GUILTY MA - Jassy Correia, 23, last seen at club Venu, phone shut off, Boston, 24 Feb 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hitting on another woman the day after he murdered one, with her body still in his house? Yeah this guy's a predator. If he's responsible for those other murders that DNA is on file for he's never getting out of federal prison even if they don't get the death penalty for him.

If they know they have him for other capital offenses they may opt not to seek the death penalty for the first one since it's easier to get a conviction.

Tentative trial date set for Providence man accused of murder, kidnapping | WPRI.com

The judge in the case against a Providence man accused of kidnapping and murdering a Boston woman has set a tentative trial date for early 2022, but that could move if federal prosecutors decide to pursue the death penalty.

In a hearing Thursday afternoon, U.S. District Judge Dennis Saylor set Feb. 28 for the trial of Louis Coleman. In agreeing to the date Dennis Hoose, one of Coleman’s court-appointed attorneys, said “all bets are off” if the government decided to make it a capital case.

Judge Saylor said he “would be somewhat surprised if the case went capital.”

Tentative trial date set for Providence man accused of murder, kidnapping | WPRI.com

The judge in the case against a Providence man accused of kidnapping and murdering a Boston woman has set a tentative trial date for early 2022, but that could move if federal prosecutors decide to pursue the death penalty.

In a hearing Thursday afternoon, U.S. District Judge Dennis Saylor set Feb. 28 for the trial of Louis Coleman. In agreeing to the date Dennis Hoose, one of Coleman’s court-appointed attorneys, said “all bets are off” if the government decided to make it a capital case.

Judge Saylor said he “would be somewhat surprised if the case went capital.”

Thanks for posting this. I think about this case often. It kind of haunts me. I know many are against the Death Penalty, and I usually hesitate, but this is one case that I would ELATED to see him get the DP. Too bad they wait years on Death Row before execution. He deserves it immediately if not sooner. Yes, I’m bitter, I know. Something about this one really got to me.
JMO

Prosecutors have until Sept. to decide if they will seek death penalty in case against Louis Coleman III
More at link
Prosecutors have until September to decide if they will seek the death penalty in the federal case against Louis D. Coleman III, the Providence man accused of kidnapping and killing 23-year-old Jassy Correia.

Coleman was indicted on federal charges after allegedly kidnapping and killing Correia hours after she celebrated her birthday at a Boston nightclub in 2019. His trial is set to begin on Feb. 28, 2022 in federal court in Boston, and he faces a sentence of death or life in prison.

In a July 20 court filing, Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV, chief justice for Massachusetts, wrote that in order to ensure orderly pre-trial preparation, federal prosecutors are ordered to state in writing whether they intend to seek the death penalty on or before September 10.

“The government has not yet indicated whether it intends to seek the death penalty in this case, which will substantially affect jury empanelment and the conduct of trial,” the court says.

Thanks for posting this. I think about this case often. It kind of haunts me. I know many are against the Death Penalty, and I usually hesitate, but this is one case that I would ELATED to see him get the DP. Too bad they wait years on Death Row before execution. He deserves it immediately if not sooner. Yes, I’m bitter, I know. Something about this one really got to me.
JMO

Yup. There really isn't a question of who did this. It was brutal. My only caution would be to hope they dig around and see what else he has done. I would be very surprised if this was the only serious crime against another person. :(

JMO
Agreed. ^^^
Very brutal and it's possible the perp has committed other crimes.
Imo.

KATIE MULVANEY | THE PROVIDENCE JOURNAL | 1 hour ago
“BOSTON -- Federal prosecutors will not seek the death penalty against Louis D. Coleman III, the Providence man accused in 2019 of abducting a woman outside a Boston nightclub whose body was found days later in his car trunk.

[SBM]

Lawyers for Coleman this week filed a sweeping motion to suppress evidence, including cellphone and computer records. They argue investigators seized those items without probable cause in violation of Coleman's rights.

Coleman also seeks the suppression of warrantless real-time tracking of his location throughout the February 2019 investigation.

Video captured Coleman, 35, carrying Correia’s limp, half-naked body into 95 Chestnut St., in Providence, where he lived in apartment 602, investigators said.

While Correia was never spotted exiting the building, Coleman was seen struggling to put a new suitcase into the trunk of his car, authorities have said.

[SBM]

If convicted, he will face a mandatory life sentence.“
Feds won't seek death in Providence man's 2019 murder, abduction case

KATIE MULVANEY | THE PROVIDENCE JOURNAL | 1 hour ago
“BOSTON -- Federal prosecutors will not seek the death penalty against Louis D. Coleman III, the Providence man accused in 2019 of abducting a woman outside a Boston nightclub whose body was found days later in his car trunk.

[SBM]

Lawyers for Coleman this week filed a sweeping motion to suppress evidence, including cellphone and computer records. They argue investigators seized those items without probable cause in violation of Coleman's rights.

Coleman also seeks the suppression of warrantless real-time tracking of his location throughout the February 2019 investigation.

Video captured Coleman, 35, carrying Correia’s limp, half-naked body into 95 Chestnut St., in Providence, where he lived in apartment 602, investigators said.

While Correia was never spotted exiting the building, Coleman was seen struggling to put a new suitcase into the trunk of his car, authorities have said.

[SBM]

If convicted, he will face a mandatory life sentence.“
Feds won't seek death in Providence man's 2019 murder, abduction case
bbm
Unbelievable.
But let's protect his rights by suppressing evidence.
MOO.

by: Tim White, Eli Sherman : Dec 27, 2022 rbbm
''PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – Federal prosecutors are calling on Louis Coleman to pay more than a half million dollars in restitution to the daughter of the woman he kidnapped, murdered and stuffed in his trunk in 2019.

A new court filing shows federal prosecutors are asking a judge to order the convicted Providence man to pay more than $632,000, most of it for Jassy Correia’s daughter, who was two years old when Coleman murdered her mother.

The amount represents restitution for “financial losses to the victim’s daughter, for the victim’s funeral expenses, and for the victim’s family’s court travel costs,” argued the prosecutors from the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Investigators said Coleman kidnapped Correia from outside a Boston nightclub in February 2019. He later killed her and wasn’t arrested until Delaware police pulled him over and discovered Correia’s body inside the truck of his car.''

''In the legal filing, prosecutors acknowledged that Coleman will likely never be able to pay restitution while spending the rest of his life in prison, calling it “largely symbolic.”

But they noted the order would “assure that if the defendant comes into financial good fortunate, those funds can be claimed for the benefit of Jassy’s daughter.” As an example, the prosecutors pointed to Boston Marathon Bombing case in which terrorist Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was ordered to pay more than $1 million in restitution to his victims.
“While this was likewise a ‘largely symbolic’ restitution award, when Tsarnaev received a COVID-19 relief payment, the government was able to request that payment be applied to restitution for the benefit of victims,” prosecutors argued in the Coleman case.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070
Back