Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact: September 16, 1977
NamUs Case Created: April 2, 2018

Last Known Location Map

County: Plymouth County
Missing From Tribal Land: Unknown
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Left family vehicle to wait on Pleasant Street for the 7:05 AM bus. Had work that morning at the Knapp Shoe store.

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue
Eye Description--

Investigating Agencies​

CASE OWNER

Massachusetts State Police Unresolved Cases Unit​

Address218 South Main Street Fall River, Massachusetts 02721
CountyBristol County
Main Phone(508) 328-7593
General Email--
Website URL--

Agency Case Number2024-UCU-17

Quote from a news Article in 2011 which mentioned Judy:

“When the skull and other human bones were found alongside Shovel Shop Pond in April of 2010, many locals thought of Judy Bleiler, a resident of the Unionville section of town, who was 18 years old when she disappeared on a morning 33 years ago after her mother dropped her off in Brockton to catch a bus for her job at Knapp Shoe.

Judy Bleiler has never been found.”

Link: Shadows

From The Patriot Ledger (17 April 2010):
Judith Bleiler opened her mother’s car door and walked onto Pleasant Street in Brockton to catch the 7:05 a.m. bus for work at Knapp Shoe.
“I want to know,” said her sister, Virginia Lynch. “It doesn’t put closure to what may have happened to her, but at least it puts closure to the fact that we would have a body.”
Lynch’s mother, Molly Bleiler, had hoped to learn where Judith was and what happened to her before she died.
Mrs. Bleiler died three years ago at age 83.

Googling Judith's name I found a Classmates page that might have her picture from '74 from high school (Oliver Ames HS). I don't have access to the site though.

Judith Bleiler opened her mother’s car door and walked onto Pleasant Street in Brockton to catch the 7:05 a.m. bus for work at Knapp Shoe.
“I want to know,” said her sister, Virginia Lynch. “It doesn’t put closure to what may have happened to her, but at least it puts closure to the fact that we would have a body.”
Lynch’s mother, Molly Bleiler, had hoped to learn where Judith was and what happened to her before she died.

Googling Judith's name I found a Classmates page that might have her picture from '74 from high school (Oliver Ames HS). I don't have access to the site though.

I saw that as well. I checked the 1974 years book on my account but haven’t been able to find her photo. She is mentioned as attending the school between 1972-1976. She graduated the year prior to her disappearance

Last edited:
Do we know if she ever got on the bus?
I wish there was a photo available.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members