MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO going to get really interesting in days and weeks and years to come :silly:

Aaron Hernandez asked to shack up with prison ‘lover’: report
By Danika Fears April 25, 2017 | 9:59pm

“Aaron Hernandez had requested to the prison that my client, Kyle Kennedy, be his cellmate,” Lawrence Army Jr., managing partner of the Boston law firm Army & Roche, told the Daily Mail.

Kennedy, who was one of three people for whom Hernandez left a letter before hanging himself in his cell last week, wasn’t opposed to moving in with the ex-football star, Army said, adding, “If he was going to be in with someone else, why not Aaron Hernandez?”

Hernandez’s cellmate request, which he made last September, was initially approved — but the prison’s superintendent ultimately decided the former New England Patriots tight end shouldn’t share a cell with another inmate.

Hernandez’s lawyer, José Baez, has insisted, “Rumors of a letter to a gay lover, in or out of prison, are false.” http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/aaron-hernandez-asked-to-shack-up-with-prison-lover-report/

not sure Baez should keep going on this unless he has unconditional proof this is all a big rumor....if so Kennedy's atty must want to lose his license.

I don't take you at being sarcastic. Prison if what is true so far about the 2 am rounds, definately is negligent. I am unsure how you could possibly "not send this to trial", as you nor I nor even the State Police who are doing the investigation have all the facts yet. That is going by emotion. I rather not do that, jmho.

Could have been something contemplating or not for long time. On outside looking in it appears odd, as we were all shocked. But if there possibly was more to it, hopefully it will come out. Prison inmates have nothing but time. They know the routines. Curious what the corrections officers union has to say.

**Interesting

Long Planning Is Cited in Death Of Former Priest
By FOX BUTTERFIELDAUG. 26, 2003

John J. Conte, the Worcester district attorney who will be prosecuting the case, said at a news conference this afternoon that there was only one guard on duty at the time and that inmates from all 22 individual cells had been allowed out just before the incident. A second guard who should have been on duty was away helping a nurse give medication to an inmate, Mr. Conte said.

Mr. Pingeon said the inmate who had observed Mr. Druce standing outside Mr. Geoghan's cell said that when another prisoner alerted the guard to the altercation several guards came running.

State prison guards and Mr. Conte, the district attorney, questioned the low level of staffing in the protective custody unit at the time of the killing. The Massachusetts prison guards' union has complained about staff reductions, as the state prison budget has been cut in recent months, like prison budgets in virtually every state.

Mr. Flynn said prison staffing was normal at the time of the killing. ''Whether or not normal staffing is appropriate or absolutely preventative is something we're going to have to take a look at,'' he said.

Mr. Conte said Mr. Druce had prevented guards in a control room from opening the door to Mr. Geoghan's cell electronically by jamming a book he had cut in two into the upper track of the door. He had disabled the bottom rail by putting a nail clipper and toothbrush in it, Mr. Conte said.

Mr. Druce used a T-shirt to tie Mr. Geoghan's hands behind his back then threw him on the floor, Mr. Conte said. Mr. Druce had also stretched socks to strangle Mr. Geoghan, and he used a shoe as a garrote.

Mr. Druce then jumped off the bed, stomping on Mr. Geoghan's chest, breaking his ribs and puncturing his lungs. An autopsy performed in Boston this morning by the state's chief medical examiner found that Mr. Geoghan had died of ''ligature strangulation and blunt chest trauma,'' Mr. Conte said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/26/us/long-planning-is-cited-in-death-of-former-priest.html

I was saying, hypothetically, that if I was on the grand jury, I would not indict.

I don't see how it's emotional right now to say I don't see enough evidence that the prison was negligent. That seems more logical to me. You seem to agree because you stated they aren't done investigating. Or are you saying that presuming innocence instead of guilt is going on emotion?

