Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any idea why Ana asked her mom for the two months stay ? When was BW supposed to have been charged for fraud?
Wild guess: She knew in 2 months BW would be in federal prison. She could liquidate her real estate holdings but that would take maybe 2 months. BW might have a very short prison term since he was likely to get "time served" for his house arrest subtracted. She maybe wanted to be far away when he got out of prison because, well, because. So 2 months was the time window she thought she would need to wrap up things in the US and move to Serbia to be near mom and away from monster.

I keep coming back to the pictures showing passports on the kitchen counter. Why would passports be important if nobody was planning to leave the country??

Milanka Ljubičić, Ana Walshe`s mother gave an interview on Nova.rs about the last messages exchanged with her daughter on Dec, 25: EKSKLUZIVNO Poslednje poruke Ane Volš majci Milanki: "Mama, možeš li doći u Vašington? Brajan i ja se ne slažemo oko dece".
My translation:
"(AW) Hi Mom, Could you come to Washington tomorrow?
(MLJ) What do you mean and why are you telling me now? It should have been said a few days earlier.
(AW) Brian and I disagree
(MLJ) About what
(AW) Kids
(MLJ) Maybe I can in seven days. I also have to take medicine. I don't know how long I would stay…
(AW) Tomorrow. Please. For two months.
(MLJ) What time is the flight tomorrow?
(AW) 7 a.m. or 1:30 p.m
However, Milanka did not go to see her daughter."

And then they announced that all the messages mother and daughter exchanged in the days leading up to the crime will be presented tonight at 8 p.m. (Serbian time) on Nova.rs. That is 2 p.m. in Washington DC.
If it was urgent why not call her sister? Toronto to DC has many flights per day, her sister could have been there in a fraction of the time and a fraction of the cost.

The second part of the exchanged messages between Ana and Ljubinka...

Milanka: “I'm not sure if I can be ready for 1:30 p.m.; is it possible the day after tomorrow at 13:30; The best would be in 7 days. This is short notice for me."

Ana: Ok

Milanka: "What does ok mean?"

Ana: "Ok next week"

Milanka: "I'm traveling next week then. Is that what it means? What date approximately? Let me get organized; the next week is already tomorrow; is it this one or the next one, after January 1, 2023? The most suitable date for me would be around January 7, so that I can prepare properly. It's not my problem to pack the luggage but to arrange everything with the doctors and for the medicines. I have several chronic diseases; I think you understand it, it is not that I don't want to come. Far from it; difficult situation."

In the meantime, they spoke on the phone.

Milanka: “Do you have a blood pressure monitor in Washington, so that I don’t need to bring it from here?"

Ana is responding after 3 hours…

Ana: Yes.

Milanka: Is it necessary to do a PCR test and to wear the mask for the trip? In March, I have a check-up with a vascular surgeon. No date set yet. It can also be in the second half of March, only if there is an appointment available. He works at a clinic on Tuesdays. I have to be here then. Regarding travel arrangements, I would like to go via Istanbul. I got used to it a bit. I'm probably carrying a small suitcase. Maybe I can travel to New York, but I don't know how far is (N. Y.) from Washington, and if you can come by car to pick me up. Please answer these questions?"

A few hours passed before Ana responded…

Ana: "No need. Okay. Maybe you will not need to come."

Milanka: "How come? What is happening now? In any case, thank you!"

Ana: "We are making a plan. Probably for February"

Milanka: "I'm giving up. I can't come. It is too late for me."

Then at 5:14 pm (CET), Ana sent, as it turns out, the last message to her mother.

Ana: "Ok"

After this, Ana and Milanka did not exchange messages or calls via "Viber" for the next five days, and Ana made the next call to her mother just a minute before midnight on New Year's Eve (CET).

Ana tried to reach her mother for the last time 48 minutes later, on January 1 at 0:47 (CET).

“It torments me and haunts me that I didn't leave immediately. Maybe none of this would have happened”, says Milanka, who is only now becoming aware that she may never see her daughter again.

January 1, 2023

Milanka: "Happy New Year 2023 and Christmas (orthodox) holidays! Greetings!"

Five days later, a worried Milanka wrote to her daughter again.

Milanka: "Ana, where are you, my daughter? I'm not feeling well. Why don't you answer my message?"

And the next day she tried to get in touch with her daughter, for the last time.

Milanka: "Where are you?"

Source: "ANA? GDE SI, SINE, NIJE MI DOBRO!" "Blic" objavljuje CELU PREPISKU Ane Volš sa majkom Milankom: Iza Aninih reči se kriju ZLOSLUTNI SIGNALI da joj je brak u velikoj krizi! (FOTO)

Last edited:
Wild guess: She knew in 2 months BW would be in federal prison. She could liquidate her real estate holdings but that would take maybe 2 months. BW might have a very short prison term since he was likely to get "time served" for his house arrest subtracted. She maybe wanted to be far away when he got out of prison because, well, because. So 2 months was the time window she thought she would need to wrap up things in the US and move to Serbia to be near mom and away from monster.

I keep coming back to the pictures showing passports on the kitchen counter. Why would passports be important if nobody was planning to leave the country??
To me, there are 2 passports. I think the red is a notebook. IDK. I can see hers being out because she flies to DC weekly. Of course she uses a passport instead of a drivers license. I use mine traveling domestically also. So, yes, the question is, who has the other passport out? And obviously this was taken after her dissapearance, and you would think he would hide them.. Or yes, who was leaving the country in the days to come?
And who is reading "The obstacle..."
The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph|Hardcover
1674245499426.png
1674245859211.png

Until the defendant was charged with the murder of the mother, no surprise the minor children were placed in state custody, and this will not change until the outcome of the trial. To be clear, even if the children are soon placed with friends of the family, they will still be in state custody.

Also, it's possible that Ana (and BW) each had LW&T and guardianship provisions for the children in the event of death. Given the couple was still married, generally, the couple each name the survivor as guardian.

This now calls for the question of who was named as their second choice to be the willing guardian in the event the surviving bio-parent is not able or otherwise unavailable.

Based on similar murder cases I've followed, I believe any custody of the children will be temporary until the conviction and conclusion of BW's trial where there will be a hearing to terminate BW's parental rights and permanent custody in the best interest of the children decided.

IMO, and more importantly here, I think the paternal grandmother, DW, has already disqualified herself from consideration as an appropriate temporary guardian for the young children-- based on her own statements to the court where she's described herself as being a recluse, dependent on others such as her son to provide care for her. In other words, she's no caregiver capable of raising Ana's children.

Although accused of murdering Ana, BW has not yet lost his parental rights and I believe he will be very vocal in exercising those rights to decide on the care of the children.

MOO
Thank you so much for explaining this, I pray that these babies are well taken care of.

Regarding the wooden floors and the search to get blood off them, BW bought rugs on his shopping spree perhaps to cover the stains. Keep in mind he is stupid and of course this would be no real solution to the stains.

The second part of the exchanged messages between Ana and Ljubinka...

Milanka: “I'm not sure if I can be ready for 1:30 p.m.; is it possible the day after tomorrow at 13:30; The best would be in 7 days. This is short notice for me."

Ana: Ok

Milanka: "What does ok mean?"

Milanka: "I'm traveling next week then. Is that what it means? What date approximately? Let me get organized; the next week is already tomorrow; is it this one or the next one, after January 1, 2023? The most suitable date for me would be around January 7, so that I can prepare properly. It's not my problem to pack the luggage but to arrange everything with the doctors and for the medicines. I have several chronic diseases; I think you understand it, it is not that I don't want to come. Far from it; difficult situation."

In the meantime, they spoke on the phone.

Milanka: “Do you have a blood pressure monitor in Washington, so that I don’t need to bring it from here?"

Ana is responding after 3 hours…

Ana: Yes.

Milanka: Is it necessary to do a PCR test and to wear the mask for the trip? In March, I have a check-up with a vascular surgeon. No date set yet. It can also be in the second half of March, only if there is an appointment available. He works at a clinic on Tuesdays. I have to be here then. Regarding travel arrangements, I would like to go via Istanbul. I got used to it a bit. I'm probably carrying a small suitcase. Maybe I can travel to New York, but I don't know how far is (N. Y.) from Washington, and if you can come by car to pick me up. Please answer these questions?"

A few hours passed before Ana responded…

Ana: "No need. Okay. Maybe you will not need to come."

Milanka: "How come? What is happening now? In any case, thank you!"

Ana: "We are making a plan. Probably for February"

Milanka: "I'm giving up. I can't come. It is too late for me."

Then at 5:14 pm (CET), Ana sent, as it turns out, the last message to her mother.

