LP Asks “Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey..

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, LP was trying to figure out if Lee and Casey HAVE basically the same characteristics in their DNA.

Brother and sister would have a speck here and there in their DNA to relate them to one another BUT unless they are twins, all DNA testing of Casey and Lee would show they are related.

In essence ... basic characteristics in DNA.

Ah OK thanks, and could he also be wondering (with his own DNA knowledge à la LP) if Lee's hair was found in the car?

LP is just trying to keep himself in the media if you ask me. He makes some pretty good points on the Zanny the Nanny and Juliet Lewis idea other than that I don't know if I believe it

This is really sick speculation and a really sick question for LP to ask, with absolutely no basis or merit whatsoever.

This case has enough real-life drama. We don't need to invent more.

I completely agree. It's one thing to speculate, but to make the insinuation to the media is just in bad taste. I'll be curious to see if he explains himself tonight on NG.

LOL, read mine, layman's cliffnotes verion :) Good job Waddles and welcome to WS- are you in Paris?

Yes I'm in Paris, in a dull pharmaceutical lab but I live in the very heart of the city and under the French system I get loads of time off to enjoy it :)
Whare are you?

Ah OK thanks, and could he also be wondering (with his own DNA knowledge à la LP) if Lee's hair was found in the car?

No clue what Padilla is thinking AND wish they taped that interview because there was either more before he made the statement or more after he made the statement.

Because the mitochondrial result of DNA will be identical between the Mother and Daughter; it does not factor the Father, it is a DNA extraction that does not use the male comparitive. Which btw, could also mean what I have said all along, that JO is the Daddy, and Caylee is with him.

sorry, I am admittedly confused....I thought JO was the one who "died on his way to Caylee's bday party", am I thinking of someone else? And you think this person is holding Caylee and letting Casey take the fall? Not trying to antagonize, just trying to understand your theory....thanks if you can clarify!!

I wish that I could remember more of what I used to know about DNA. For some reason I was under the impression that when they did the DNA they were only able to do mitochondrial (sp?) DNA, which would only match the mother and be an exact match.

I would love more clarification on if the DNA test was mitochondrial or the full DNA. And if Padilla just speculating, or knew this would rock everything because they told him that it was from a family member and if so, how do we know that it was Lee and not some sick uncle, or whatnot that hurt Casey. I don't know why I continue to give these people the benefit of the doubt but it is all just so bizarre.

See.. now why would cops tell Padilla any more than he would need to know as a bounty hunter? And even then, he doesn't need to know anything more than the person committed a crime. Period. Padilla is more than willing to get up on the national stage every night, get phone calls from strangers about the case, and so on. He is willing to talk. I highly doubt the cops would tell him ANYTHING that they want close to the vest. Just doesn't make sense. Frankly, if anything, I think he's just speculating.

When you purport yourself to be an insider I think you need to be responsible with your words.

Words carry more weight from people who are supposed to be "in the know". With that extra attention, IMO, comes additional responsibility to be fair and to have all the facts.

Insinuation and publically speculating about something as sensitive as family incest seems cruel to me if it isn't true. Wild rumors sometimes stick long after proof that they aren't fact.

IMO

No clue what Padilla is thinking AND wish they taped that interview because there was either more before he made the statement or more after he made the statement.

Ah yes of course, and he's probably infuriated at the snippet quoted, I get ya

I completely agree. It's one thing to speculate, but to make the insinuation to the media is just in bad taste. I'll be curious to see if he explains himself tonight on NG.

I'm sure he will be on there and NG will be on the attack. She will want to know where he is getting his information.

Yes I'm in Paris, in a dull pharmaceutical lab but I live in the very heart of the city and under the French system I get loads of time off to enjoy it :)
Whare are you?

LOL, your employer used to be a Client of mine, AND I was in your beautiful city in June. It was the most beautiful city with the most beautiful architecture I ahve ever seen- was not crazy about the Metro though. Stayed on the Champs close to the ARC

Here is a quick and dirty explanation of DNA and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Imagine in your mind a chicken egg – it has a yellow yolk and the clear white viscous albumin surrounding the yolk, and then there is the eggshell. Keep this image in mind for the future discussion. For human cells, the terms will be compared to the chicken egg like this: a) Chicken eggshell = human cell membrane – they serve the same purpose in both examples, i.e. the membrane (eggshell) holds the cell together. B) Chicken egg albumin = human cell cytoplasm. C) Chicken egg yolk = human cell nucleus. Here is what happens when a male sperm fertilizes an egg (ovum) from a woman. The fertilized egg at that point will have the male sperm DNA in the nucleus (egg yolk for the chicken egg analogy). The ONLY place in the cell that the father’s DNA can be found is in the nucleus. The Mother’s DNA will be in BOTH the nucleus AND the cytoplasm. The DNA in the cytoplasm is a special kind of DNA called Mitochondrial DNA that is ONLY found in the cytoplasm, and it is EXACTLY the same as the Mother’s DNA. Thus, Cindy’s mtDNA is the same as Casey’s mtDNA, and the same as Caylee’s mtDNA. The DNA in the nucleus of any cell from Caylee would be a blend of Casey and the father’s DNA. Mitochondrial DNA is what is being discussed by LE in this case because they obtained the mtDNA profile from the hair in the trunk. They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps.

See.. now why would cops tell Padilla any more than he would need to know as a bounty hunter?

There is usually some truth to rumors. All it takes is one cop, getting a coffee, using the bathroom, having a smoke.....to say just a little too much. People are people and sometimes things slip.

I think anything is possible and everyone here should have an open mind. This case is so crazy, seriously, ANYTHING could be possible.

sorry, I am admittedly confused....I thought JO was the one who "died on his way to Caylee's bday party", am I thinking of someone else? And you think this person is holding Caylee and letting Casey take the fall? Not trying to antagonize, just trying to understand your theory....thanks if you can clarify!!

in a parallel universe I think she means, both passed away

They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the explanation. Now yesterday I read on here that there were "possibly" bone fragments attached to the hair.....so then a full DNA test could be done, right?

There is usually some truth to rumors. All it takes is one cop, getting a coffee, using the bathroom, having a smoke.....to say just a little too much. People are people and sometimes things slip.

I think anything is possible and everyone here should have an open mind. This case is so crazy, seriously, ANYTHING could be possible.

Yes, and don't some BH actually have LE experience or frequent LE contacts
Would think they'd have some basic knowledge of crime and dna too

Here is a quick and dirty explanation of DNA and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Imagine in your mind a chicken egg – it has a yellow yolk and the clear white viscous albumin surrounding the yolk, and then there is the eggshell. Keep this image in mind for the future discussion. For human cells, the terms will be compared to the chicken egg like this: a) Chicken eggshell = human cell membrane – they serve the same purpose in both examples, i.e. the membrane (eggshell) holds the cell together. B) Chicken egg albumin = human cell cytoplasm. C) Chicken egg yolk = human cell nucleus. Here is what happens when a male sperm fertilizes an egg (ovum) from a woman. The fertilized egg at that point will have the male sperm DNA in the nucleus (egg yolk for the chicken egg analogy). The ONLY place in the cell that the father’s DNA can be found is in the nucleus. The Mother’s DNA will be in BOTH the nucleus AND the cytoplasm. The DNA in the cytoplasm is a special kind of DNA called Mitochondrial DNA that is ONLY found in the cytoplasm, and it is EXACTLY the same as the Mother’s DNA. Thus, Cindy’s mtDNA is the same as Casey’s mtDNA, and the same as Caylee’s mtDNA. The DNA in the nucleus of any cell from Caylee would be a blend of Casey and the father’s DNA. Mitochondrial DNA is what is being discussed by LE in this case because they obtained the mtDNA profile from the hair in the trunk. They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Biology class is slowly coming back to me now. Maybe I should have paid more attention. :D

From the article: he’s not keeping himself too far away from the case of the missing 3-year-old toddler

Isn't LP finished with this yet? What business does he still have hanging around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow