Found Deceased MA - Aidan Blanchard, 11, Chicopee, 5 Feb 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was actually in the area last Wednesday 3/3/21 headed to my parent’s house and as I was about to get off the highway exit,we could see a MA state helicopter slowly flying VERY low along the CT river. I said to my husband they must be looking for Aiden. It was a very sobering surreal moment. CT state police are now involved in helping search along the river. It is going to be unseasonably warm today and especially tomorrow. My mom said that there’s a very strong belief he’s in the river and he has been known to go down to the boat launch area especially since his Dad tragically passed away last year.
I noticed his mom and family organizing experienced kayakers seemed to really kick the search into an even higher level so I’m so happy she’s been able to speak up and clearly the police bringing the CT police in for extra help resulted from this. I’m glad to see things in the news again about him because for a couple of weeks it seemed he was forgotten by the media. As much as finding him will be devastating,I’m sure the uncertainty of knowing where he is is just another level of horror that mom and his siblings and family are going through. My thoughts and hope are with them all.
They still haven't determined a cause of death? I'm really confused by this. We don't even know how he died.

They still haven't determined a cause of death? I'm really confused by this. We don't even know how he died.

This article about his funeral states that he drowned:

Funeral for Aiden Blanchard held in West Springfield Wednesday | WWLP

I think that when they first announced that his body had been found, they only identified him, they did not release an exact cause of death citing the ongoing investigation (this would be typical until all testing is done). But by the 28th of April as you can see the media was reporting it as a drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back