After this, Ana and Milanka did not exchange messages or calls via "Viber" for the next five days, and Ana made the next call to her mother just a minute before midnight on New Year's Eve (CET).

Ana tried to reach her mother for the last time 48 minutes later, on January 1 at 0:47 (CET).

“It torments me and haunts me that I didn't leave immediately. Maybe none of this would have happened”, says Milanka, who is only now becoming aware that she may never see her daughter again.

January 1, 2023

Milanka: "Happy New Year 2023 and Christmas (orthodox) holidays! Greetings!"

Five days later, a worried Milanka wrote to her daughter again.

Milanka: "Ana, where are you, my daughter? I'm not feeling well. Why don't you answer my message?"

And the next day she tried to get in touch with her daughter, for the last time.

Milanka: "Where are you?"

Source: "ANA? GDE SI, SINE, NIJE MI DOBRO!" "Blic" objavljuje CELU PREPISKU Ane Volš sa majkom Milankom: Iza Aninih reči se kriju ZLOSLUTNI SIGNALI da joj je brak u velikoj krizi! (FOTO)

So the ‘We are making a plan. Probably for February.’ may not mean Ana and Brian, but maybe a babysitter or friend who was going to help Ana get the children to Washington, imo.

So the ‘We are making a plan. Probably for February.’ may not mean Ana and Brian, but maybe a babysitter or friend who was going to help Ana get the children to Washington, imo.
This "We" can be so many things. It was not specified who are we and why February... It can be "two of us" meaning her mother and her... It could be somebody else... I am a native Serbian speaker, but I can't say who " we " refers to...

Regarding the wooden floors and the search to get blood off them, BW bought rugs on his shopping spree perhaps to cover the stains. Keep in mind he is stupid and of course this would be no real solution to the stains.
Another wild guess, or baseless theory: Jan 1 between 1:30 am and 4 am some rugs in the house had blood on them and they had to be hidden in the basement before the babysitter arrived. Babysitter probably noticed the missing rugs so BW tells a story about them being a little tipsy on New Year's eve and spilling something on the carpets so he has taken them away to be washed. New rugs show up from Home Goods Jan 2nd to prevent anyone else from wondering why there are no carpets there.

To me, there are 2 passports. I think the red is a notebook. IDK. I can see hers being out because she flies to DC weekly. Of course she uses a passport instead of a drivers license. I use mine traveling domestically also. So, yes, the question is, who has the other passport out? And obviously this was taken after her dissapearance, and you would think he would hide them.. Or yes, who was leaving the country in the days to come?
The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph|Hardcover
View attachment 396615
View attachment 396616
Those are both US passports, was Ana a US citizen or able to get a US passport or was she traveling on a Serbian passport?

Those are both US passports, was Ana a US citizen or able to get a US passport, or was she traveling on a Serbian passport?
It looks as if Ana was a US citizen, and my guess would be Serbian as well. A Serbian passport is something of burgundy in color. That red thing is a most likely planner or some kind of booklet.

The second part of the correspondence between Ana Walshe and her mother Milanka Ljubičić (from ANA, GDE SI SINE? NIJE MI DOBRO: Potresna ispovest majke nestale Beograđanke, otkrila kako su tekli poslednji razgovori sa ćerkom)

Milanka: "But will I be ready for the flight at 1:30 p.m.; Is it possible the day after tomorrow at 1:30 p.m.; It would be best for me in 7 days; This is too little time for me"
Milanka: "What does ok mean"
Milanka then sent several consecutive messages to her daughter to determine the exact date of her arrival in Washington:
Milanka: "I'm traveling next week. Does that mean? What date does that mean? Let me get organized; The next one is already tomorrow; Is it this one or the next one; That is, after 01.01.2023. At most, so that I can prepare properly around 07.01. would be suitable; It's not my problem to pack, but the medicines and doctors for all that. I'm a chronicler on many issues; I think you understand all this, not that I don't want something. Far from it; Difficult situation."
Ana then called her mother via video call and that conversation lasted 16 seconds, so Milanka returned the call two minutes later. Then they talked for 13 minutes.
An hour later, Milanka asked her daughter about the pressure apparatus, so it is assumed that in those 13 minutes they resolved the final date of arrival, although Milanka did not specify how that conversation went.
Milanka: "Is your blood pressure monitor in Washington, so I don't have to bring one from here?"
Ana answered her mother only after 3 and a half hours, that is, already on December 26.
December 26 (Anna replies at 1:43 am Serbian time)
Ana: "Yes, it is"
Milanka only contacted her daughter again that morning, at 8:53 a.m.
Milanka: "Do you need a PCR test for corona and masks for the trip? In March, I have a vascular check-up. No date has been set. It can also be in the second half of March, only if there is an appointment. He works at the clinic on Tuesdays. I have to be here then. For travel, I like to go via Istanbul. I got used to it a bit.
I'm probably carrying a small suitcase.
Maybe I can go through New York, but I don't know how far is from Washington for you to come by car to pick me up.Please answer these questions?"
Ana again did not respond to her mother's messages for several hours, and finally spoke up, but in a different tone.
Ana: "No need
OK
You may not need to come"
Milanka: "How is that now? What is it now?
Anyway, thank you!"
Ana: "We are making a plan.
Probably for February"
Milanka: "I'm giving up on all that. I can't come. It's too late for me."

Last edited:

I don’t think having a passport readily available necessarily equals preparation for travel abroad or leaving the country. Passports are often used as a valid form of identification. They also come in handy when multiple forms of identification are required for certain things or transactions, and IMO, this sort of thing is not uncommon. Being that we already know she’s been liquidating various assets and acquiring others (which often require more than one form of valid ID), I don’t find the passport being out and about all that unusual.

Last edited:
Having a passport readily available doesn’t necessarily equal preparation for traveling abroad or leaving the country. Passports are often used as a valid form of identification my, which could apply to an ample number of things. They also come in handy when multiple forms of identification are required for certain things or transactions, and IMO, this sort of thing is not uncommon. Being that we already know she’s been liquidating various assets and acquiring others, I don’t find the passport being out and about all that unusual.

I was thinking LE probably asked to see them when she first went missing and they were just left on the counter afterwards because BW was too busy doing internet searches to be bothered putting them away!

I was thinking LE probably asked to see them when she first went missing and they were just left on the counter afterwards because BW was too busy doing internet searches to be bothered putting them away!
Also a very valid possibility!

To me, the fact that the police found her passport there, rather than with her (since she’s supposedly left in a rideshare for DC, right?) seems more suspicious. If she’s been spending 6 days a week in DC, and regularly engaging in various financial transactions, liquidating some assets, acquiring others, and who knows what else, it makes a lot more sense to me that she would have her passport with her, for the moments when she’d potentially need those two forms of ID.

Last edited:
View attachment 396615
View attachment 396616
I'm currently listening to a preliminary hearing for another case involving a missing mom and the husband has been charged with her murder. I'm seeing similar photos in the hearing that are easily explained based on the circumstances: IMO, the passports displayed on the table are likely because BW produced them during the welfare check by police and BW was responding to questions asked by the police. Furthermore, we know that the BW long ago had to surrender his own passport to the court as part of his bail condition and that Ana is a dual citizen of the US and Serbia.

Ana Walshe is now a dual citizen of Serbia and the United States. She still has family members who live in Serbia.

View attachment 396615
View attachment 396616
I agree, I see two passports, and then what simply looks like a little notebook. The book title sounds like Ana… when I scrolled through her Instagram, she had some other titles in there like this one, basically focused on positivity and success… by all accounts, it seems like Ana was a super positive person and was determined to be the master of her own destiny. ♥️ I highly doubt this reading material belonged to her lackluster and seemingly non-aspirational husband… the only aspirations he seemed to have were criminal ones.

Last edited:
JAN 20, 2023

Brian Walshe's Defense Has Wiggle Room to Argue Her Death Wasn't Murder: Experts

[...]

Law&Crime legal analysts say there’s wiggle room in these kinds of cases. They said that while the state’s case for hiding the body appears strong, the defense has wiggle room to argue that Ana’s death was not murder as charged.

An autopsy is used to establish intent, said Julie Rendelman, a New York-based criminal defense lawyer and Law&Crime Network analyst without a connection to the Walshe case. In homicide cases, one of the most important witnesses is the medical examiner, she said.

“So you’re not going to have that here,” she said.

Brian Buckmire, a Brooklyn public defender and Law&Crime Network analyst without a connection to the Walshe case, had a similar take.

“The evidence is bad for Walshe,” he wrote us in an email. “It clearly looks like he disposed of his wife’s body. But maybe, maybe he could get up on the stand and give a reasonable explanation as to why he came across her, and instead of doing the reasonable thing we would all do — call the police — he instead decided to dispose of the body.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back