Loved to Death

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Before I get into what you wrote Ravyn, I'd like to say to Super Dave,way to go, you reeled me back in with this topic because I had no idea what you meant at first. BTW great theory, and one, I would have a hard time disagreeing with.

That PR was a narcissist is obvious to me. One look at PR's Miss America contest photo, and it is also obvious her beauty never held a candle to that of her daughter's. Was there some aspect of PR's personality that hated the knowledge of that while also reveling in being the "stage mom" of a beauty queen? I think so. Jonbenet didn't create Jonbenet the beauty queen, but PR was certainly responsible for that, and it likely made her think more highly of herself, ie., "Jonbenet would be nothing without me." Hypothethical quote.

Like the Queen in "Snow White" when she found out she wasn't fairest in the land.

Now, what would a PR think if this little beauty queen she made, also drew the affections of her husband? Wouldn't that be a slap in the face? If PR also had some borderline tendencies, Jonbenet may have been a beauty queen PR doted on one minute, and thought of as a little trollup the next. A real love/hate set-up.

Exactly what I was wondering.

Ravyn, the staging was vital to the notoriety of the case, intending to cast Jonbenet as the tragic little beauty queen, cast PR into the limelight as the tragic, grieving, and beautiful mother, while at the same time recalling PR's time as a beauty queen herself. The paint brush goes back to the love/hate relationship, and the trollup aspect. PR likely blamed Jonbenet more than she blamed JR, seeing Jonbenet as the seducer rather than the victim. Jonbenet had to be as large in death as she was in life to make PR more important.

WOW. :clap: :clap:

Off Topic. Does anyone know if Walmart was selling night vision goggles in 1996?

But with PR's asking JR about any brusies on JonBenet's arms suggest that it was important for an open casket to play her part as a poor grieving Mom...For her,she wanting everyone to see JonBenet forever young and beautiful...Let's not forget she tried to look like Jackie O....

But with PR's asking JR about any brusies on JonBenet's arms suggest that it was important for an open casket to play her part as a poor grieving Mom...For her,she wanting everyone to see JonBenet forever young and beautiful...Let's not forget she tried to look like Jackie O....

Wonderful.

Like I said, Ravyn: isn't it convenient that all of JB's injuries were easily concealed by the undertaker?

Wonderful.

Like I said, Ravyn: isn't it convenient that all of JB's injuries were easily concealed by the undertaker?

I guess the ligature furrow and petechia were easily covered up with that Everlast funerary make-up. There was no head bash visible, no swelling, so Patsy could place that tiara on those perfect, dyed blonde curls. As far as I know, there was only a small shoulder bruise which a dress would have covered anyway, and some small abrasions on the back of her legs, which would not show in an open coffin. And let's not forget her father put a scarf around her neck, just in case anyone noticed the strangulation evidence.

Over on another thread, HOTYH suggested that such a bizarre crime could not have a common cause. Well, that's my point: PR wanted a bizarre crime scene because a common death would not have, A, given JB such a spectacular send-off; and B, would not have garnered so much attention. JB couldn't make her famous alive, but she sure did dead.

Incidentally, this is not a new idea. Some people just have trouble believing that spectacular people can die in mundane ways. One the best examples I can think of is Bruce Lee, the legendary actor/philosopher.

I started this thread and the ones titled "No Honor Among Thieves" and "Ask Super" in the hope of answering some of the questions that occasionally get asked, most notably the ones about "if it was an accident, why would they do all of this?"

Well, our new friend WHITEFANG probably hasn't read them yet.

If we agree on this, that mom and dad loved this little kid with all their hearts, and it seems as if we do, then her fear of incarceration is not top of the mind awareness.

The human instinct for survival is extremely powerful, WHITEFANG. I myself never cease to be amazed at what humans are capable of when they abandon dignity. But that's not even my argument. I'm suggesting that all of this was, in an extremely twisted way, an act of love.

Yet, I think it is safe to say that the death of our own six year old child would render us in such deep shock and emotional pain, plotting a cover-up to protect us from a jail sentence is inconceivable. I realize that some parents are capable of such depravity. I believe that America is haunted and fascinated by the news of such horrors. Many of us have become open to the myth, even persuaded, that these kinds of behaviors are not that uncommon anymore. With a population of 300,000,000 people, the tiniest fraction of these unspeakable evils, plastered across our media, insidiously form the perception they occur frequently. They don't.

Oh, so it's all the media's fault? Like I haven't heard that one before.

Additionally, upon close inspection, tell-tale signs litter the family's landscape. They are conspicuously conspicuously absent here.

You might get some argument there. Mostly from me.

True, a dog's death will not send you to jail. I mention it is as hyperbole. I cannot visualize Patsy doing something so sick, even to a dog, you know?

I'm sorry, but I have a BIG problem with comparing something like this to killing a DOG. Probably comes from the time that JR himself made that comparison. That said, I think it's fine that you can't imagine PR doing this to a dog. Neither can I. I don't NEED to, because we're not talking about a dog. We're talking about a little girl who already had more pressure to succeed than most adults will ever face, all in the name of her mother's ego.

I guess the ligature furrow and petechia were easily covered up with that Everlast funerary make-up. There was no head bash visible, no swelling, so Patsy could place that tiara on those perfect, dyed blonde curls. As far as I know, there was only a small shoulder bruise which a dress would have covered anyway, and some small abrasions on the back of her legs, which would not show in an open coffin. And let's not forget her father put a scarf around her neck, just in case anyone noticed the strangulation evidence.

why this is perfectly logical and consistent with a person consumed with projecting an image of unmatched beauty and exquisite taste in the finer things of life. she considered carefully the best techniques to kill her daughter. shall i take a hammer and smash her skull into pieces? my, my, my. that would never do. how could she ever be presentable with the open-casket festivities I have been dreaming of lo this many days? well, what if i stabbed her through the heart? too much work to clean up that mess. and i need my beauty rest, too! hey, i could blow my little darling's brains out, shoot her with a bow and arrow, run her over in my car, throw her off a cliff, drown her, bury her alive, burn her in the fireplace (it has been chilly lately). Oh Patsy, you big boob! How can you think such silly thoughts? You need her to look sharp before you cover her with dirt, for ever, when you will see her for the last time.

Oh boy, oh boy. I think I've got it. Rat poison would be perfect! Shucks. That might make her face swell. And we worked so hard to keep her weight down. What if I strangled her? My god, Patsy, you are a genius. Let me go to the library and research that. Sure wouldn't want any unforeseen complications marring her extraordinary visage from choking the little rascal. But, I'm so busy and all. Oh damn you, you little brat. See how you've aged me with all this stress!

why this is perfectly logical and consistent with a person consumed with projecting an image of unmatched beauty and exquisite taste in the finer things of life. she considered carefully the best techniques to kill her daughter. shall i take a hammer and smash her skull into pieces? my, my, my. that would never do. how could she ever be presentable with the open-casket festivities I have been dreaming of lo this many days? well, what if i stabbed her through the heart? too much work to clean up that mess. and i need my beauty rest, too! hey, i could blow my little darling's brains out, shoot her with a bow and arrow, run her over in my car, throw her off a cliff, drown her, bury her alive, burn her in the fireplace (it has been chilly lately). Oh Patsy, you big boob! How can you think such silly thoughts? You need her to look sharp before you cover her with dirt, for ever, when you will see her for the last time.

Oh boy, oh boy. I think I've got it. Rat poison would be perfect! Shucks. That might make her face swell. And we worked so hard to keep her weight down. What if I strangled her? My god, Patsy, you are a genius. Let me go to the library and research that. Sure wouldn't want any unforeseen complications marring her extraordinary visage from choking the little rascal. But, I'm so busy and all. Oh damn you, you little brat. See how you've aged me with all this stress!

Stilleto through the ear, why didn't she think of that? Is there no lengths this woman will not go to dispose of this troublesome child and still appear sad but serene with a perfect tiny corpse to bury! I think I'm getting it now Whitefang....... Now, where to buy a stilleto.

"Jacqueline Kennedy influenced her husband to invite numerous artists in all disciplines to his 1961 inaugural ceremony as a symbol of the new Administration's intended support of the arts. Her appearance in a large pillbox hat for the swearing-in ceremony, however, eclipsed this news and began a popular millinery style." Was there a woman in the U.S. who didn't emulate Mrs. Kennedy?

Also, it is a well known fact that Americans spend only about 3 cents a year on beauty products. We prefer modesty and a plain, natural exterior (o.k. it's true, even a Homely appearance) rather than glamor.

"The human instinct for survival is extremely powerful" exceeded only by the love of a parent for his/her child. John was inconsolable when Beth was killed. Nothing eased his misery.

What on earth are you all going on about? discussing a "soft kill" or whatever. as IF JonBennet's death was something pre-planned? What? Mommy shoved her-HARD bashing her head in on whatever it came into contact with.....then staged a cover-up. She had the bashed-in head to work around.........what's with the speculation about killing her in a manor that didn't Mar her beauty??? I don't get it.

I think you got it. It makes no sense to be willing to murder your daughter and to carry it out within the ridiculous context that she should preserve her stellar appearance! Simply preposterous.

Super Dave, you of all people must know that fiber being "consistent with" and "matching" are two very different things. A bullet might be consistent with the one that inflicted a fatal wound, same caliber, same manufacturer, same lot, same style. This is not the same as "a match," a match to the exclusion of all others.

NOT FUNNY, Fang.

Stilleto through the ear, why didn't she think of that? Is there no lengths this woman will not go to dispose of this troublesome child and still appear sad but serene with a perfect tiny corpse to bury! I think I'm getting it now Whitefang.......

I'm positive you're not.

It makes no sense to be willing to murder your daughter and to carry it out within the ridiculous context that she should preserve her stellar appearance! Simply preposterous.

You're right about one thing: if it were a premeditated murder, I couldn't see it happening quite this way. I just don't think it was premeditated. Like I said at the beginning, you can look at this as a twisted act of love.

Moreover, it fits in perfectly with her actions before the media. Even Michael Kane said it: "Patsy loves being known as the mother of a dead beauty queen."

Super Dave, you of all people must know that fiber being "consistent with" and "matching" are two very different things.

You're quite right; I do know. In technical terms, they are different. But in practical terms (and I've asked), it's the same. If someone says consistent with, you're nicked. I actually go to great lengths to explain the fiber analysis process. It's not just a side-by-side microscopic comparison like most people think. It also involves chemical analysis, composition examination, even tracing the garment back to the manufacturer if possible. And that's BEFORE spectrographic analysis.

I think you got it. It makes no sense to be willing to murder your daughter and to carry it out within the ridiculous context that she should preserve her stellar appearance! Simply preposterous.

Super Dave, you of all people must know that fiber being "consistent with" and "matching" are two very different things. A bullet might be consistent with the one that inflicted a fatal wound, same caliber, same manufacturer, same lot, same style. This is not the same as "a match," a match to the exclusion of all others.

NO fiber will ever be described any way other than "consistent with". Dr. Henry Lee, when questioned about this case, explained it by saying that a garment may not be the only one in existence, but can be narrowed down greatly by things like dye lots, etc. You have to look at fibers (such as these) in how they relate to where they were found. In this case, a resident of the house where the victim was killed owned a jacket made of the same type of fiber found at the crime scene and also on the body, and the fiber was tested and found to be identical. If the perp had worn an identical jacket to squeeze in the window, we'd find fibers there. (they weren't).
On the other hand, a bullet can be matched perfectly to having been fired by a particular gun. That's why you can say it was a match. With the fibers, the best you can say is "identical to" or "consistent with". That's not just this case. That's any case where fiber analysis is done.

Kinda sick that you seem to relish thinking up the ways JB could have been sick, especially the stiletto part. Seems like you have a "wish list" of your own.

Stilleto through the ear, why didn't she think of that? Is there no lengths this woman will not go to dispose of this troublesome child and still appear sad but serene with a perfect tiny corpse to bury! I think I'm getting it now Whitefang....... Now, where to buy a stilleto.

And this isn't funny either.
Interesting point- NO RDI that I am aware of thinks the manner of JB's death is either amusing or fodder for sarcasm.
Yet with some IDI lately, they seem to take a perverse pleasure in describing imagined ways her death occurred.
This is pretty disgusting.

Patsy buried her daughter dressed like the pageant queen Patsy always wanted her to be. That was important to her. I am not saying this is wrong.
She supposedly said to BR, when he saw his sister in her coffin "She looks perfect, doesn't she?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back