Lt. Greenwood responds to public records request 12-14-09

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missingmeds, in the past few days, it has become quite clear that two spokes people for PCSO have stated things that are contrary to what we know. The least that should be done is that they clarify what they said to the public. This is simply not fair to say these things and not be questioned about what was said and what we were told. From the very beginning, they have led us astray with their statements. This I do not understand and have never seen this done before.....well, except in the Tara Grinstead case.

What is wild is that they are not called out on it. The reporters do not question that information put out. Maybe they are so grateful to get anything they keep their mouths shut...IDK...but it is getting very old.

When they report or give an interview, it should be accurate. If what they say is accurate, then a call came in at 2:13am reporting Haleigh missing. RC picked up Haleigh and GMA sykes did not see her at 7 or 8 PM.

Maybe we should ask who the last person was to see Misty? If Schauland was correct, no one can account for misty even being at the house.

I have to admit that I know the person that wrote the letter that the response to has been posted online. That person contacted TJ Hart personally and asked that he post it, so that everyone could see the response that was gotten to the initial request for information.

That person tells me that they have done what the law requires as far as making the request and they are now starting the process of asking for intervention from a higher source. Meaning that they are going to do what
they said and contact the AG of Florida and the Inspector General of Florida to see if they can't get information released that way.

Maybe as a result, someone higher up the power structure will also get involved and get this case solved or at least someone arrested.

The person that is doing this request is asking if anyone has any input that they would like included in the letter to the AG and IG. You can pm me with it if you would like and I will pass it along.

I have to admit that I know the person that wrote the letter that the response to has been posted online. That person contacted TJ Hart personally and asked that he post it, so that everyone could see the response that was gotten to the initial request for information.

That person tells me that they have done what the law requires as far as making the request and they are now starting the process of asking for intervention from a higher source. Meaning that they are going to do what
they said and contact the AG of Florida and the Inspector General of Florida to see if they can't get information released that way.

Maybe as a result, someone higher up the power structure will also get involved and get this case solved or at least someone arrested.

The person that is doing this request is asking if anyone has any input that they would like included in the letter to the AG and IG. You can pm me with it if you would like and I will pass it along.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would PM me with some indication as to who this person is making the request - media, Floridian, American?

Don't worry, I'm not gonna bite her or anything. I won't even repeat who she is if that is her preference. I just would appreciate some indication whether the person who provided the letter to TJ from Johnny Greenwood to is credible. [In this case, you just never know, ya know?]

I would greatly appreciate it if you would PM me with some indication as to who this person is making the request - media, Floridian, American?

Don't worry, I'm not gonna bite her or anything. I won't even repeat who she is if that is her preference. I just would appreciate some indication whether the person who provided the letter to TJ from Johnny Greenwood to is credible. [In this case, you just never know, ya know?]

American, Floridian, and that is why the letter was put out there the way that it was. Letterhead and all so that the letter would be creditable. I won't reveal anymore about the person than what I have here. Gender, race and age are irrelevant in this matter.

I appreciate their efforts to get at the truth. I'm just not interested in any more secrecy.

Is there anthing new at all going on in Haleighs case because it really does look like they are not doing anything any more and it's sad.Something needs to be done for this pretty little girl.She deserves much much better than this.

Has Putnam County ever had a missing child case before? Have they ever had a National Media case before? If we are dealing with an inexperienced group, I wish they would ask for help. It has been almost a full year with not one person cleared! If they say the A/C man is cleared, where is he and why isn't he talking?

......where is Ron Cummings and why isn't he out there? He has a standing invitation to speak about Haleigh from JVM. He has never accepted it.

......IMO, he is hiding behind his Criminal Defense Attorney. Let's not forget he has one....STILL!

......This is most likely the reason the case has gone absolutely nowhere!

Hope Ronald realizes that he'll be keeping a defense attorney on retainer for a very long time. I hope both Ron and Misty "get" that they can't just go on with their lifes as if nothing ever happened and people will simply forget. That, although there may be lulls in the media coverage, every event from here on in each of their lifes is news - whether it's a wedding, the birth of a baby, or one of them or one of their family members landing in the gray bar motel for unpaid speeding tickets or being drunk and disorderly. We won't just forget about them because we will not ever forget HaLeigh.

I hope too that the PCSO realizes the public's interest in this case isn't simply going to go away, matter of fact, as we approach the one year mark of HaLeigh's disappearance, the letters and phone calls to the PCSO inquiring about the progress of the case, will likely increase. I hope so. I also hope those that live in Putnam County start sending a very loud & clear message that they will not tolerate the lack of resolution and/or progress by LE when one of "their children" disappears. I can't help but wonder where is their outrage? Why is the community's silence so deafening? Why aren't they shouting, "Not here, not in our community!!"? It won't attract new families to the community; functional families whereby one parent or both work, coach little league or soccer, shop at local businesses, purchase a home, and pay into the local tax system. It will only attract more SO's, more drugs, and more dysfunctional/abusive parents - IMO.

Where is HaLeigh?!?!

American, Floridian, and that is why the letter was put out there the way that it was. Letterhead and all so that the letter would be creditable. I won't reveal anymore about the person than what I have here. Gender, race and age are irrelevant in this matter.

You're right... gender, race, and age are irrelevant. The person's credibility and the letter's authenticity is what I question. Nothing personal. I just know how easy it would be to cut and paste something together like that on a computer. [NOT saying she did that; just saying it's not hard to do.]

<snip by LF> I hope too that the PCSO realizes the public's interest in this case isn't simply going to go away, matter of fact, as we approach the one year mark of HaLeigh's disappearance, the letters and phone calls to the PCSO inquiring about the progress of the case, will likely increase. I hope so. I also hope those that live in Putnam County start sending a very loud & clear message that they will not tolerate the lack of resolution and/or progress by LE when one of "their children" disappears. I can't help but wonder where is their outrage? Why is the community's silence so deafening? Why aren't they shouting, "Not here, not in our community!!"? It won't attract new families to the community; functional families whereby one parent or both work, coach little league or soccer, shop at local businesses, purchase a home, and pay into the local tax system. It will only attract more SO's, more drugs, and more dysfunctional/abusive parents - IMO.

Where is HaLeigh?!?!

JMO, FWIW - These cops have kids of their own and they have to face the parents of other children every day. Jeff Hardy will have to run for re-election. So...

No one local is going to just forget about Haleigh. Promise.

The bottom line is that no one here believes it was an outsider who came in and stole Haleigh. She didn't just "vanish" into the night. Ron Cummings has zero clout in this county. The whole family is now kryptonite.

We have RC distancing himself again from the mh. He has put out through his attorney that he did not tell tommy to check on misty or the children. This makes no sense whatsoever and it needs to be explored. If you make 20+ calls looking for your sitter and cannot make contact with your children, rc should have said, "hezz, yeah, I wanted him to check the home" but instead he clearly states he did not tell him to check it.

This is the point in the case where rc and his veracity MUST be challanged. There is not one good reason for him to want to distance himself from asking Tomnmy to check on their welfare.

To note RC has done this same thing concerning JO. LE has stated JO was at the trailer; once again RC denies that. RC has distanced himself from JO and Tommy and the MH for the late day and evening of Feb 9.

One has to admit that rc is looking pretty bad about now when you consider and explore what could possibly be his reasoning for denying either of them were there or even if he wanted either to go over and check on the children's and misty's welfare.

Instead we have him calling TN early and she sends a third party over to check. Why all this checking before 7:00 when he was still communicating with misty and NONE after there was no communication? Logic would say his concern should have been more prevalent when he lost contact....not before. Now why wouldn't he send his mother or GMA over to check once all communication stopped? Instead he does nothing and tells us he not only didn't have Tommy, GMA or mommy check but decides to work 3 hours overtime. He did not even want Tommy to go over and check out the situation after 8:30pm. But earlier he called TN and she sent GMA over to check. Why not later when it was really important to check on them?

Ron and misty's stories do not add up.

Thank you for such a logical summation. You are pointing out the absolutely most important questions that need to be answered regarding Ron's actions and nonactions on that night. All of those urgent, frantic calls prior to 8:30 pm, then when he loses all communication with Misty, zero calls to family with requests to check on the children. Great summation. Can't see how anyone can explain this absence of urgency all of a sudden after 8:30 pm. Even staying to work late and taking the time to stop by the store on the way home to buy nuts and beer. Not in any kind of hurry to get home to make sure the children are ok. Explanation anyone?

It appears to me that phone calls made that night did not really come to light until Tommy Croslin was arrested for stealing the gun and started talking with LE. This is when he made statements that Ron had called the Croslin's home that night saying that he had called Misty multiple times and could not get her and asked if Misty was at the Croslin home. Tommy's story is that Ron asked him to go over and check on Misty and Ron's story is that he only asked if Misty was there. Anyway, the story of the twenty calls made to Misty started at this time. I do not remember anything being stated or published regarding phone records or calls up to this time. On this Nancy Grace transcript the calls and pings are discussed.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/22/ng.01.html

I guess I was assuming that LE would have checked out the phone calls and pings prior to this but unfortunately LE only mentions the multiple phone calls made by Ron after this event. Bothers me that the phone info was missed during the original days of this case. It was also after this revelation by Tommy that Ron and his attorney met with LE regarding phone records, wasn't it?

JMO, FWIW - These cops have kids of their own and they have to face the parents of other children every day. Jeff Hardy will have to run for re-election. So...

No one local is going to just forget about Haleigh. Promise.

The bottom line is that no one here believes it was an outsider who came in and stole Haleigh. She didn't just "vanish" into the night. Ron Cummings has zero clout in this county. The whole family is now kryptonite.

My hope though is that the PCSO will understand and accept that the public's interest is in finding the truth & finding HaLeigh. What a sad world it would be if nobody cared when a child disappeared! I realize that there are some kooks that come out of the woodwork in these cases, but most are not. Most genuinely care about a little girl who somehow vanished without a trace and they want to find the truth and see justice served.

I'm not at all surprised to hear that no one within the community believes that an outsider (stranger) took HaLeigh. I think that's obvious as we haven't heard of any community meetings and/or programs to help increase awareness among parents, caregivers, or the community as a whole on child abduction prevention since HaLeigh's disappearance. On the other hand, if most within the community feel that way, somebody has to know or have seen something. I'm not simply talking about the night/early morning that HaLeigh disappeared - I'm talking about HaLeigh's life before that time - people who saw Ronald & Misty regularly with the kids; neighbors, store clerks, teachers, bank tellers, the mailman... I just find it unbelievable that this little girl's life was all peaches & cream up until the time she disappeared -I don't buy that for one second. JMHO -

My hope though is that the PCSO will understand and accept that the public's interest is in finding the truth & finding HaLeigh. What a sad world it would be if nobody cared when a child disappeared! I realize that there are some kooks that come out of the woodwork in these cases, but most are not. Most genuinely care about a little girl who somehow vanished without a trace and they want to find the truth and see justice served.

I'm not at all surprised to hear that no one within the community believes that an outsider (stranger) took HaLeigh. I think that's obvious as we haven't heard of any community meetings and/or programs to help increase awareness among parents, caregivers, or the community as a whole on child abduction prevention since HaLeigh's disappearance. On the other hand, if most within the community feel that way, somebody has to know or have seen something. I'm not simply talking about the night/early morning that HaLeigh disappeared - I'm talking about HaLeigh's life before that time - people who saw Ronald & Misty regularly with the kids; neighbors, store clerks, teachers, bank tellers, the mailman... I just find it unbelievable that this little girl's life was all peaches & cream up until the time she disappeared -I don't buy that for one second. JMHO -

ITA, I don't think her life was as storybook-like as the photos might attempt to suggest. [But then again, whose life is as good as the photo albums & videos?] Unless a "real" journalist documents it, it is considered gossip and thus not allowed to be posted here - which is a good policy overall, imo, if only we had some "real" journalists covering the saga.

JMO, natch

Thank you for such a logical summation. You are pointing out the absolutely most important questions that need to be answered regarding Ron's actions and nonactions on that night. All of those urgent, frantic calls prior to 8:30 pm, then when he loses all communication with Misty, zero calls to family with requests to check on the children. Great summation. Can't see how anyone can explain this absence of urgency all of a sudden after 8:30 pm. Even staying to work late and taking the time to stop by the store on the way home to buy nuts and beer. Not in any kind of hurry to get home to make sure the children are ok. Explanation anyone?

lonetraveler, the only thing I could think of is Ron was there at the mh shortly after the call to Hank. There would be no need to have someone check on them if Ron was already enroute to the mh, kwim? I was also wondering if maybe Misty was at the mh by herself that evening without the kids? Could they have gone with Tn or GMS? IJDK

I wonder when TN had the cells disconnected.

Misty seemed most distressed when she was jumped in the parking lot that one night for "everything I own, my phone, everything....."

Hope Ronald realizes that he'll be keeping a defense attorney on retainer for a very long time. I hope both Ron and Misty "get" that they can't just go on with their lifes as if nothing ever happened and people will simply forget. That, although there may be lulls in the media coverage, every event from here on in each of their lifes is news - whether it's a wedding, the birth of a baby, or one of them or one of their family members landing in the gray bar motel for unpaid speeding tickets or being drunk and disorderly. We won't just forget about them because we will not ever forget HaLeigh.

I hope too that the PCSO realizes the public's interest in this case isn't simply going to go away, matter of fact, as we approach the one year mark of HaLeigh's disappearance, the letters and phone calls to the PCSO inquiring about the progress of the case, will likely increase. I hope so. I also hope those that live in Putnam County start sending a very loud & clear message that they will not tolerate the lack of resolution and/or progress by LE when one of "their children" disappears. I can't help but wonder where is their outrage? Why is the community's silence so deafening? Why aren't they shouting, "Not here, not in our community!!"? It won't attract new families to the community; functional families whereby one parent or both work, coach little league or soccer, shop at local businesses, purchase a home, and pay into the local tax system. It will only attract more SO's, more drugs, and more dysfunctional/abusive parents - IMO.

Where is HaLeigh?!?!

Just re-reading this thread. It appears Ronald might have forgotten to pay his January retainer fees to Mr. Shoe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back