long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did this a couple of times while testifying as well. Very strange indeed.

moo

"I loved him and I still love him".

Says it all. Ownership. Travis was HERS. She was the last person to be with him and have sex with him to seal the bond of the relationship on this earth because she "loved" him, and then she killed him so no one else could have him. He is still hers in her mind. I think it was all a planned out ritualistic type of killing.

If the pictures were not there, it would be easier to build a defense. They could cling to the Some OTher Dude Did It Defense. Her word against theirs. An intruder came in and killed TA.

Thank you Katy. That was my point "the photos were her undoing" but it got somewhat smothered by ardent forensic peeps.

(I'd be interested to hear what you think of my point a little earlier in the thread about the timeline between JA leaving Mesa and pinging the tower near Hoover Dam.)

Thank you for posting that link! That article was bang on. My favorite quote:

"The odds of her suffering amnesia after a traumatic event: 3-8 out of 100,000. The odds of her being struck by lightning in her life: 1 out of 5000. Perhaps Dr. Samuels should have said aloud, that which was stated in the text of the slide, Jodi Arias is many times more likely to be struck by lightning, than to have amnesia.”

Things that make me smile this weekend: knowing the jury is not sequestered and that while they are out picking up milk they may see that magazine cover of Jodi looking like a psycho killer.

And thinking of how much she was obsessed with Myspace knowing that Myspace is now irrelevant.

It's the little things....

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I sure hope they do not see the magazine, as that could lead to a mistrial. I would hate for the poor family and Mr Martinez to have to do this again.

Yeah -- Travis Victor Alexander and Victor Arias

Truly can't make it up.

Or did she?

Have her parents ever been asked about her stay in Costa Rico? Was this a school sponsored exchange? IIRC remember that Jodi said his parents were trying to hide him from her? after she'd been there a few weeks?

Says it all. Ownership. Travis was HERS. She was the last person to be with him and have sex with him to seal the bond of the relationship on this earth because she "loved" him, and then she killed him so no one else could have him. He is still hers in her mind. I think it was all a planned out ritualistic type of killing.

Exactly. And as the one who took his life, who will be convicted and sent to prison and possibly death row, she is forever "bonded" with Travis. In her own morbid way she will own him forever.

MOO

There is a Victor Arias that is a photographer....

Photography | Victor Arias Photography
victorariasblog.com/category/photography/
Victor Arias Photography logo ... Alexandra · A Trip Down Memory Lane & CAP 2012. © 2013 Victor Arias Photography | ProPhoto Blogsite by NetRivet, Inc.

and this Victor Arias is a skater dude.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=1p3iY2Uxcs0qdEPXXvzIvQ&bvm=bv.44158598,d.b2I

not saying these are the one Jodi spoke about, there are several others.

Her Victor Arias is in Costa Rica apparently

Exactly. And as the one who took his life, who will be convicted and sent to prison and possibly death row, she is forever "bonded" with Travis. In her own morbid way she will own him forever.

MOO

Yes. She won in her mind. She may re think that after sitting in prison for a few years tho.. I believe her when she says she would rather get the DP than spend her life in prison. Maybe she thinks she can join Travis on the other side.

How long do you expect the jury to deliberate the verdict and the sentence of JA?

I say 18-20 hours of actual deliberation. But ask me again after rebuttal!!!!

Let's see....she sliced his throat, stabbed him repeatedly, and then proceeded to shoot him in the face. This freak loved no one but HERSELF.

Jodi claims he body slammed her when she dropped the camera.

Jodi claims he did the linebacker lunge towards her when she'd gotten the gun from the closet, went back into the bathroom, and pointed it at him. He lunged, she shot him.

So when did this lunge get re-grouped? First Jodi said Travis lunged at her and scared her. Then, she said he body-slammed her from dropping the camera. Is that the shot that was taken 3 feet from the floor towards the ceiling?

Lying psychopaths cannot keep their lies straight, even well planned murders don't go according to plans. The police and DAs have seen their kind before, learned from all their mistakes and lies. Jodi's extreme narcissism is going to bottom out on death row when that attention goes away, county jail is probably like a college dorm to this whack-job.

Indeed, my fave was 3-8 people out of 100,000 is 3-8%, :slap:

After looking up Transient Global Amnesia, I was amazed Dr. Samuels even tried to sell that mare with a straight face. It generally affects--get this--50 to 80 year old men. They don't even know who they are or where they are, and once told, keep forgetting. :what:

"Transient global amnesia (TGA) is a sudden onset of memory disorder or amnesia forgetfulness of events. When this condition comes on the person cannot remember anything in the past or present, the person may have repeated questions like,

1) Who am I?

2) Where am I?

Once the answer is told they still keep forgetting.
This may last a few minutes to hours which is common but rare people may have repeated episodes. The best treatment is rest if any curry powder, omega-3 or sedative is available that will do the job and the person will wake up fine the next morning.

These questions are repeated almost continuously in some patients. Others may suddenly become quiet.

The condition can last a few hours or a few days and may wax and wane and will slowly improve. It may come in attacks for a few days but will eventually stop.

Textbooks describe this sudden, temporary disturbance in an otherwise healthy person's memory. The other main kinds of amnesia are called anterograde and retrograde amnesia. Anterograde amnesia is a type of memory loss associated with a trauma, disease, or emotional events. It is characterized by the inability to remember new information. Retrograde amnesia is associated with the loss of distant memories usually preceding a given trauma. [snip]

In transient global amnesia, during the period of amnesia, people suffering from the disorder cannot remember recent occurrences nor can they retain any new visual or verbal information for more than a couple minutes. Though patients may or may not remember their own identities, they are often confused by their surroundings and the people around them. They continuously ask questions about events that are transpiring, for example where they are, who is with them, what is happening. However, once they are told, they immediately forget the answer, and repeat the question again.

The period of amnesia can last anywhere from one to twenty-four hours. Some people suffer from a headache, dizziness, and nausea while others have only memory loss. TGA generally affects fifty to eighty-year-old men, about 3.4 to 5.2 people per 100,000 per year. People afflicted with transient global amnesia always recover and can remember the memories that were lost during the episode. (Once they regain their memory, some people, can recall both the episode and the feeling of not being able to remember. However, others never recover the memories of the attack nor the events immediately before."

It would be funny if it weren't so pitiful. :banghead:

I don't know if this article has been posted but I read it before work this morning and liked how the writer ripped in to RS. Right out of the gate "In the Jodi Arias trial, the so-called ‘expert witness’, Dr. Richard Samuels...." it starts and gets better as he goes. Well done Mr Mountjoy.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes....di-arias-case-juris-imprudence/#ixzz2OPCe4Ybw
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Was this written on another THREAD........or "another" WEBSITE?????? Cause I have kept up pretty well and have not seen it on Websleuths. Just sayin'.

To wit:

Here's what I think happened (based on the photos)

Warning: I believe this was Manslaughter

1) Jodi was photographing Travis in the Shower, dropped the camera or did something that made him really angry (or perhaps he did something that made her really angry).

2) Jodi reacted and grabbed the knife that was in the bathroom (used to cut the tie-ups).

3) She began to stab him, they struggled (the defensive wounds come in here), the knife slipped.

4) She ran for the bedroom with a very angry-looking (but likely in-shock) Travis chasing after her (the massive amount of blood in the hallway happens here).

5) She grabbed the gun and pointed it at him (and I believe it was in place, not brought by Jodi - there are too many .25 calibre guns in Arizona to force the "stolen" theory).

6) He ran back to the bathroom to escape - and to retrieve the knife (again trailing large amounts of blood).

7) She chased him with the gun (leaving a hand print on the blood in the wall).

8) They faced off in the bathroom - with a rapid sequence of events - her wresting the knife, continuing to stab him while he reached for the gun.

9) After multiple stab wounds his strength depleted. He was unable to either reach or maintain a grip on the gun (he was wet and bloody after all).

10) She slit his throat, but he continued to move, so she grabbed the gun and shot him.

The camera's final shot was on an angle. I think that one of the photos went off as a result of the struggle - and the last one went off when Jodi (for whatever reason) picked up the camera as Travis was in the shower.

...but that, of course, is the way it looks to me (and conceeding that without more info - we'll likely never know what happened).

I do believe that she doesn't remember everything that happened, but that she's not being totally honest about how it started.

Yes. She won in her mind. She may re think that after sitting in prison for a few years tho.. I believe her when she says she would rather get the DP than spend her life in prison. Maybe she thinks she can join Travis on the other side.

Seriously that may be just what she wants. However, I do NOT believe she will ever be reunited with Travis........

MOO

Google Directions advises that the drive time from Mesa to the Hoover Dam by Route 93 (most direct) is four hours and thirty-four minutes.

The first cell phone ping on the evening of June 4th was 11:37 PM, twenty-seven miles south of the Nevada border, and the final photo was timed at 17:33:32. Subtracting the drive time, she had a good hour and a half spare. It would take mere minutes to wash the body in the shower, delete pictures and stuff the camera and towels in the washer, clean herself as necessary and be on the road.

I believe there was ample time for her to select a spot en route to dispose of the gun, knife, car mats and any other evidence somewhere along Route 93 under cover of darkness - well before the Hoover Dam checkpoint. Google Street View shows the road to be perfectly desolate.

Entirely possible, although IMO she took a different route ( up I-17 to Flagstaff, west on I-40 to Kingman, and then 93N to the Hoover Dam). Her cell pings were recorded 57 miles north of Kingman, so fairly close to Dolan Springs AZ.

Using the route above, drive time via MapQuest from Mesa to Dolan Springs AZ is about 5h 15m. MapQuest tends to be a bit conservative and traffic would have diminished as she progressed northward. If she left Travis' house before Enrique was scheduled to get home around 6, that would put Arias in Dolan Springs at approximately 11:10 PM. I believe the 1st phone call was made at 11:37 PM, giving her ample time to ditch the murder weapons (although I believe everything was tossed into a dumpster).

I sure hope they do not see the magazine, as that could lead to a mistrial. I would hate for the poor family and Mr Martinez to have to do this again.

I doubt there would be a mistrial over a magazine cover being seen. If so, they should have sequestered the jury. Not suggesting I'd want them to buy and read the article, just see it sitting there as they pay for milk...

Watching "Blue Eyed Butcher" on Lifetime. WOW, her story is the same as JA's...can't remember killing him, didn't call 911, battered wife syndrome, etc. The movie came out in 2012.....if it had been earlier (before Travis was killed), I would have thought JA was copying the movie.

Have her parents ever been asked about her stay in Costa Rico? Was this a school sponsored exchange? IIRC remember that Jodi said his parents were trying to hide him from her? after she'd been there a few weeks?

She claimed it was foreign exchange; therefore, probably not.

I don't know whether they've ever been asked about Costa Rica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms