MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the authorities said they are checking rideshares but haven't been able to confirm anything yet, it reminded me of something I knew from one of my family members who drove as a rideshare operator for awhile - sometimes the drivers turn off the app and provide the ride "privately" so they can be paid in cash on the spot. And, sometimes passengers ask the driver to provide a ride outside of the app - if, say, they changed their mind about exactly where they needed to be dropped off, or if they wanted to pay a different rate than what the app was giving. It is also common among the rideshare drivers to "drive"for multiple providers at one time. Taking rides from both Lyft and Uber at the same time, choosing the most favorable fares.

I agree that it is likely she would want to expense the ride, so this may not apply to her situation. But some different rideshare practices are definitely in place among people who provide rides or take rides frequently, and this may be impacting how easily LE can track down her movements. All JMO.
Certainly could be. Personally, as a woman, traveling alone, especially at 4:30 in the morning from my home, I would never seek a private ride, unless it had been prearranged with a black car limousine through my company. I would feel more comfortable with a straight up Uber or Lyft that could be documented. From the airport, in broad daylight, if there are no Ubers or taxis, I have taken a private car once or twice.

I really really hope that this is voluntary. But with two very young children in the picture...unlikely. IMO.

I think what they meant was that sometimes if an Uber or Lyft driver is picking up the same passenger routinely, like AW since she traveled for work a lot, they may have come to some agreement for her to just call that driver directly instead of going through the App. That way she may pay less or maybe it's that the driver will make more money that way. MOO.
I used Uber for the first time in October when traveling and opted to use Uber Black because why not. Each time I traveled with it, the drivers gave me a business card that would allow me to book them outside the app. I didn’t use it but maybe she was comfortable enough with a driver she started using them. Phone records should be helpful to verify things.

I'm still not convinced she left the home alive and well, under no duress. If there was a problem with a property she managed, what can't be taken care of with a phone call to a contractor? Surely she didn't catch a plane on New Year's Day to personally go and fix someone's broken lock or leaky pipes. Business meetings can happen with Zoom and legal documents can be signed online. MOO

I'm still not convinced she left the home alive and well, under no duress. If there was a problem with a property she managed, what can't be taken care of with a phone call to a contractor? Surely she didn't catch a plane on New Year's Day to personally go and fix someone's broken lock or leaky pipes. Business meetings can happen with Zoom and legal documents can be signed online. MOO
Totally agree - I wonder if the company confirmed she had been called in ? Its just hinky imo

I think what they meant was that sometimes if an Uber or Lyft driver is picking up the same passenger routinely, like AW since she traveled for work a lot, they may have come to some agreement for her to just call that driver directly instead of going through the App. That way she may pay less or maybe it's that the driver will make more money that way. MOO.

This is what I was trying to say in my most recent post, but I stated it in such a long-winded and confusing way. So thank you for this! But yes - arrangements like this are why authorities many not be able to say just yet what her movements were. Is it how I would handle things related to my commute? No, but there are people who do.

Edit to say - this is my experience living in Boston.

This is what I was trying to say in my most recent post, but I stated it in such a long-winded and confusing way. So thank you for this! But yes - arrangements like this are why authorities many not be able to say just yet what her movements were. Is it how I would handle things related to my commute? No, but there are people who do.

Edit to say - this is my experience living in Boston.
Hopefully she has the off book uber type person in her contacts on her phone under uber or such so LE can check -
I am glad the snow to the west today will not hit Cohasset as the k-9's should be back at the house inside and outside this afternoon -
But also I think LE said on the presser that the camera's have not turned up anything - so assuming there are cameras that would pick up a car leaving her area - she likely never left for the airport. JMO

Certainly could be. Personally, as a woman, traveling alone, especially at 4:30 in the morning from my home, I would never seek a private ride, unless it had been prearranged with a black car limousine through my company. I would feel more comfortable with a straight up Uber or Lyft that could be documented. From the airport, in broad daylight, if there are no Ubers or taxis, I have taken a private car once or twice.

I really really hope that this is voluntary. But with two very young children in the picture...unlikely. IMO.
Three very young children, ages 2, 4 & 6.

MOD REMINDER

Stop sleuthing the husband! He’s not been named anything other than that by LE.

If you’re going to reference or discuss a topic, a link to an approved source must be provided. Otherwise, don’t mention it. Screenshots and photos must also be accompanied by a source link. Otherwise your post and any responses to it will be removed.

If you have questions feel free to contact a Mod or Admin privately or utilize the report feature on any post.

Thanks!!
Mad

She looks sad in her eyes. Not in all of her photos but in more than not. The eyes always have it.

moo ymmv

Edit to add: You can fake a smile but you cannot fake it in the eyes.
I have what they call a rather extreme case of resting *witch face, and have had to deal with misconceptions about my mood or tone or whatever, my entire life. So, for that reason alone, I have to heartily disagree that the eyes always have it. Mine *always* look incredibly angry, even when I'm perfectly happy.

The Stop & Shop where state police are searching is located by Chief Justice Cushing Highway, or Route 3A, in Cohasset, Procopio stated in an email to media outlets.

The email advised outlets covering Walshe’s disappearance that are currently staged in the nearby Stop & Shop parking lot to “not encroach into the search area beyond the Stop and Shop location, in order to protect the integrity of the search site, and so as not to interfere with search operations.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay