert witness?
I wondered if Martinez would file ethic charges against Samuels once this case is over. Now I'm thinking that maybe Nurmi or Willmott will beat him to the punch!

I don't know, but I bet their kicking themselves right about now, if they haven't done so already...

That isn't even the worst of that crying segment from the interrogation, this is what she said right after that.

Pure evil caught on tape right there, sitting in the courtroom getting pleasure at seeing herself talk about Travis' family and friends suffering!

This makes me .....:furious:

Mr. Pizza,
Here is how Jodi managed to kill a much larger male without any restraints:
One of Jodi's first stabs punctured Travis' lung and nicked his Superior vena cava. The stab that punctured his lung caused Travis to immediately start gasping for breath and continuously cough up large amounts of blood. Imagine someone holding your head under water for a long time and then finally releasing you after you inhaled water. When you surfaced, you would sputter, cough out water, and begin gasping for breath. You would be unable to adequately defend yourself while trying to get oxygen to your oxygen-starved body. This is how it felt for Travis to have a pneumothorax/hemothorax (collapsed lung filling with blood).

The Superior vena cava is a large vein returning the oxygen-depleted blood to the heart from the head and extremities. Think of this scenario for the nick to Travis' Superior vena cava: Imagine a swimming pool inflatable raft with someone applying pressure to it. Imagine that the raft developed a hole in one of it's largest oxygen-holding sections. The raft would quickly deflate/die. This is the similar to Travis's nick to his Superior vena cava except Travis was quickly losing blood. Travis would have quickly felt "shocky" which includes feelings of intense nausea, weakness, dizziness, and confusion progressing to loss of consciousness.

Travis was immediately incapacitated with:
- a collapsed lung
- drowning from the blood accumulating in his damaged lung,
- gasping for air,
- coughing up copious amounts of blood while gasping for air, and
- a hole in a large vein which quickly dropped his blood pressure making him nauseated, very weak, and very confused.
http://www.daviddarling.info/images/superior_vena_cava.gif

Pensfan
verified old nurse

Then how was he able to walk all the way up the hallway? I can relate to no air being born a severe asthmatic, I can't keep walking I stop to catch my breath. Wouldn't he have stayed in the bathroom and fell their instead of all the way down the hallway? I don't know how long the hallway was, but when I'm having an attack I can't walk 5 ft. or I'll stop breathing altogether.

I have experienced PTSD from a traumatic experience eleven years ago. I have mostly learned to control my thoughts but I answered the questions as if it just happened. Bet we all have PTSD according to the site!

I also was dx'd with PTSD ...my problem wasn't a loss of memory, it was intrusive thoughts, the constant barrage of reliving the events and hyper vigilance. Thankfully...EMDR therapy allowed me to completely reprocess the traumatic event and now I can recall it without all the emotion attached to it. It's more like a movie with characters that don't include me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89