LP's Confidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see that at all as a "wild goose chase", but an HONEST effort to try to find her little body. He was the ONLY one who seemed to even be interested at the time, and he put HIS MONEY where his mouth was.

He was NOT taking a FREE PI's word that they were "seeing" her all the time and about to close in after her being moved 9 times.

He was NOT hiding anything, but trying to open up the media to ideas that others could search without TES or anyone else's approval.

He was doing it with the approval of LE or he could not have been in a public park in that area. He KNEW KC was there a lot and that was his best guess knowing how sloppy she would be getting rid of a body.

NO ONE even considered she would just go down the street and throw it out like garbage then go dancing. Even that was below what most people believed the devil's spawn would do.

The head of the FBI in his state said of LP that if he said something " YOU COULD TAKE IT TO THE BANK" on national TV. That speaks volumes.

When he got the word on the PI taping there he immediately called the FBI to get the film. He is a stand up guy and I am tired of hearing all this bashing of him when most except the Anthonys admire him. They are AFRAID of him and it appears with good reason now.

In my opinion The fact that "THE FBI" asked Leonard to take a Lie detector test speaks volumes.

As for LP being a stand up guy that is your opinion & I also disagree that "Most" admire him.

You certainly don't understand how the bonding business works. Yes, most likely there were bonding companies who could write the bond, but SOMEONE had to put up the $50,000. The Anthonys were in dire financial need. Their court testimony said they were about to lose their house in foreclosure and no one else would put up that kind of money. Someone did later I believe after some contracts were signed for the story.

It took two bonding companies to be able to post the bond. Neither of them had enough financial backing to make it alone and court would not accept either one of their bonds for the entire amount. LP put up the $50,000 cash bond to pay the "front money" on the bond.. NO......he did not get it back. That is how bonding companies make their money. Tony did not write the bond because they were not licensed in Florida - they used a combination of companies in Florida.

They had the money and financial bonding surety to write that size bond, but in order to do it, they had to apply for a Florida license, so they got the two companies to do it for them, but even with that they had to still financially guarantee the bond, because neither company had adequate financial resources that the court would accept.

What you posted is mis-information and needs to be corrected.[/QUOTE]

No, I am not. Your confused

The Padillas flew to Florida on Sunday to help Clearwater-based bondsman Albert Estes post the bond. They said they believe Anthony might be more likely to talk about her daughter's disappearance if released from jail.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406962,00.html

he has been talking to Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, about bailing his client out of jail. Leonard Padilla told Local 6 News that his nephew, Tony Padilla, a bail agent, traveling to Texas and made arrangements with a company to secure the entire $500,000 bond, since gone over to Al Estes Bail bonds in Clearwater, and since recinded and Casey Anthony went back to jail.

http://wwwwbipicomlink.blogspot.com/2008/09/leonard-padilla-larry-garrison-three.html

Tony DID NOT post the bond, but had two companies in Florida do it after he put up the $50,000 cash and the surety guarantee.

Yes Turbo....I know Tony didn't Post the bond

I know exactly how as you put it..."The Bonding System" works

Leonard Padilla put the 50k up to bail KC out on a 500k bond

Tony Padilla was the Bondsman on record therefore he gets the 50k minus his fees to the 2 other companies.

Also, are you sure that LP didn't back the entire 500k with his own assets?

I'm not sure,......This is a question

In my opinion The fact that "THE FBI" asked Leonard to take a Lie detector test speaks volumes.

As for LP being a stand up guy that is your opinion & I also disagree that "Most" admire him.

That is standard procedure if they thought he found any remains. They told him they would contact him when he got home "if they wanted it" and they never did after their investigation. That speaks volumes too.

Yes Turbo....I know Tony didn't Post the bond

I know exactly how as you put it..."The Bonding System" works

Leonard Padilla put the 50k up to bail KC out on a 500k bond

Tony Padilla was the Bondsman on record therefore he gets the 50k minus his fees to the 2 other companies.

