long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be right that she was trying to turn him around, because the very light triangular shape in the top right of that photo corresponds to his bathroom linen closet door being open, which puts him in the wrong direction to being pulled toward the shower. I have yet to see a photo of his bedroom that has anything corresponding to that very light area at the top right of the photo.

Still haven't found which hallway tile square has the very distinctive vein in the tile underneath her foot shadow. If we can find that, we'll know exactly where she was standing when that photo was snapped.

Wow!! Great sleuthing!
Find it!

I'm still going with the most obvious that the gunshot was last. The pristine bullet on top of that blood.

I'm totally convinced now that the gun shot was last.

I don't buy the 'Jodi said it in version #2 so it must be true in some way'. She's a psychopath. She will lie to suit herself (stabbing first is way more vicious) and to toy with others.

I think that she's dealt with sooo many victims all these years that she's incapable of questioning whether or not any of those people could be lying about it. If they say they were physically abused, she's going to believe it. I've seen the same thing with rape survivor workers... they deal with the trauma of survivors so much that they just can't believe that any of them would lie about it.
I'm sorry but I must respectfully disagree. Victims advocates understand that lying is a survival strategy. In one District Attorney's Victim Witness Program, the E.D. has a sign above her desk that says, "But wait . . . There's more. :floorlaugh:
It takes patience and understanding to work in these programs, but not a complete loss of judgment.

Am I wrong in thinking that there could also be the option for Felony Murder?
Sorry if this is a stupid question ...

I think that falls under 1st degree in trying to determine what's eligible for DP. I was trying to be as general as possible. There are also some variations on manslaughter or homicide I believe - negligent, vehicular, intoxication, ...

I don't buy the 'Jodi said it in version #2 so it must be true in some way'. She's a psychopath. She will lie to suit herself (stabbing first is way more vicious) and to toy with others.
Jodi and the DT relied on Dt. Flores statement that the gun shot was first. She couldn't see the crime scene photos so she concocted her story around what she thought was the Prosecution's evidence. When the M.E. said it was his opinion the stab to the chest and throat slashing was the cause of death, she was left on the trapeze without a net - and NO TRAPEZE either. :)

Thanks for the video Steely -- but I don't get it. I can't see how this proves that she could not have used the gun first. Her story was that she dropped the camera, he slammed her, she went and got the gun, threatened him, shot him, etc. ITA on the timeframe being a problem, but I can't see what I missed in this video as to your theory. I mean, the fact that she said she didn't have the camera when she shot him? That's entirely consistent with her story; it had fallen on the ground according to her.

Help me understand what you are seeing here.

Wow! I see it! This just goes to show how INTELLIGENT JM is! :what:

I might be a little dense...but the way I see it, if I as a juror was uncertain about the premeditation (which I myself am not) ...then the felony murder as Juan explained it is a no-brainer....She should get the needle either way...
That is the State's plan.

This murder occurred in less than 62 seconds, inside an enclosed house on a 94 degree day. TA's master suite was closed and locked. The neighbors' houses were undoubtedly closed as well.

I believe she may also have used a pillow/folded towel to help silence the small gun. This would explain the lack of stippling even at very close range.

I would have been more surprised if anyone outside that house heard anything at all, unless it was TA's loud and panicked yelling and groaning which ended the moment she slit his throat.

Again, it was not a matter of hours or minutes. The lying torture-murderess slaughtered him in seconds.
By June the temperatures here are routinely over 100. Open windows are pretty much unheard of, and the newer homes are insulated to the max. My neighbors could have a jam session with Alice Cooper over there and I wouldn't know it. Wait a minute, I think they have! ;)

Yeah. MM.. hhhmmm. Well, I've posted this before and will repeat it again. Somehow, this person seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. He's untraceable on the internet and hasn't been heard from since he posted on the "innocent" website in January of 2013. JM mentions something to JA about what "he" says in 2013 as a possible betrayal. I keep joking that he's in the witness protection programme because I think it is very, very difficult today for someone to virtually "disappear" as this person has done. Supposedly, he's not testifying.

IMO - He did something against the law and he's living the results. I'm not sure that he'll show up in court but we'll most likely learn more about him later. Either way, he's shaking in his boots somewhere now.

moo

I think MM stole the gun at Grandpa's house at Jodi's request. I also think he's the one who broke into and stole the laptop from the State's upcoming expert witness who also evaluated Jodi..

Wow! I see it! This just goes to show how INTELLIGENT JM is! :what:

Are you implying that I am not intelligent enough to grasp this? I would think that would be fairly presumptious, given that you know nothing about me.

I also believe the gunshot was last (which we will probably never really Know) but I tend not to take anything JA says to be the truth. I think that she had a long time to come up with her story. She was taking Flores comments about TA being shot first and spinning her story before she even admitted to the Ninja story. She was sitting in the interrogation room "listening". I read also on the Lawyer thread that they believe that the DT were probably sure that is the sequence of events that the ME and JM were going to present when it went to trial. So even when JA finally changed her story again to self defense she kept the shot first story. JMO

Have you all seen this?

Forget what the YT writes (in red) because unless I'm reading it wrong, he is missing the point.

The point of this IS is, Jodi admits that the bloody image of Travis on the ground (with her foot in the photo) was BEFORE she shot him!!!!
What the hell????? Did Juan miss this too????

So if he's bloody BEFORE she shot him then, it wasn't self defense. She butchered him with the knife first!

Take a listen and disregard the visual wording.

Jodi Arias - There is no way she shot Travis first - YouTube

He's talking about the 5:31:14 photo. She admits that photo was before she shot him.

By June the temperatures here are routinely over 100. Open windows are pretty much unheard of, and the newer homes are insulated to the max. My neighbors could have a jam session with Alice Cooper over there and I wouldn't know it. Wait a minute, I think they have! ;)

I think it must have to do with the builder. Lots of newer homes in my area are pure crap since they were thrown up during the RE boom as quickly and cheaply as possible. I can literally hear my neighbor's alarm clock. Not to mention that freaking bird that goes hooooo hoo hoo over and over again at precise 10 second increments from the first speck of sunlight until I get out of bed :furious:

If you live close enough to Alice Cooper to not hear his jam sessions, though, your house is probably much better insulated than mine is ;)

Ok here's the new version of the video;

Due to the rule about not showing crime scene photos on the site I have made a link to the video instead. Please like it if you would. TIA

I'm not sure, but I think the bigger deal is this: JM says, "This needed to have happened before you shot him, right?" He's referring to the "foot" photo with blood pouring down TA's shoulder and back. So he's saying that everything that happened between those two accidental photos (everything that happened during those 62 seconds) happened BEFORE SHE SHOT HIM.

JA says, "That's correct."

There's TA on his back with blood pouring off of him and she admits that she hasn't shot him yet. Where did all that blood come from, then?

Am I getting this wrong?

Jodi and the DT relied on Dt. Flores statement that the gun shot was first. She couldn't see the crime scene photos so she concocted her story around what she thought was the Prosecution's evidence. When the M.E. said it was his opinion the stab to the chest and throat slashing was the cause of death, she was left on the trapeze without a net - and NO TRAPEZE either. :)

Exactly what I think....sorry didn't read your answer before I posted mine but this is what I believe also.:clap:

I'm not sure, but I think the bigger deal is this: JM says, "This needed to have happened before you shot him, right?" He's referring to the "foot" photo with blood pouring down TA's shoulder and back. So he's saying that everything that happened between those two accidental photos (everything that happened during those 62 seconds) happened BEFORE SHE SHOT HIM.

JA says, "That's correct."

There's TA on his back with blood pouring off of him and she admits that she hasn't shot him yet. Where did all that blood come from, then?

Am I getting this wrong?

I now see I am not the first to arrive at this conclusion!:facepalm:

Tanya Young has changed the title of the article. In the comment section she claims the title was a misprint. It now reads:
Survey: Results Suggest Acquittal Nor Death Likely in Jodi Arias Murder Trial

I'm sure it was a misprint because not a single word in her article supported that headline. All it took was for someone to misread/mistype a single letter of a single word in order to completely throw off the meaning. Tanya has been convinced all along that JA is guilty and her poll reflects that most people carefully following the case do as well.

As to the gunshot being last, thanks to the poster who pointed out all the eerie parallels between the movie Taxi Driver and Travis' slaying. Not only do they share the names Travis, Iris, and Jodie, but water has meaning in the plot, as do guns. From SparkNotes/Taxi Driver/Themes http://www.sparknotes.com/film/taxidriver/themes.html:

"Water

Travis hates the filth of New York City in the summer, and he wishes for a great rain to wash it all away. His definition of filth includes not only the smell of the city or the garbage, but also the people who live in the city, including the black people in Harlem and the prostitutes and hippies in Times Square. In one of his first diary entries, Travis expresses gratitude for a rain that has left the city slightly cleaner than before, but he adds that someday a "real" rain will fall to clean up the city. By this Travis is imagining an apocalyptic flood, one that will separate the people he thinks should be redeemed from those who are not worthy or clean enough. Water takes on the qualities of a redemptive, baptizing force when Travis gives a ride to a prostitute and a john and goes out of his way to drive his cab through an open fire hydrant. He bathes the exterior and interior of his car, both of which have been corrupted by the passengers.

"Guns

"A common lesson for young screenwriters is that a gun that appears in the first scene of a movie must go off before the credits roll. Taxi Driver mocks this axiom by giving its hero, Travis, four guns and a knife. The film is full of guns.
Travis views them with a certain reverence, and the first and last shots of the .44 Magnum are slow close-ups panning from the handle to the barrel. Guns take on a powerful significance in Travis's emotional life. He buys his guns only after having been rejected by Betsy, and in a way they help him to be potent after his failure at courting her.

"Fake guns have significance as well. Travis and other male characters frequently use hand motions to simulate shooting. The hand has the power to insult and offend, but no power to do any physical harm. Charlie T is the first person to make this hand gesture at Travis, accompanied by a verbal shooting noise, even before Travis buys his guns. Later, Sport makes the same motion when Travis visits Iris. These men mock Travis when they pretend to shoot him, and he is put off by their gestures. After the final shootout, when Travis has no bullets left and the police arrive, Travis puts his hand to his head and pretends to shoot himself. In his maniacal state, he seems to believe this gesture will actually work."

Being a fan of old movies, Jodi would of course be familar with Psycho's chilling shower scene. A British actress by the name of Megan* Coxx starred in an independent movie version of Psycho. http://xhamster.com/movies/1146750/megan_coxxx_psycho_sex_scene.html

*One of the names Jodi claims Travis liked for a daughter.

Thanks to David Lohr for not only uploading all the videos without sidebars, but for increasing the volume. Other uploaders appear not to know how to increase the volume. (It's a simple matter of making multiple copies of the audio and pasting them under the original audio in iMovie or other movie program.) David was also instrumental in getting the Riverside court to clear Travis' name from the previous record of 'conviction.'

JC on HLN now covering her butt on the stand....haha

Had to add.....also making Nurmi look the fool.

I think it must have to do with the builder. Lots of newer homes in my area are pure crap since they were thrown up during the RE boom as quickly and cheaply as possible. I can literally hear my neighbor's alarm clock. Not to mention that freaking bird that goes hooooo hoo hoo over and over again at precise 10 second increments from the first speck of sunlight until I get out of bed :furious:

If you live close enough to Alice Cooper to not hear his jam sessions, though, your house is probably much better insulated than mine is ;)

I'm sorry Karmady, but your hoo hoo hoo bird story made me LOL.

I wake at 4 am. .no alarm needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member