MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go out for a bit..so will post ME's testimony when I get back. :seeya:

Cathy‏ @courtchatter
#AaronHernandez - Remember, the def has always known the results of toxicology report. The defense: Bradley shooter drugs involved w/vics

Travis Andersen‏ @TAGlobe
no indication in open court after sidebar if prosecutors have rested. We'll find out Monday morning. #AaronHernandez

they did not rest today....maybe want weekend to figure out if they have anyone else that could help?

Too many discrepancies in the Common Wealth case. ME confirms on cross her notes were incorrect. Detectives not following through on case. Stuff that should been addressed by the CW prior to going to court. I look forward to the Def and Closing. Did not realize (duh moment) that there were threads here for this one.

Too many discrepancies in the Common Wealth case. ME confirms on cross her notes were incorrect. Detectives not following through on case. Stuff that should been addressed by the CW prior to going to court. I look forward to the Def and Closing. Did not realize (duh moment) that there were threads here for this one.

The discrepancies were very tiny. Seconds vs minutes in time of death from the bullets. It is just a guess anyway.The ME cannot know for sure.

And the other so called discrepancy was a measurement of a wound. But it has no real bearing on this case. It does not change who was shooting and who wasn't/

The detectives followed through just fine. The defense is just trying to make up 'important' things the state never looked into. There is always going to be other things that could have been investigated. You don't have time nor resources to do it all.

The Daily Mail reported that Hernandez's lawyer, Jose Baez, cross-examined star witness Alexander Bradley late last week in court. Bradley testified that the ex-New England Patriots' star shot him in the face in a separate February 2013 incident and Baez questioned him about a deleted text message that he sent from that same year.

The message allegedly had Bradley unsure of who shot him in the face during that February 2013 incident, despite having testified under oath that it was Hernandez. And Baez made it clear that Bradley deleted it from his cellphone.

"Now you sure once I withdraw this lawsuit I won't be held on perjury after I tell the truth about me not recalling anything about who shot me?" Bradley allegedly asked his own attorney, Robert Pickering, in the since-deleted text, as reported by the Daily Mail.

When asked about why he deleted the text in question, Bradley said, "for the fourth time, I don’t recall what calls or messages I have or have not deleted."

Bradley added, "I was trying to figure out how I could testify without getting [Hernandez] criminally [charged]. I would essentially perjure myself if I file in a civil matter that Mr. Hernandez shot me and then I go to the grand jury and say, 'I don’t know who shot me.'"

He was referencing his civil lawsuit, which was settled in 2016 for an undisclosed amount.

The deleted text message is key for Hernandez's defense, which contends that Bradley was the gunman who shot and killed de Abreu and Furtado during a bungled drug deal and not the former tight end. http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/03/27/aaron-hernandez-double-murder-trial.html

The Daily Mail reported that Hernandez's lawyer, Jose Baez, cross-examined star witness Alexander Bradley late last week in court. Bradley testified that the ex-New England Patriots' star shot him in the face in a separate February 2013 incident and Baez questioned him about a deleted text message that he sent from that same year.

The message allegedly had Bradley unsure of who shot him in the face during that February 2013 incident, despite having testified under oath that it was Hernandez. And Baez made it clear that Bradley deleted it from his cellphone.

"Now you sure once I withdraw this lawsuit I won't be held on perjury after I tell the truth about me not recalling anything about who shot me?" Bradley allegedly asked his own attorney, Robert Pickering, in the since-deleted text, as reported by the Daily Mail.

When asked about why he deleted the text in question, Bradley said, "for the fourth time, I don’t recall what calls or messages I have or have not deleted."

Bradley added, "I was trying to figure out how I could testify without getting [Hernandez] criminally [charged]. I would essentially perjure myself if I file in a civil matter that Mr. Hernandez shot me and then I go to the grand jury and say, 'I don’t know who shot me.'"

He was referencing his civil lawsuit, which was settled in 2016 for an undisclosed amount.

The deleted text message is key for Hernandez's defense, which contends that Bradley was the gunman who shot and killed de Abreu and Furtado during a bungled drug deal and not the former tight end. http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/03/27/aaron-hernandez-double-murder-trial.html

This text:

this text does not say that he did not remember who shot him. You need to look at it in context.

ORIGINALLY< he had said he did not remember who shot him. And at the time that he texted this, he was on record, saying he did not know who shot him.

So ' the truth about him not recalling who shot him' is that he DID RECALL WHO SHOT HIM.

And if you look at the circumstances, you can see the truth of the statement. Because when he texts that to his attorney, he is about to tell the court that he does remember who shot him. So you can see what he plans to do by that statement.

Read it again. He is asking his attorney if he would get a perjury charge. But he already has said that he did not know who shot him. And when he texted this he was just about to go on the record accusing AB of shooting him. So obviously he is not saying he does not know who shot him.

He is saying ' the truth about me not recalling who shot me' ---and that truth is he did recall who shot him.

If no one minds - I'm going to Alert a Mod to give us a new thread before Monday's court. I seem to remember some of you are having problems with this thread - as it maybe all the 1000 posts!

:wave:

Hmmm, my guess is they do or is it that the CW has already discredited their witnesses... the 'can't remember anything' group. They still have that street sweeper though. Monday should be interesting...

The lead attorney representing Aaron Hernandez said his team may not call any witnesses in the former Patriots tight end&#8217;s double-murder trial, arguing the commonwealth has not met its burden in proving Hernandez&#8217;s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

&#8220;We haven&#8217;t made an official decision that we are going to need to put (a defense) on,&#8221; Jose Baez told the Herald yesterday. &#8220;We are certainly prepared to, should we put one on. That&#8217;s something we are going to assess this weekend.&#8221;

More at link...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...on_hernandez_trial_could_go_to_jury_next_week

GOOD SATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!! :seeya:

Thank you, NINER for all of FRIDAY's Court Room Tweets. :tyou:

AND thank you, LYNDYLOO for FRIDAY's Court Room Links. :tyou:

I totally appreciate it. I will be watching the LINKS and READING BACK to all the TWEETS this weekend. :tyou:

Just watching 1st link now.

Wow, Robert Lundsey did not want to be there.

Det. MacIsaac and his Team appear to be very thorough.

Niner, if a NEW thread is started, would you be able to put a link to the new thread on this one? :please:

KaraKitty said:
Niner, if a NEW thread is started, would you be able to put a link to the new thread on this one?

When a Mod closes a thread and makes a new one - they ALWAYS post a link on their last post! So, don't worry - we won't let you get lost! :therethere: :D

I think Baez is absolutely wants to put on a defense. I am just not sure who he can put on the stand.

He may try to play up the THC found in one of the victims. But it is really pretty meaningless. I bet a hundred guys in that club that night had THC in their system. It does not mean that any of them did a bad drug deal with AB.

But he has to dirty up AB. I am not sure how much leeway the judge will give him towards that. I am sure he can find plenty of ****gs willing to come testify to help AH though. They just need to say that AB was known to rip people off and make people mad etc. I wonder if he will go that route?

boy have to wonder now if they will put on a defense...by doing nothing it sort of gives the jury the impression that they are confident and don't feel the state came close...or does the jury think they just don't have anyone? Tough one...I know the judge instructs the jury not to "read into" it but you simply cannot help it. I am thinking that may be what Baez does...clearly a marijuana expert would be foolish and blasted by the CW...sweeper is probably too risky...friends and family don't really work here...so I am prepared they may rest and are polishing up the closing. Jury been there too long already and honestly I do not think the state has met their burden. I think the psychology of no defense could work for them.

Quite interesting to see the 'Timeline Of Events' at the bottom of this wiki link (although some of the descriptions may be a little off). What a tangled web. The 'blunt master' who was murdered and the 'drug dealer' who was shot... but he survived to tell his story. The question is did the jury find him believable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Odin_Lloyd

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. The CW has connected all of the dots albeit a bit shaky in some spots but there is little doubt, at least for me, AH comiited these murders as well as the attempted murder of AB. Makes me sad in many ways but I just can not see any other explanation. A man with so many talents who let the fame, grief, power, whatever allow him to believe he could do as he pleased. Whatever the outcome, may peace surround all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee