long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said yesterday and the day before there was something hinky with this man. Anyone with a minimal IQ would be able to see that and judging by most of the jurors questions, they do see it.

I think there is something hinky with LaViolette, too. Juan hinted at something to do with pedophilia and Travis' computer when he did his cross of JA. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was something to the affect that she (JA) lied to her telling her there was child *advertiser censored* on his computer when we all know there was not. When Juan asked her, she said did not tell her that, that she told her he had actual pictures. I think he has proof otherwise. So I think there's more bombshells to come when she's on the stand next week.

If I recall correctly, there was something said about LaViolette reporting images on TA's laptop but after his computer was examined somehow changed her info saying it was merely a misunderstanding. Funny how everyone of the DT's witnesses have had to change their stories.

Thank you.. Sounds like, outside the normal course legal wrangling, etc, she was very difficult to deal with as a client!!! I can just imagine what Travis went through as the "so-called g/f"!!!

JMHO

They've lost FIVE peeps before Nurmi I think. Maybe their conscious was bothering them?

I read last night on the Jodi site that the Tesero reciept and Walmart were thrown out b/c it didn't match juan's story or something like that. Does anyone know about those things?

This makes no sense to me. Juan had the Tesero receipts, along with her bank statement that backed up what he was saying. How could they throw that out as not matching what he said? Also, if there is a record at Walmart of the returned gas can, I would think the DT would simply bring that in to discredit the prosecution. Not have it thrown out all together.

I don't read there, so I'm not sure where they get their information.

Blood atonement is a complete red herring regarding the JA case.

Like any intelligent murderer JA wanted to dispatch TA with finality.
Many people(myself included) reason that if murder is the aim why not use the most efficient means to achieve this end. Shooting TA in the head while he was confined in a shower stall is a priori the best possible method.
Using a knife to effectuate the murder of TA is uncertain and inherently unsafe.

It stands to reason that JA could have shot TA in the head to incapacitate him and then proceeded to attack with a knife. TA obviously defended himself with a certain but otherwise unknown amount of vigor. JA could NOT have known how an initial knife attack on TA would have turned out. In the knife first theory TA could have just as easily disarmed and overpowered JA – since he was bigger stronger and more agile than JA.
It also stands to reason that JA did NOT anticipate a blood bath or the need to slice TA throat.

There is NO reason to believe that JA had a “blood lust”. TA delivered some 4-5 liters of his own warm blood onto the bathroom and bedroom floor plus whatever amount got washed down in the shower stall. This situation presented itself truly as a “HOT MESS”.
It is somewhat of a mystery why JA chose to “clean up the scene”. She certainly had no desire to hide the nature of death. The only reason why she would “clean” is to expunge any evidence of her presence at the crime scene namely fingerprints, hair fibers, any lingering DNA residue, and her own blood splatter.

[If I had been JA and was bent on murdering TA with a knife alone I would have used GLOVES].

The motivation behind the RAGE and or PANIC knife thrashes is purely speculation. She certainly could have “enjoyed” the knife thrusts as a source of revenge. But this “enjoyment” is pure luxury when one is in the heat of battle where one or the other is likely to die in the outcome.
I subscribe though to the panic reaction theory, I think JA shot him first and he did NOT die immediately, I suspect she shot again and true to the Ninja Story the gun jammed. She panicked . She had access to her knife and she began flailing indiscriminately at JA front side and then his back side. Because TA simply would NOT die on the spot JA opted for the coup de grace by attempting decapitation. This scenario comports nicely with the crime scene blood splatter pattern on the bathroom tile and sink.

I would really like to believe that JA shot him first and he was incapacitated and did not suffer. However, I think this is very unlikely for a number of reasons:

1. Lack of internal blood in the cranium and facial area as a result of the gunshot wound, which suggests he was dead or close to dead when the shot was fired.

2. The bullet casing landing apparently undisturbed in a pool of blood.

3. Defensive wounds on Travis' hands. Medical Examiner said the gunshot wound probably would have knocked him unconscious immediately.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY - It matches the pathological liar's version of events regarding his death

Can we compare Martinez to something other than a pit bull, they get enough bad raps. I realize pit bulls are known to be vicious and aggressive, and that's what people want here, but they are also loving pets. Can we choose something like a wolverine or killer shark?

Martinez the Honey Badger. You want to get on the stand and spout a bunch of BS, thinking you'll be treated with kid gloves? Honey Badger don't care.

If I recall correctly, there was something said about LaViolette reporting images on TA's laptop but after his computer was examined somehow changed her info saying it was merely a misunderstanding. Funny how everyone of the DT's witnesses have had to change their stories.

JA originally told LaViolette that Travis had the images on his pc but after she learned that he had no *advertiser censored* on his pc she changed it to on his bed. That is where Juan challenged her about telling the DV expert about the images on the pc and not the bed. It isn't that she will be lying on the stand but that she will be testifying to something JA told her...and that was when JA was lying to her.

They've lost FIVE peeps before Nurmi I think. Maybe their conscious was bothering them?

Additionally, ethical and just didn't want to deal with Jodi, whom seems to have become an attorney with her G.E.D. *shakes head*

Thank you.. Sounds like, outside the normal course legal wrangling, etc, she was very difficult to deal with as a client!!! I can just imagine what Travis went through as the "so-called g/f"!!!

JMHO

Did Jodi see more of the evidence than defendants usually do because for a time she was acting as her own attorney? I can imagine her constantly correcting her attornies about the evidence or offering an unending flow of strategies based on the evidence she'd pored over for months/years.

I think Arias told LaViolette in the original accusation, that Travis was pleasuring himself to images on the computer. Then the information came out that there was no *advertiser censored* of any kind on Travis' computer.
She put LaViolette in quite the spot, and I don't know how LaViolette ended up testifying, but this is the same hearing that MM come into play.

At the point where Mr Martinez was asking the shrink about his definition of compassion, i was waiting for Mr Martinez say "how about compassion for the true victim in this heinous murder"...

Hi everyone! :seeya:

Obviously I can't catch up as I've been off since last night.

Just wondering what came of JA passing notes to her mom. Do we know what the punishment was? Was the mitigation lady reprimanded and if so, how? TIA!

I would really like to believe that JA shot him first and he was incapacitated and did not suffer. However, I think this is very unlikely for a number of reasons:

1. Lack of internal blood in the cranium and facial area as a result of the gunshot wound, which suggests he was dead or close to dead when the shot was fired.

2. The bullet casing landing apparently undisturbed in a pool of blood.

3. Defensive wounds on Travis' hands. Medical Examiner said the gunshot wound probably would have knocked him unconscious immediately.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY - It matches the pathological liar's version of events regarding his death

Not to mention that JA wouldn't have dragged Travis all over the bathroom and down the hall to slit his throat and then drag him back down to the bathroom. He obviously struggled and crawled his way down that hallway.

Did Jodi see more of the evidence than defendants usually do because for a time she was acting as her own attorney? I can imagine her constantly correcting her attornies about the evidence or offering an unending flow of strategies based on the evidence she'd pored over for months/years.

Defendants can view the evidence through discovery. Now how much they can carry it all over to the jail is another question.

JMHO

Do any of you receive notifications from the AZ Public Notification Website regarding this case? If so, did you receive this notification:

Case Numer S-0700-CR-2008031021
Stat of AZ v. Jodi Arias on 3/22/2013
Event(s) --> Charge(s).

This was posted by someone on the State vs. Jodi Arias Facebook page. I went to the Court site, but could not find it, but I believe they are 24 hours behind posting to the websites.

Any idea what this is about? TIA

I don't feel sorry for Dos Samuels at all.

He clearly was not prepared and did he think Juan is an idiot?

His CV also says he's training to treat sexual abusers.

What is with this DT? Nurmi defends pedos, Samuels treats pedos?

I don't care for Nurmi or Samuels at all.

However, someone has to defend people that are accused of rape or pedophilia. Otherwise, people like Travis would be assumed to be guilty of what the killer accused him of, and we all know that's a lie.

The problem is that Nurmi and Samuels are defending the cold-blooded murderer that is making these false accusations.

Just MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members