long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly why I am hoping none of them MUST report to work on "off" days. It is bad enough they can't discuss anything with family, let alone having co-workers know what case they are deciding and ultimately know the verdict.

:(

MOO

If one were to attend trial, one would see the jury. What's to prevent someone who knows one of the jury to attend trial? How does that work? How are they protected from being ascertained as a person on the jury?

Just curious.

I figure she took it also just wondering did she throw it away or did she hide it somewhere and wear it to places where people didn't know her. Did she have it on her finger the night Travis died and he broke her finger trying to get if off?

I will agree she probably took the ring, however, I do not believe that is how her finger was injured. Most likely, since she is left handed, it came during stabbing him 29 times, from her hand slipping on the knife. We don't know what the original injury was like, for example, it could have been a severe laceration to the joint which was not treated (for obvious reasons) and didn't heal properly, or the finger was bent back while sticking the knife into Travis' body.

MOO

I haven't heard anybody talking about it unless I bring it up. fwiw

eta: I also haven't seen the newtimes anywhere I've been even though I've looked after that cover story.

That's good it seems the town is trying to help these jurors during probably one of the hardest times of their lives. I bet they can't wait until they hear ladies and gentlemen it's time to go back to the jury room and start you deliberations.

If one were to attend trial, one would see the jury. What's to prevent someone who knows one of the jury to attend trial? How does that work? How are they protected from being ascertained as a person on the jury?

Just curious.

Good question.

My thoughts regarding their work are mainly due to having worked for small companies, and imagining how to deal with "curious minds want to know" co-workers and/or boss other than the obvious "I can't discuss the case". In such a serious matter as these people are dealing with I just hope they're able to spend their off-time at home or at leisure, without any pressure beyond what they already have in the courtroom.

:)

MOO

and near the end of the first unedited video she asked if Travis was happy to see her or if he seemed happy?

She cannot answer. This makes no sense, if the truthful answer was yes, he was happy to see me (no matter how it ended) there is no reason not to just say it.

Hopefully the Jury will push aside the scandalous stories, the nude photos, the KY education and focus on the only facts that are important...

She was jealous/mad/and stalking him through various means, she got a gun and knife, she planned this out, drove to his house unexpected. She murdered the man. Caught him totally off guard which is the only way she could over power him.

I don't care what he said on tape, I don't care what magazines he enjoyed in life, or what color socks he preferred. He was murdered without provocation. I don't care if he was a player, if he could not commit, if he didn't know what he wanted in life...we don't kill people for that even if that was true. She drove 1280 miles to do it. She was not in danger, not in any way shape or form. The only thing she was in danger from was all her filled gas cans should she crash the rental on the way...

That's good it seems the town is trying to help these jurors during probably one of the hardest times of their lives. I bet they can't wait until they hear ladies and gentlemen it's time to go back to the jury room and start you deliberations.

Honestly, I think it's just not that much on anyone's radar. There was a VERY long period between the arrest and the trial. That may have something to do with it. I don't watch the tv news, but it's not getting any play on the radio. A brief mention in the top of the hour reports. Idk, maybe it's getting more attention in Mesa since there's a much bigger lds population there, but my non-lds friends in Mesa don't know much about it and my lds friends outside of Mesa haven't been talking about it at all.

The last video I watched was the one with the female detective. What a change in Jodi's demeanor, due in part imo to her now being in jail garb she describes as "a big ole orange sack" iirc. She traded in the orange sack for a more form-fitting grayish black and white striped outfit in the Maricopa Co. jail. She wore a pink long-sleeved shirt under the striped top in one pic of her singing, but those days are coming to an end.

Here's what she'll be wearing in Perryville Prison:

http://previews.agefotostock.com/pr...2a641b2074d19cf9b11c794e958fd6/A18-882471.jpg

Orange again. Hopefully, every day for the rest of her life.

I figure she took it also just wondering did she throw it away or did she hide it somewhere and wear it to places where people didn't know her. Did she have it on her finger the night Travis died and he broke her finger trying to get if off?

Wow! Good one!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

yes, they both have an exceptional way of questioning a suspect!

Definitely!

I have seen interrogation tapes from other cases and damn! Some detectives sound so scary.

And she behaves completely different with Flores. She behaves more like a victim with the female detective...

Arias - always the deceiver. :twocents:

I will agree she probably took the ring, however, I do not believe that is how her finger was injured. Most likely, since she is left handed, it came during stabbing him 29 times, from her hand slipping on the knife. We don't know what the original injury was like, for example, it could have been a severe laceration to the joint which was not treated (for obvious reasons) and didn't heal properly, or the finger was bent back while sticking the knife into Travis' body.

MOO

I don't know how she didn't almost cut her finger off, with the amount of pressure she must have had to use to not only cut him 29 times but that cut to the throat had to have taken an incredible amount of strength. I just cut three of the tips of my fingers on a can. It's been a week and they are still healing. I wonder how she hid this because I have to wear bandages or anything sharp that I touch seems to go right into the cuts. My cuts still bleed. I am also still finding blood droplets. I forget did anyone see her with a bandage on that finger? There should be a scar on the finger.

According to AZCentral.com, the emails allegedly include “A response from Mr. Hughes … wherein he asserts that he believes Jodi would be his (Travis’) next victim and that Jodi was just another girl that he (Travis) was playing.”

There is also a response from Travis where he allegedly replied by writing: “I am a bit of a sociopath.”
found this on radaronline. :banghead:

Is the entire pleading available anywhere?

I'm not sure where I should post this, but here goes.

The world now knows every intimate detail of JA and TA's sex life ad naseum. I am beginning to doubt that TA and JA ever had vaginal sex. With all the details revealed (texts, photos, testimony, emails, voicemails, etc.), not one word has been mentioned about fear of pregnancy and birth control. TA was not a stupid man. I don't believe he would risk pregnancy with someone he had no intention of marrying. Also, would he really leave protection/prevention up to JA? JA didn't even have enough resources to buy food and pay rent. If photos included KY, wouldn't you think a condom would show up at some time. My impression now is that it was only oral and anal on purpose, and not because TA said it was OK with the Morman church, but because he didn't trust JA and want the risk of an unwanted pregnancy.

Maybe. I'm not sure; I think they may have infrequently had vaginal intercourse...But I now, am starting to backtrack and no longer believe that they were bunny-sexing all over the place. Sure, they had sex and without a doubt they were playing out some of these "fantasies". She makes it sound like this was a daily occurrence. Most of the time, she was thousands of miles away!

moo

I hope he keeps it very simple on closing... Love, Break Up, Murder, Jail...and don't do 3 days of going over everything again

timeline.jpg

On the last interrogation tape with the lady detective that David Lohr posted, Jodi tells the truth about Ehrenberg--she and Travis were going there to rent a motel room and "make out all weekend." She also relates the story about the homeless woman at the side of the highway & Travis buys her Wendy's.

NOT quite the rape scenario she now contends. :furious:

I pray that the jury is going to have these tapes during deliberations! She gives little clues about things in between sulking, crying and singing.

The awesome David Lohr is uploading new videos!

[video=youtube;7XN5fpDH2p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XN5fpDH2p4[/video]

I really really wish the jury could see ALL of the unedited versions. Just how did the defense manage to keep these out of court?

Lordy!

Mel

Can you please point me in the direction on where to see them?

David Lohr on You Tube has uploaded all the unedited police interrogation videos. Here's video 14 -- but you can backtrack.

[video=youtube;7XN5fpDH2p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XN5fpDH2p4[/video]

Best,

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads