Los Angeles fire worsens, 10,000 homes threatened

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
JBean how close to you is this fire?
The Station fire is North and moving east above LA in the Angeles crest forest and I live about 1 hour south of LA.

The San Juan Fire was put out before the day was over. It was on the Ortega Hwy in San Juan, but it was way back in the hills of the Ortegas on a very dangerous road that connects the inland empire in Riverside County to the beach cities in Orange county. So I was maybe 20 minutes from that one but, even though I live on the edge of the canyon it would most likely never get all the way to my house. I am surroundeed by hillside, but I am also next to the Dana Point Harbor so I have coastal weather conditions which helps a lot.

The yucaipa fire is over 1 1/2 hours from me at the base of the mountains in San Bernadino County.

California fire could put 'arsonist' on death row

Someone convicted of arson in California's massive Station wildfire, which has claimed the lives of two firefighters, could wind up on death row, officials warn.

"This is a homicide investigation and could result in murder charges depending on what the district attorney decides to file," Steve Whitmore, sheriff's department spokesman, told the Los Angeles Times, according to a story published on Saturday
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=105393&sectionid=3510203

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unl...life-waystation-pasadena-humane-wildfire.html
nother sanctuary, the Shambala preserve in Acton, opted to keep its resident big cats on the premises rather than move them unless the emergency became so dire as to make that impossible. "We've never had to [evacuate]," Shambala's founder, actress Tippi Hedren, told the Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'm knocking on wood right now. We've been through floods, fires, incredible things Mother Nature has the capability of handing us." Fortunately for Hedren and the animals she cares for, the wood-knocking paid off, and the sanctuary "is no longer threatened by the recent fire," according to a statement posted on Shambala's website.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unl...life-waystation-pasadena-humane-wildfire.html
nother sanctuary, the Shambala preserve in Acton, opted to keep its resident big cats on the premises rather than move them unless the emergency became so dire as to make that impossible. "We've never had to [evacuate]," Shambala's founder, actress Tippi Hedren, told the Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'm knocking on wood right now. We've been through floods, fires, incredible things Mother Nature has the capability of handing us." Fortunately for Hedren and the animals she cares for, the wood-knocking paid off, and the sanctuary "is no longer threatened by the recent fire," according to a statement posted on Shambala's website.
\
Beaner-- i pray you and your loved ones are safe from the fires?

I keep your picture perfect family picture on postcard on my fridge.. to remind me i have a dear friend . :blowkiss:

\
Beaner-- i pray you and your loved ones are safe from the fires?

I keep your picture perfect family picture on postcard on my fridge.. to remind me i have a dear friend . :blowkiss:

Oh Annie you are so sweet! We are not now nor were we ever in danger. I am a good distance from the fires and they are pretty well contained now anyway.

You do have a dear friend honey :blowkiss: especially now that you have called my family picture perfect LOL. heehee

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PattiCanCook
Back