NH NH - Louise Chaput, 52, stabbed to death on hiking trail, White Mountains, 15 Nov 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be interesting to know if there had been any complaints about the area, either before or shortly after the murder. Any reports of suspicious conduct or violent altercations, or sightings of anything suspicious. The area does seem to be quite isolated, though.

I just stumbled across this case today. So sad.

Here is an excellent video news report from this past December. It includes interviews with Louise's daughters and friends. It's very touching.

See new documentary focused on unsolved Appalachian Trail homicide: 'White Mountains Mystery: The Killing of Louise Chaput'

Apparently her husband provided his DNA, so it seems that he has been cleared. And it also seems much more likely that the killer is a stranger. They checked out a similar killing on the Appalachian Trail, but they found that killer and clearly he didn't do this particular crime.

It's been over 20 years. Hopefully the case is solved soon. I understand that they have DNA from the perpetrator so I presume this case would be a good candidate for genetic genealogy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back