The first part of my post actually was somewhat sarcastic. My point was that the burden of proof that got him acquitted still applies here and like the people he murdered, that Mr. Hernandez has much fewer protections as a "victim." So Baez can get up there and spin a sob story all he wants, he needs to prove it beyond what passes for reasonable doubt these days, which IMO, is beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But I'm being serious when I say that in no way believe that Aaron was murdered. I think he lived his life as he chose and ended it as he chose. Because:

1) He was giving away his possessions.
2) He left handwritten notes behind.
3) I don't see how his cell could have been barricaded from the inside.
4) I see no cause to believe that everyone who discovered his suicide is a liar and everything that doesn't fit the murder narrative is a lie.
5) I take everything Baez says and alleges with about 40 billion grains of salt. I think he's a horrible person, not much better, if not worse, than some of his most vile clients and he has done nothing to change my mind.

Interesting article by the way, but as of now, I don't think that's what happened here.

not sure Baez should keep going on this unless he has unconditional proof this is all a big rumor....if so Kennedy's atty must want to lose his license.

Kennedy's attorney is having a press conference today. That might help clear things up (or not, who knows).

Kennedy's attorney is having a press conference today. That might help clear things up (or not, who knows).

well he is looking for some air time for sure (more for himself I'm afraid) but will be interesting.

just a quick thank you to everyone who is keeping this story alive here and updating with what they find about it....hard to keep current and as it fades in the press those of us still interested have a great place to find the latest. Thanks again!!

AARON HERNANDEZ AUTOPSY: K2 SYNTHETIC MARIJUANA FOUND IN HIS BODY AFTER SUICIDE
BY MICHELE MCPHEE ON 4/24/17 AT 8:35 PM

The body of former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for murder when he hanged himself on April 19, tested positive for K2, a synthetic form of marijuana, according to two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the case.

A kidney fluid screen conducted during an autopsy showed traces of the drug, the sources said.

That news prompted a State Police raid at the Souza Baronwski Correctional Center (SBCC) in Lancaster, Massachusetts on Monday, multiple sources say. (Like others who spoke to Newsweek for this story, they asked for anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak to the press.) Dozens of Massachusetts State Police troopers assigned to the State Police Emergency Response Team and Tactical Operations Team searched the SBCC—the jail where Hernandez died last week—looking for contraband, including paper soaked with the synthetic marijuana known as K2, the sources told Newsweek http://www.newsweek.com/aaron-herna...uana-gay-lover-prison-boyfriend-letter-589169

The body of former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for murder when he hanged himself on April 19, tested positive for K2, a synthetic form of marijuana, according to two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the case.

A kidney fluid screen conducted during an autopsy showed traces of the drug, the sources said.

That news prompted a State Police raid at the Souza Baronwski Correctional Center (SBCC) in Lancaster, Massachusetts on Monday, multiple sources say. (Like others who spoke to Newsweek for this story, they asked for anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak to the press.) Dozens of Massachusetts State Police troopers assigned to the State Police Emergency Response Team and Tactical Operations Team searched the SBCC—the jail where Hernandez died last week—looking for contraband, including paper soaked with the synthetic marijuana known as K2, the sources told Newsweek http://www.newsweek.com/aaron-herna...uana-gay-lover-prison-boyfriend-letter-589169

no surprise there...clearly got some people who are informants and I imagine this will be confirmed. So more problems for this prison. K2 is not the cause of his suicide but probably helped him along. Beginning to wonder how much this Kennedy knew...

The comprehensive search came days after Hernandez was found dead in his cell on April 19 at 3:03 a.m., the same day some of his former teammates on the New England Patriots traveled to the White House to be congratulated by President Donald Trump for their 2017 Super Bowl victory. Inmates at SBCC had told investigators Hernandez may have been high on K2 the morning he killed himself.

Department of Correction sources say it is unusual for state troopers to conduct an SBCC prison search, and that the presence of DOC Internal Affairs officials and the department’s Commissioner Thomas Turco indicates a wide-scale investigation is underway at the prison, where one correction officer has already been “detached with pay” after being accused of missing a round at 2 a.m. Hernandez was found dead at 3:03 a.m. There was also a “shakedown of the warehouse” shared by SBCC and a second prison, MCI-Shirley, the sources said. Both inmates and DOC employees work in that warehouse, which is used to store dry goods before they go into the prison, DOC sources confirm.

Among the items officials were looking for were liquefied drugs such as K2, which can be smuggled into prison by dipping corners of paper into the drug and mailing that piece of paper as a letter, the sources tell Newsweek. http://www.newsweek.com/aaron-herna...uana-gay-lover-prison-boyfriend-letter-589169

interesting..."devastated" to be honest not the words most of us would use to describe our reaction to this suicide. Again...I think AH had some boosters in the jury.

