MA MA - Carol Louise Rodriguez, 29, Spencer, 4 Aug 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Carol Louise Rodriguez[/h]
  • carol_louise_rodriguez_1.jpg
  • Photo taken hours before her disappearance
Rodriguez on the day of her disappearance (August 4, 1973)

• Missing Since 08/04/1973
  • Missing From Spencer, Massachusetts
  • Classification Missing
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 129 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Taupe-colored stockings, white sandals with braided straps and a chunky two-inch heel, possibly a gold locket and chain, and a purple long-sleeved minidress with a gathered waist, a back zipper, a criss-cross V-neck bodice, and Chinese pagodas and other Chinese decorations printed on it. Carrying a white leather rectangular clutch-type bag with a gold-tone closure and clasp.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Rodriguez had blonde highlights in her hair at the time of her disappearance; her hair was cut in a shoulder-length page boy style with long bangs. Her earlobes are pierced one time each. She has a small scar on her right cheek and a scar on the bridge of her nose. She wore tinted round eyeglasses with wire frames and rims, which were probably prescription.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Rodriguez was last seen making a call at a pay phone in the parking lot of Cumberland Farms, which was across the Town Hall Square in Spencer, Massachusetts, on August 4, 1973. She'd argued with the driver of the car she'd been riding in, asked to be let out of the vehicle, and started hitchhiking.

Rodriguez called her roommate to say a person driving a beige sedan would drive her home to Framington, Massachusetts, and she'd be home by 7:00 p.m. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/carol-louise-rodriguez

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23624/

Being From the area, Spenser to Framingham (it’s misspelled as Framington) is a 30 mile straight line. Cumberland farms back in 73 and today are a regional convenience store, a good many include gas stations.

wish there was more information, like how did she know the color of the car unless the ride was already set up. No Uber back in 73...

also, they state the picture was taken that same day or a few hours before?? Who took it and how did it get distributed?

if she called from Spenser from a pay phone that would be more than a 10 cent local call

Just my opinion...at 29...just slightly above the age range you would have seen hitchhiking back in the 70s..

I found a larger version of the picture included with her Charley Project case. I have a few observations,

the man in the photo is older, taller, larger than Carol, wearing a tie and sport coat and visible eye glass case

there is another person out of view, see the hand over the mans shoulder

this looks like an office of some type, notice the charge card display on the right

Carol looks at ease in the photo

I’m thinking of something else but, I won’t go there

Sadly I cannot seem to find anything else on this case. I wonder if Carol had family in the area or if she moved here from out of state

upload_2020-7-7_9-27-31.jpeg

States picture was taken the same day she disappeared but she is described as having a page boy haircut. I googled page boy haircut just to make sure it was what I thought it was. I wouldn’t call the haircut in the photo a page boy cut. Did she get her haircut after the photo was taken and before her disappearance?

States picture was taken the same day she disappeared but she is described as having a page boy haircut. I googled page boy haircut just to make sure it was what I thought it was. I wouldn’t call the haircut in the photo a page boy cut. Did she get her haircut after the photo was taken and before her disappearance?
I think maybe it’s referring to the general cut. I noticed it says “shoulder-length page boy style”. Not really what I pictured either until I saw the shoulder-length part.

There are too many things we don't know... If she attended a wedding, I suppose the easiest way to get a ride would have been asking to other guests, and I think it's not very hard to discover how many of them had a beige sedan.
We can't forget Carol had an argument the driver of the car she'd been riding in, asked to be let out of the vehicle, and started hitchhiking. I don't know if this happened at the place where the wedding was celebrated or while they were returning... So maybe there weren't any guests to ask for help. I think we need more context, because even the dress is confusing: it was described as "a purple long-sleeved minidress with a gathered waist, a back zipper, a criss-cross V-neck bodice, and Chinese pagodas and other Chinese decorations printed on it", but if you look at the photo (that it's said to have been taken that very day) it is more like a Christmas dress.

Last edited:
The picture is from a wedding she had attended that day. I think the two people in the photo are, possibly, her parents.
Hi, I am new to this site, and am fascinated by this case -- could you please tell me how you know the picture of Carol is from a wedding she attended? I really wish there were more information about her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back