Also, are you sure that LP didn't back the entire 500k with his own assets?

I'm not sure,......This is a question

Al Estes Bail bonds in Clearwater posted the bond with another company standing surety. Look it up.

The Padillas flew to Florida on Sunday to help Clearwater-based bondsman Albert Estes post the bond. They said they believe Anthony might be more likely to talk about her daughter's disappearance if released from jail.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406962,00.html

he has been talking to Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, about bailing his client out of jail. Leonard Padilla told Local 6 News that his nephew, Tony Padilla, a bail agent, traveling to Texas and made arrangements with a company to secure the entire $500,000 bond, since gone over to Al Estes Bail bonds in Clearwater, and since recinded and Casey Anthony went back to jail.

http://wwwwbipicomlink.blogspot.com/2008/09/leonard-padilla-larry-garrison-three.html

Turbo....Whats your point????

Wether you want to admit it or not the fact is that Tony Padilla is the person who made the commission on KC's bond.

He said so himself right here on Websleuths.

In fact I asked him if he had any intentions of returning the 50k to his uncle Leonard.

His response was...."No, that would be illegal"

You can talk all you want about the 2 other companies involved in insuring the bond.

That doesn't change the fact that TP made a profit of 50k minus his expenses which I'm sure included fees to the 2 insurance companies

I don't always agree with LP's tactics, the theories, or other things he says. I don't always agree with posters here either. LP does go out on a limb and people make the mistake of hanging on his words literally. Sometimes, he throws things in the mix to stir the pot which do sound ridiculous. Then later on...things come to light as to why or where he came up with those things and they do make sense. I have also seen him more than once apologize or correct his mistakes.

If he were hiding evidence, lying to shield a murderer of a child, and doing all of this for the glory of a defense team bought and paid for by some anonymous donor...then I guess people would be more understanding of him? They could say he was only acting in the best interest of the client.

I happen to appreciate what he is doing is to find the truth of what happened to this precious child by any means he can. He in no way is supporting other people who are trying to pull the wool over LE's eyes to hide the truth. To me, this outweighs his personality traits, his theories, and anything else other people are finding to kvetch about him doing.
You go SS!:blowkiss: Very well said.

Perhaps you missed it. LP and TP were first contacted by a third party, which one could assume is the same person still paying for the defense team and has required them to all sign confidentiality agreements. JB was the go-between, IIRC.

TP was paid the money due to him and he did not give any of it back to LP...because I trust what TP said was true. He gave no one any reason to doubt him, imo. He was very upfront and honest from everything I learned about him (and according to people who did get to know him). It is a shame someone would go after him because they don't like LP.

What do you mean by..."Go after him"?

Are you suggesting that because I questioned that a man made 50k for a weeks work that I'm somehow "insulting" TP?

All I'm doing is asking Legitimate questions that some people who seem to be infatuated with LP are willing to ignore...I for one am not.

My question was why did LP bring his nephew along with him in the first place?

Also, If the Padillas are the champions of missing children that they claim to be then why didn't TP donate the 50k that he made off of Caylee's disappearance?

Some people are praising LP for spending his own money bailing out KC but nobody mentions that that Money went right back into his nephews pocket.

And every time it gets brought up somebody gets angry & insulting.

The "Tone" is starting to get a little too nasty for my taste as it usually does when it comes to LP.

It's a mystery to me why some people can't voice their opinions without getting personal.

Good Night & God Bless

The "Tone" is starting to get a little too nasty for my taste as it usually does when it comes to LP.

It's a mystery to me why some people can't voice their opinions without getting personal.

Good Night & God Bless

WHERE did it get personal? I must have missed that. Which post?

I just posted links to how I claimed the bond was posted.

Since somebody is accusing me of posting "Misinformation Here are some direct quotes from LP that he made on the Nancy Grace show......Decide for yourself who KC's bail bondsman was & who made the 50k

UNIDENTIFIED MALE : And why don`t you ask Mr. Padilla, who did he give the $50,000 to? Who did he pay that money to, to get that bond?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hmm, OK, well, Leonard, you want to answer that one?

PADILLA: Sure, I got no problem with it. It was paid to my nephew. He`s the bail bondsman. That`s what he does for a living.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No, listen, you know, the $50,000 goes back to the bail bondsman, which is your nephew, so it stays in the family, is what he`s saying.

PADILLA: Well, let me tell you about my family. I have two sisters that haven`t talked to me in 10 years. I got a brother in the same business. He hasn`t talked to me in 10 years.

=========================

PADILLA: I`m not making any money off the bond. My nephew`s making the $50,000 off the bond
========================

August 26, 2008
PADILLA: Well, it`s not really my call. It`s my nephew. He`s the bondsman, and he has control of the bond. If he was to decide to revoke it, he could do that, yes. But normally, it`s not a thing that`s done because a bondsman is in the business of freeing people from jail, not guilt or innocence. And so I don`t think he would do that, no

=======================

August 27, 2008
LEONARD PADILLA: Well, that`s my nephew, Tony Padilla`s, call, in Sacramento. He`s the one that -- he`s bail agent. He`s the one that`s going to make that call tonight sometime.

======================

PADILLA: Listen to me! Listen to me. Listen to me! We will not revoke that bond if she doesn`t disclose anything. My nephew is the bail agent. I have paid him to post the bond. He has an agent from Florida that will be posting it.

======================

PADILLA: No, I`m not gloating. I hope they`ve learned and the next time there`s a bond of this nature, they step up like bondsman, like real bail agents, instead of a bunch of thugs and work that out and put it together. All they were acting like was a bunch of jealous people

=======================

August 28, 2008

TONY PADILLA :Leonard is the guarantor. He has every right to tell me, Tony, I want her back in custody, and basically, I have to follow through on that. Until somebody steps up and is willing to take on the responsibility, the $500,000, Leonard has every right to tell me I want her back in.

What do you mean by..."Go after him"?

Are you suggesting that because I questioned that a man made 50k for a weeks work that I'm somehow "insulting" TP?

All I'm doing is asking Legitimate questions that some people who seem to be infatuated with LP are willing to ignore...I for one am not.

My question was why did LP bring his nephew along with him in the first place?

Also, If the Padillas are the champions of missing children that they claim to be then why didn't TP donate the 50k that he made off of Caylee's disappearance?

Some people are praising LP for spending his own money bailing out KC but nobody mentions that that Money went right back into his nephews pocket.

And every time it gets brought up somebody gets angry & insulting.

Bold=me
Not everyone is smart enough to make 50k in one week.
Kudos to Tony and Leonard!
Maybe some of the money was donated to a worthwhile organization, we do not know. Some people like to do good things without much fanfare.

Hey Bean

I'm sorry about the "triple Post"....It wasn't showing up so I posted it again.

Then I thought it was too long so I snipped it & reposted it & it still didn't show up.....But now it's there

Anyway....Sorry

Bold=me
Not everyone is smart enough to make 50k in one week.
Kudos to Tony and Leonard!
Maybe some of the money was donated to a worthwhile organization, we do not know. Some people like to do good things without much fanfare.

And Maybe he spent it on a new Hummer...??

BOLDED BY BOSTON

Hey Bean

I'm sorry about the "triple Post"....It wasn't showing up so I posted it again.

Then I thought it was too long so I snipped it & reposted it & it still didn't show up.....But now it's there

Anyway....Sorry

[Humor] Hey, they always say that you have to say things at least 3 times before it finally sinks in. I think we got the point now. :)

:blowkiss:

Hello Sleuthers,

First post. :blush:

Anyway, nice to be here. Have been reading for some time.

Leonard Padilla is certainly a colorful character as well as a bail bondsman from CalIfornia. That is strange in itself to me.

Is he trustworthy - is that the question here?? If so, I would assume not. jmo

[but i doubt it. not after the media and the money getting going.]

I didn't see that at all as a "wild goose chase", but an HONEST effort to try to find her little body. He was the ONLY one who seemed to even be interested at the time, and he put HIS MONEY where his mouth was.

He was NOT taking a FREE PI's word that they were "seeing" her all the time and about to close in after her being moved 9 times.

He was NOT hiding anything, but trying to open up the media to ideas that others could search without TES or anyone else's approval.

He was doing it with the approval of LE or he could not have been in a public park in that area. He KNEW KC was there a lot and that was his best guess knowing how sloppy she would be getting rid of a body.

NO ONE even considered she would just go down the street and throw it out like garbage then go dancing. Even that was below what most people believed the devil's spawn would do.

The head of the FBI in his state said of LP that if he said something " YOU COULD TAKE IT TO THE BANK" on national TV. That speaks volumes.

When he got the word on the PI taping there he immediately called the FBI to get the film. He is a stand up guy and I am tired of hearing all this bashing of him when most except the Anthonys admire him. They are AFRAID of him and it appears with good reason now.

Let`s go to the polygraph expert, Jack Trimarco. He is the former FBI polygraph unit chief in LA. Jack, thank you for being with us. What do they mean when they say they want the records on the polygraph machine itself?

JACK TRIMARCO, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Nancy, as a many time visitor to your show over the years, I`d like to do something I`ve never done before and that is deflect your question for a moment. One of the defense attorneys made a comment about the honesty of Leonard Padilla, and I`d like to just say that from 1978 to 1981, I worked many fugitive cases with Leonard Padilla. I was a young FBI agent then. And when Leonard Padilla gives you his word or says something on the record, you take it to the bank. He`s one of the most honest people...
~~~~

Just because a young agent found LP to be honest almost 30 years ago doesn't mean he's still honest today.

That is standard procedure if they thought he found any remains. They told him they would contact him when he got home "if they wanted it" and they never did after their investigation. That speaks volumes too.

The "remains" had already been determined to be rocks prior to LP being asked to take the lie detector test. LP said he believed he was being asked to take the test to determine that he didn't plant evidence in Blanchard Park. Do you have a link to someone from the FBI saying "they would contact him if...?" I never heard that. How do you know that he was never contacted?

And Maybe he spent it on a new Hummer...??

BOLDED BY BOSTON

LOL, and maybe he did! I do not care for LP and have never made a secret of it. I respect my fellow posters and hope they respect me.

I do not think less of anyone for believing in LP, but I just do not share that same belief.

The main thing I have against LP is that he bonded Casey out to begin with. I resented his interjection into this case then and now, and do not find him credible. JMO

It's not bashing. Saying that you don't agree with someone's actions or pointing out their mistakes and things they have said that haven't turned out to be true is not bashing.

I wish those of you who worship the ground he walks on would stop accusing everyone who doesn't think he's (blink, blink, starry eyes) *the most wonderful thing ever* of bashing. All you're trying to do is stifle those who don't agree with you and that's completely unfair and not what this board is about.

I agree with Chilly. I don't care whether his heart's in the right place or his motives are purely selfish, I think he's done a lot of harm to this case.

In fact, so many of the false rumors he's started have been so helpful to the defense, I have seriously wondered if he's still working for the defense.

I do believe LP's heart is in the right place and I respect the fact that he is so devoted to finding justice for Caylee. But I do wish he would stop spreading unfounded rumors about people. Most specifically his story about Lee being Caylee's father.

Again, What ????????

I get you don't like LP as well as others. I cannot even begin to express just how I feel about this comment without getting a time out.

Frankly leaving a comment isn't worth getting a timeout since it would be challenged anyways.

I admire your restraint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member