I felt like that and was very sad

:thinking: What could be in letters written by AT, that would have to have redacted about an investigation? I am also curious as to when AH allegedly gave the $50,000 watch to KK. Reports show KK was a heroin dealer. Was it for drugs or something else? Curious if KK knows of AB.

Should have been noticed JMHO:
The I-Team is learning more about the circumstances surrounding Aaron Hernandez’s death in prison. It seems he had been planning his suicide for a few days.

Inside cell G2-57 sources say investigators didn’t find any of Aaron Hernandez’s prison-allowed belongings. Instead, according to sources, corrections officers found Hernandez’s property in the cells of other inmates.

Investigators now believe – according to law enforcement sources – that the former tight end for the New England Patriots gave away his prison allowed radio, TV, MP4 player and headphones before committing suicide.

***this jmho should have been something to be asking about if true, again when did this happen and when/how found out about?
Recorded phone conversation?***

Sources say investigators have learned Hernandez also gave an expensive watch, thought to be worth about $50,000, to the family of a Worcester man he was in prison with, asking a friend or family member who had the watch to give it to the man’s family.

A spokesman for Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. said Tuesday that, in addition to three handwritten notes addressed to specific people, Hernandez, 27, left behind “some writings” that were shared with his family Monday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-conviction/7Q8xqFoFsVtyxNF5ejafgM/story.html

A spokesman for Early declined to describe the content of the other writings, but said they contained “several pages’’ that were not addressed in the same manner as the three notes found by investigators next to Hernandez’s Bible in his cell.

that sure is worded weird?

interesting..."devastated" to be honest not the words most of us would use to describe our reaction to this suicide. Again...I think AH had some boosters in the jury.

speculation or an intense attraction

I felt like that and was very sad

I personally find it hard to feel sad about a convicted murderer taking his own life.

If he killed himself, he chose when to end his life. That's more of a choice than Lloyd got.

If his girlfriend makes a penny off this or his football payout, I hope the Lloyd family get every bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boy listening to this juror is disheartening to say the least...it also reconfirms my suspicion that we had some on the jury that were fans of AH...but unlike OJ in this case I think they did follow the law but I think even if cw had a stronger case that foreperson may have not gotten them all on one page very easily.

Agree on all your points. I half expected her to giggle like a schoolgirl and discuss how he is sooooooo cute he must be not guilty!

I personally find it hard to feel sad about a convicted murderer taking his own life.

If he killed himself, he chose when to end his life. That's more of a choice than Lloyd got.

If his girlfriend makes a penny off this or his football payout, I hope the Lloyd family get every bit.

I think exactly the opposite regarding who the money should go. I hope his pension and money go to his daughter and fiancee. I hope the Lloyd family don't get anything

IIRC weed remains in ones system a long time.

Again , the media often plays suicide as impulsive- it rarely is so.

I would bet the other writings just mentioned would share some light on his state of mind.

I do not think it is a far stretch for someone who will never see light again, who lived a affluent lifestyle might have gotten to the point where the time has come.

I assume cardboard is not a reuular item in a jail cell so that would indicate some planning.

I do not know of soap is allowed in each cell , if not that is also IMO indicative of planning.

Writing notes is classic as well as is (if true) giving away things right before doing so

so a lot of it fits - unless there is different handwriting.

moo

By The Boston Globe April 25, 2017
An investigation triggered by the death of Aaron J. Hernandez now involves a search for contraband inside the prison where he hanged himself, officials said Tuesday, while his family took steps to overturn his 2015 murder conviction and beat back media reports and rumors about the New England Patriots star’s life behind bars.

Nearly a week after Hernandez was found dead in his cell, the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley remained on lockdown, with prisoners kept in their cells 24 hours a day and no visiting hours, a Department of Correction spokesman said in an e-mail.

A state public safety spokesman did not specify what materials the investigation is focusing on, and did not disclose what, if any, contraband had been found inside Hernandez’s cell to spawn the prison-wide search. https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...-aaron-hernandezs-death-focuses-on-contraband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12