MA MA - Donald Sampson, 31, Randolph, 10 December 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article is behind a paywall, but I'm adding a few quotes from it. When people of color go missing, who looks for them?

Donald Sampson was the kind of guy who you could ask for a favor. He would start each morning at his home in Randolph getting his child ready for school. Then he’d spend the day doing things for others, like washing a family member’s car, his sister, Veda Sampson, told MassLive.

Then, on Dec. 12, 2010, Donald went missing. Veda reported her brother’s disappearance to police, who she believes couldn’t see beyond his skin color.

She was told officers believed her brother was on the run, she later recounted to MassLive.

After insisting he was missing, Veda said she was told to seek help elsewhere, at a cost she could not afford. “They did nothing. They told me I had to hire a private investigator.”

Donald has been missing for 11 years.

After 11 years, the Sampson family is wishing someone could give them answers.

“We miss him,” Veda said. “He has a son that he’s been away from for 11 years. And he has a mother that’s in her late 70s that needs closure before she leaves this Earth. He has a sister who tremendously loves him and misses him.”

Veda fears she might never that closure.

“I think that if they would have jumped on this from the time that I went and reported, we might have had some answers by now,” she said. “I think because he was an African American adult with some history of some trouble that they let it slip under the rug and they refused to help me.”

• sampson_donald.jpg
  • sampson_donald2.jpg
  • sampson_donald3.jpg
Sampson, circa 2010
  • Missing Since 12/10/2010
  • Missing From Randolph, Massachusetts
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Age 31 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'1, 165 - 175 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Sampson was bald at the time of his disappearance, and had a mustache and thick, bushy eyebrows. He tends to keep his fingernails longer than normal, and his nose has been previously broken and is unusually large as a result. He has a linear scar on his chest, a tattoo on his chest and a tattoo on his forearm. His nickname is Dee.

Details of Disappearance​

Sampson was last seen in the 200 block of north Main Street near Oak Street in Randolph, Massachusetts on December 10, 2010. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency​

• Randolph Police Department 781-963-1212

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 12, 2021; two pictures added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmpathicWitch
Back