MA - Justice for Officer John O’Keefe * NO DISCUSSION * media, timelines, docs * NO DISCUSSION *

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Please No Discussion - This thread is about justice for Officer John O’Keefe

Post media, videos, documents, maps, timelines, etc., only.

For the most part justice for Officer O’Keefe’s has been forgotten and this thread is a little something to seek the justice he deserves - keep track of information - keep focus on Officer O’Keefe.

Officer O’Keefe and his loved ones are victims and I want to treat them with kindness and respect.

A little about, Officer O’Keefe, a 16 year veteran of the Boston Police Department, was born and raised in Braintree.
He graduated from Braintree High School, and went on to study at Northeastern University.
He received his master’s degree in criminal justice from the University of MA.

Officer O'Keefe's was the guardian of his niece and nephew.
He was a loved son, brother, uncle and friend.

Officer O'Keefe was only 46 years old at the time of his death.

moo

1721478006877.png
Boston Police Officer John O'Keefe. (Photo credit: Boston Police)

BRAINTREE (CBS) - Hundreds of people lined up for hours on a frigid Sunday afternoon to attend the wake of Officer John O'Keefe in Braintree. The wake was held at St. Francis of Assisi Church.

Officer O'Keefe was 46 years old and a 16-year veteran of the Boston Police Department.

On Sunday, many of his fellow officers, along with Boston Mayor Michelle Wu, were in attendance for the wake.

"I have never seen so many people, I'm going to start crying, pay their respects," said longtime Braintree resident Grace Walling. "He was well-loved, well-liked, by all."

O'Keefe was found dead on the morning of January 29, just as the blizzard was moving through the area. Investigators said he was laying in the snow in front of a home in Canton.

February 6, 2022

1721478545735.png
Boston police officer John O'Keefe, a Braintree native, was found dead outside a Canton home in the middle of a nor'easter on Jan. 29, 2022. His funeral was at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Braintree on Monday, Feb. 7, 2022.
Greg Derr/The Patriot Ledger

2/7/2022

“She stated that she dropped the victim off. She made a three-point turn in the street and left — did not see the victim in the house,” prosecutor Adam Lally said, according to WCVB.

Jun 10th, 2022

“John’s dead; I wonder if he’s dead,” Read allegedly told one of her friends during a 5 a.m. call, according to WBTS. “It’s snowing; he got hit by a plow.”

The friend referenced by WCVB reportedly offered to drive Read to look for O’Keefe because Read was “too hysterical to drive.” The friend, a woman, drove Read using Read’s own car. During the trip, Read allegedly said, “Could I have hit him? Did I hit him?” according to WCVB’s accounts of previous court proceedings and court paperwork.

When speaking in court during an earlier stage of the proceedings, prosecutors characterized Read’s comments to a paramedic who responded to the scene as some form of an admission: “I hit him, I hit him, I hit him, I hit him,” Read allegedly said, as Lally put it.

Read’s lawyer said his client was in shock and distraught over O’Keefe’s death, which he said was an accident. Defense attorney David Yannetti told the newspaper he thought prosecutors had rushed to charge Read because the victim was a politically connected cop.

“Manslaughter is a tremendous reach in this case,” Yannetti reportedly said in court. “I don’t see any criminal intent … this was my client’s boyfriend, somebody with whom she was in love.”

Updated Feb. 3, 2022

1721479722091.png

William Read says his daughter told him she thought she “struck something” while she was at Good Samaritan Hospital in Brockton, where O’Keefe was pronounced dead.

The father denied that Karen Read thought she struck O’Keefe.

“No, no, no,” William Read said. “She felt she struck something. She said: ‘Dad, I think I struck something.’ I said, ‘What do you mean?’ This was in the hospital, she says, ‘I remember backing up and hitting something, but I can’t say what it was’ and at this point, she’s frantic.”

August 08, 2023

“She was just pacing down the hallway, asking what could’ve happened,” the niece testified in court. “She said, ‘Maybe I did something.’ Later, she said, ‘Maybe a snowplow hit him.’”

May 29, 2024

Read woke the niece on the night O’Keefe died and asked that she contact people to inquire about O’Keefe’s whereabouts. In an interview with Norfolk Advocates for Children, the niece "indicated ... that the defendant changed her story several times while speaking to Ms. McCabe on the phone, with initially the defendant stating that she and the victim got into an argument and she dropped him off," said a statement of case filed in the case and obtained by Inside Edition Digital. The niece also said Read was “screaming and acting frantic” that morning.

On the stand Tuesday, the niece said she saw Read when she came to pick up some things after O’Keefe’s body had been discovered. The niece testified that Read said "she was living a nightmare." Read then left the home and never saw or contacted the nephew or niece ever again, both testified on Tuesday.

4:20 p.m. update: O’Keefe did not show signs of a physical fight, medical examiner says​

Prosecutor Adam Lally asked Dr. Irini Scordi-Bello if she had seen any indications of a physical altercation during her autopsy on John O’Keefe, and she said she did not.

• Jun. 20, 2024

1:06 p.m. update: Guarino says defense analysis of phone data is incorrect​

Prosecutor Adam Lally asked Trooper Nicholas Guarino who in his office was able to perform cellphone extractions and he said some were able to but usually he is the only one that does them. He said it was not possible for other officers to have deleted data from the Cellebrite reports, as the defense has suggested.

Guarino said when defense investigator Rick Green performed an extraction on Jennifer McCabe’s cellphone in April 2023 and found the 2:27 a.m. Google search for “hos long to die in cold,” he went back to the extraction he had performed to determine why it hadn’t shown up.

“I didn’t really go through the phones much when we first got them. I don’t know everything about the case, the investigators do,” he said. “When I got his report I went through it. I went step by step. He said this happened, I went to confirm it. If it didn’t, I needed to figure out what happened.”

He said he determined, with the help of digital forensics experts, that Green was using an updated version of Cellebrite and that was why the artifact from 2:27 a.m. had shown up for Green, but not in the original extraction.

However, he said, he determined that this was not the accurate time of the search, and that it had been performed at 6:23 a.m. as McCabe had told police.

“It’s physically impossible to search two things at once, and she’s searching for her daughter’s basketball at 2:27,” he said.

• Jun. 20, 2024

10:32 a.m. update: GPS data shows O’Keefe never entered the house at 34 Fairview Road​

Massachusetts State Police Detective Nicholas Guarino returned to the stand shortly before 9:30 a.m. On Monday, Guarino testified about text messages between Karen Read and John O’Keefe.

Prosecutor Adam Lally introduced new exhibits for Guarino’s testimony Thursday, a call log between Read and witness Kerry Roberts, a chat log between O’Keefe and Chris Albert, a full chat report for Read’s cellphone with all of the witnesses in the case from Jan. 29, 2022 onward and a call log from O’Keefe’s cell phone.

Guarino read messages between Read and Laura Sullivan just after 1 p.m. on Jan. 29, after Sullivan texted Read asking her to call her. Read told Sullivan O’Keefe was dead, and that he had been found outside in the snow at 5 a.m.

• Jun. 20, 2024

January 29, 2022 – the night John O'Keefe died​

Shortly after midnight: Karen Read, John O'Keefe and a group of friends went to the Waterfall Bar and Grill in Canton on the night of January 28, 2022. According to prosecutors, Read consumed several alcoholic beverages. Read drove O'Keefe to the home of Boston police officer Brian Albert. That is where police said people from the bar were meeting back up.

1 a.m.: Court documents later revealed that in the weeks before and even the hours leading up to the night out, text messages between Read and O'Keefe as well as voicemails showed a strained relationship. Investigators said that around 1 a.m. on January 29, Read allegedly left O'Keefe a voicemail that said "...you are a f------ loser, f--- yourself" and "John, I f------ hate you."

4-5 a.m. – At 4:23 a.m. while heavy snow was falling, O'Keefe's niece called Jennifer McCabe, Brian Albert's sister-in-law and a friend of O'Keefe's. She said Read was "distraught" because O'Keefe had not come home and was not answering his cellphone. According to court documents, McCabe said she heard Read screaming "John didn't come home. We had a fight." Around 5 a.m. Read called another woman whose husband was friends with O'Keefe. Prosecutors alleged that Read said while they searched "What if he's dead? What if a plow hit him? … I don't remember anything from last night, we drank so much I don't remember anything."

Updated on: July 18, 2024

July 3, 2024

Full interview: John O’Keefe’s brother speaks out for first time following Karen Read mistrial​

For the first time, John O’Keefe’s brother Paul is speaking about Karen Read and what his family has gone through during the high-profile case that ended in a mistrial.

July 5, 2024

Brother of John O'Keefe speaks out about Karen Read mistrial​

Paul O'Keefe, brother of the late John O'Keefe, is speaking out following the Karen Read murder trial, which ended this week with a hung jury.

August 22, 2023

Accused slain cop's girlfriend maintains innocence | Nightline​

Karen Read, the woman charged with killing Officer John O'Keefe in January 2022, speaks with "Nightline" and maintains she had no part in his death.

August 7, 2023

Parents of Karen Read, woman charged in Boston officer’s death: ‘My daughter will be free’​

The parents of a woman charged in a Boston Police officer’s death say they’re confident in their daughter’s innocence as her legal fight continues.

July 24, 2023

New questions emerge surrounding ‘Taillight Murder’​

A Massachusetts woman who’s charged with murdering her boyfriend, Boston police officer John O'Keefe, alleges that it was a cover-up. Dateline's Dennis Murphy sits down for an exclusive interview with Karen Read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back