Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I generally agree with the plausibility of what you've said overall, you're drastically underestimating the traffic and particularly the bus traffic and suh. Here are many more buses per day than you've said. I took them for years.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_m...ction=O&timing=W&RedisplayTime=Redisplay+Time

The 449 adds a handful more each day.

Also people don't clam at kings beach. Plenty of people walking by fisherman's, but perhaps a bit less than kings. Much greater visibility by vehicular traffic overall (but your mention of the left side of he fish house is a good one) at fisherman's than at kings.

Thank you for pointing that out. There are buses after 7PM that run once/hour, and I believe the outbound bus is the same as the inbound bus, yes? So chances of two buses being in that area at the same time are not likely. So my thinking is since there is no bus stop directly at that point (checked the interactive map on the schedule) the bus would not absolutely certainly, but could possibly be traveling in not congested traffic, and therefore moving at a reasonable, perhaps consistent speed. Let's say 30mph (typical residential speed limit)? So what then are the chances of a bus driver or passenger seeing someone in the dark in that alleyway, on the sand, or in the water, messing with a dory, saying WTH, and calling the police?

Agreed-there are fewer people walking Fisherman's because people who "walk the beach" at LSD, Red Rock, King's beach encounter land in the form of Red Rock Bistro, Anthony's Hawthorne By-The-Sea, etc., which lends support to the possibility of there being fewer people at Fisherman's on a cold, wet, foggy, rainy night after 7PM. Her last call for help was about 6:45, yes? So I would expect any activity to be at least after 7PM.

Correct-people don't clam directly at King's Beach because the sewage outwash increases the bacterial count there. It might actually be against the law in that spot.

Any suggestion on how to check the Swampscott police log to see if anyone called in a report of suspicious activity at Fisherman's the night of November 6?

So here I am just a few miles north of there - we have had 6 feet of snow in like 17 days. We are expecting another 12- 20 inches this weekend. Our Governor has called out the National Guard to help catch up. They have people and equipment so they absolutely can get the job done.

So this is what we got:

(wicked pissa)

(canisaythat?lolsry)

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/feb/11/army-soldiers-singing-here-comes-the-sun/

I feel like I am in good hands. :laughing:

Same here; I'm only a couple miles north. The massive trucks have not yet come to haul the snow away, but I'm hoping they do so before EOD Saturday.

And yeah, you can say wicked pissa. :)

Thank you for pointing that out. There are buses after 7PM that run once/hour, and I believe the outbound bus is the same as the inbound bus, yes? So chances of two buses being in that area at the same time are not likely. So my thinking is since there is no bus stop directly at that point (checked the interactive map on the schedule) the bus would not absolutely certainly, but could possibly be traveling in not congested traffic, and therefore moving at a reasonable, perhaps consistent speed. Let's say 30mph (typical residential speed limit)? So what then are the chances of a bus driver or passenger seeing someone in the dark in that alleyway, on the sand, or in the water, messing with a dory, saying WTH, and calling the police?

Agreed-there are fewer people walking Fisherman's because people who "walk the beach" at LSD, Red Rock, King's beach encounter land in the form of Red Rock Bistro, Anthony's Hawthorne By-The-Sea, etc., which lends support to the possibility of there being fewer people at Fisherman's on a cold, wet, foggy, rainy night after 7PM. Her last call for help was about 6:45, yes? So I would expect any activity to be at least after 7PM.

Correct-people don't clam directly at King's Beach because the sewage outwash increases the bacterial count there. It might actually be against the law in that spot.

Any suggestion on how to check the Swampscott police log to see if anyone called in a report of suspicious activity at Fisherman's the night of November 6?

There is a bus stop right in front of the parking area at fisherman's.

There is a bus stop right in front of the parking area at fisherman's.

I have been feeling Ocean. lizzi Marriott comes to mind, but I do not think the tides are so strong there. One would need a boat to go out further?

You like myself have had the same thought.

Jaimees dad Steven

I have a hard time believing what any of these media outlets report regarding what was said or found because they keep changing the wording around. First it was "this guy" and now it's "a registered Level 3 sex offender". I'm sure she didn't say to her friend "I'm with this level 3 sex offender and..." And I agree. It's a little too late to try and be all secretive about his identity now.

No one knew he was r,s.o until 2 days after she went missing. I was the first to find out on Saturday night, right before I went to his house.

No one knew he was r,s.o until 2 days after she went missing. I was the first to find out on Saturday night, right before I went to his house.

Is this Steven, Michelle, or Alyssa?

I am so sorry for your lost.... Have there been any updates?? Has the autopsy report come back yet?

Is this Steven, Michelle, or Alyssa?

I am so sorry for your lost.... Have there been any updates?? Has the autopsy report come back yet?

this is Steven,

the report has not come back yet. other than a large hole in her skull I think it is going to hard for them to find a cause of death. The M.E's office will not tell us anything. they will not tell us if her arms or legs are there.

anyone ever heard of the Diatom test? the M.E's office says they don't know about that test. if they don't do it I would like to get it done myself.

this is Steven,

the report has not come back yet. other than a large hole in her skull I think it is going to hard for them to find a cause of death. The M.E's office will not tell us anything. they will not tell us if her arms or legs are there.

anyone ever heard of the Diatom test? the M.E's office says they don't know about that test. if they don't do it I would like to get it done myself.

So sorry for your loss!

I just quickly read this http://omicsonline.org/diatom-finge...death-in-drowning-cases-2157-7145.1000207.pdf

So, would the absence of diatoms mean she did not drown?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for joining Websleuths. My name is Tricia Griffith. I am co-owner of Websleuths.com

Steven, we have a process we ask members to go through so we can verify they are who they say they are. If we didn't do this then anyone could come on this thread and claim to be Jamie's brother, sister, or anyone connected to her case.
If you would like to become a verified insider please read this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

All your information will remain strictly confidential.

If you have any questions please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.comj

Take Care,
Tricia

this is Steven,

this is Steven,

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your family's loss. :(

Hmm two possibilities, I guess: One look up and see if the archives of the Swampscott Reporter (local paper) has archives going back that far, or request them directly from the Swampscott PD, I guess. I am not sure of other sources. MAYBE the Lynn Item (other local newspaper).

Hmm two possibilities, I guess: One look up and see if the archives of the Swampscott Reporter (local paper) has archives going back that far, or request them directly from the Swampscott PD, I guess. I am not sure of other sources. MAYBE the Lynn Item (other local newspaper).

I would hope the local P.D has already checked for that day

With all due respect, that is not actually what the article says. It says:

"A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said authorities consider the sex offender a suspect in Mendez’s disappearance."

To me, that's the same thing as quoting a "source close to blah blah blah". No LE official has been named as actually saying this, as far as I know. Unless I've missed something (and that's entirely possible).

Even we are confused about this.

In my personal opinion there has been a LOT of skewed reporting on this case. Poster Elizabella mentioned it upthread somewhere and I agree 100%. It's been SO hard to follow "just the facts" as a result of this kind of speculation & edited (and re-re-re-edited news reports). All of us here want the truth, the facts, and justice served, not someone's idea of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221