Found Deceased MA - Anna, 7, autistic, non-verbal, poss riding Bike, Lowell, 9 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was seen by others, in church with her family on Sunday. Then last seen on her bike around 2 ? I think that helps clear her family of suspicion---that is a very short window of opportunity. And with 3 other children, most likely present, there would be too many eyes for someone to get away with anything in that short time.

Sadly, I think she really did wander off on her bike, and may have gone to the river?:(
It sadly sounds like she could have been drawn to the water.
Ugh !

Neighbors, teachers & other community members searching Belvedere section of Lowell alongside police for missing 7-year-old who has autism & is nonverbal. They’ve been calling “Anna” & blowing bubbles in neighborhood close to Merrimack River.

Neighbors, teachers & other community members searching Belvedere section of Lowell alongside police for missing 7-year-old who has autism & is nonverbal. They’ve been calling “Anna” & blowing bubbles in neighborhood close to Merrimack River.
I've never heard of the bubble-blowing.
But it makes sense !
Sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.

If Anna is attracted to the shiny little bubbles she may emerge from hiding -- if she's holed up somewhere ?

But for each hour that passes it seems less hopeful.
Hope I am wrong.
Her poor family.

It looks like she may not have been on her bike and may have been barefoot based on this article.

Edit for typo.

I was wondering....where is her bike??

I live in this city and my daughter works with her mom. She tells me that people were crying at work and there's gonna be a press conference coming around 2:30 today. It was just announced that she was found in the Merrimack Rive. This is a very sad day here in Lowell.

I live in this city and my daughter works with her mom. She tells me that people were crying at work and there's gonna be a press conference coming around 2:30 today. It was just announced that she was found in the Merrimack Rive. This is a very sad day here in Lowell.
:(
Thanks for the heads up. I’m so sorry to hear the sad news.

Oh, little Anna. I'm so sorry.

There are cases that interest me because of intrigue, or maybe location, desire for justice, the victim is relatable.

But every once in awhile a case simply pulls at my heart from the start, and this was one of them.

My condolences to the family, friends, and community. I'm impressed with the way Lowell showed up.

jmo

Found deceased :(

A 7-year-old, identified as Anna, went missing after being last seen on Sunday, July 9 between 2 and 3 p.m. in the area of East Merrimack Street in the Belvidere neighborhood in Lowell, according to the Lowell Police Department.

Her body was found in the Merrimack River around noon on Monday.

Officials do not believe that foul play was involved in her death.

Anna was one lucky little girl to have such a loving family and community. Too many nonverbal autistic kids are not treated well by their families and cross our paths on this website for horrible reasons (off the top of my head I can name the abandoned boy "Cordarius" in Texas and the long-unidentified Cadence Langley), but Anna's disappearance made the news immediately because her family was worried for her. I'm sure they don't feel like it right now, but it sounds like this family did everything right for this special little girl. It sounds like Anna was prone to wandering, the family did the best they could to keep her safe, and they reported her missing the second she took off. So, I'll put the message out there that our hearts are broken for them, they do not deserve this pain, it is not their fault, and we are grateful Anna's short life was spent in the care of a family who loved her so much.

One of my best friends is a school adjustment counselor in Lowell. She works with slightly older kids who have behavioral issues and special needs. This one hits very close to home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax
Back