MA - Georgetown Police Searching for Body in Basement

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"On Monday investigators announced they had found three bones that they believe are animal bones.

The FBI and Massachusetts State Police began the search Friday at the home of Peter Haskell, who died at age 85 last month."
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/13/georgetown-massachusetts-home-search-fbi-peter-haskell/

I find this interesting that FBI SPD and Local PD have spent 5 days on what they said was a cold case from the 70's and were there 5 years ago searching as well.
A "cold case" is a case with a case number and a file on it where the investigation ran out of leads.

My guess is that they only found 3 animal bones SO FAR.

I doubt they had a cold case on a missing dog.

Keep diggin'.

MOO

"On Monday investigators announced they had found three bones that they believe are animal bones.

The FBI and Massachusetts State Police began the search Friday at the home of Peter Haskell, who died at age 85 last month."
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/13/georgetown-massachusetts-home-search-fbi-peter-haskell/

I find this interesting that FBI SPD and Local PD have spent 5 days on what they said was a cold case from the 70's and were there 5 years ago searching as well.
A "cold case" is a case with a case number and a file on it where the investigation ran out of leads.

My guess is that they only found 3 animal bones SO FAR.

I doubt they had a cold case on a missing dog.

Keep diggin'.

MOO

I agree. And, it's a bit telling that they did find animal bones. Not many people bury animals in their basement....unless they are in the habit of burying there??? IDK.

I just wish I know what clue they are following.

jmo

someone who went missing while walking their dog? or simply missing along with their dog? We hear about people missing with their pets quite often it seems. I agree, keep digging

One of my clients was a hoarder. Her cat had died in the back bedroom and she hadn't realized it. The remains were discovered after she went into a senior living housing situation. Maybe this is a similar scenario with a pet. IF these happened to be animal....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

One of my clients was a hoarder. Her cat had died in the back bedroom and she hadn't realized it. The remains were discovered after she went into a senior living housing situation. Maybe this is a similar scenario with a pet. IF these happened to be animal....

Yes, that could very well be. I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it, I have heard of that in hoarding cases.

I agree. And, it's a bit telling that they did find animal bones. Not many people bury animals in their basement....unless they are in the habit of burying there??? IDK.

I just wish I know what clue they are following.

jmo

Maybe the neighbor and his barking dog went missing.

Or the person could have been hoarding bones from animals they had eaten. Chicken bones, pig bones etc.

Well this story is on my radar. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if we will have to wait until the bones can be tested to find out if they are human or animal? I can understand why that might be done, but waiting leaves so much time for trying to second guess the whole scenario.
Ghostgirl, I worked as an LPN at a girls summer camp in 2004, outside of Waterville. Beautiful countryside, very nice people.

Any updates on this? I did hear the bones were id'd as animal. I live right near Georgetown so this is super close to home.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The most recent articles I can find are from December 13th.

I wonder if the investigation is still ongoing. After confirmation bones sent for testing are animal, I would think they would come to the conclusion, there is no need for further digging, or, if LE finds the bones are from a missing pet, make certain a missing person is or isn't also there.

Wow and that one kid was from Revere and they found a revere soccer shirt at the house. I grew up in that area and had never heard of this but it's a little (not much) before my time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back