MA - Kathleen McLean, 45, murdered, Dover, 14 May 2020 *doctor/husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another article which contains an interesting quote from a neighbor. Putting together things from the victim's social media with this neighbor's comment in the article, it appears the married couple were perhaps recently estranged or having marital trouble. They had only been married about a year.

Her body was found in a pond in a wooded area a half a mile away from the home they at one time shared. A LE source said they are not looking for a murder weapon.

Renowned Doctor Charged With Murdering His Wife in Dover

Edit to add: details of the location of her body

Last edited:
Another article which contains an interesting quote from a neighbor. Putting together things from the victim's social media with this neighbor's comment in the article, it appears the married couple were perhaps recently estranged or having marital trouble. They had only been married about a year.

Her body was found in a wooded area a half a mile away from the home they at one time shared.

Renowned Doctor Charged With Murdering His Wife in Dover
So sick of these cases! It seems like it's always the husband/boyfriend/significant other.

I just have to say.............how well do these women know their future husband before they marry? She probably did but he's likely a sociopath so it would not have mattered how well she knew him. Surgeons sometimes have huge egos.

A lot of the original news articles are being updated this evening. Along with info about the illegal billing scheme he was caught doing last year, it's coming out that he was terminated from his position with Steward Health Care in February.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/17/bosto...killing-wife-allegedly-abused-her-for-months/

Boston surgeon accused of killing wife allegedly abused her for months

“Ingolf Tuerk, 58, was already facing charges that he repeatedly attacked Kathleen McLean, 45, before he was taken into custody for her murder Saturday, The Boston Globe reported.

But earlier this month, the couple seemed to have reconciled, with McLean asking for a restraining order she’d secured against Tuerk to be vacated and saying she didn’t want to pursue criminal charges.

“I feel safe and would like to bring my family back together with my husband,” McLean wrote in a May 2 court affidavit obtained by the paper.

“My goal is to salvage our family including reuniting with my husband as father and stepfather to my children.

The former head of urology at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton is the father of two teenage boys who live with his ex-wife. McLean, a Reiki master and teacher, has three children who live with their father.“

This guy must be on coke or something....he’s seriously, off the charts violent.

From above link:

“The slow deterioration of his career as doctor and surgeon is when he started getting more violent,” Larry Corcoran, a friend of McLean’s, told the paper.

According to the February police report, McLean told cops that she and Tuerk had gotten into an argument the previous December while they were in bed — and that he slammed her head into the headboard and then used one hand to strangle her, while covering her nose and mouth with the other.

“McLean stated that she felt like ‘she had trouble breathing and thought she was going to die’ and ‘everything went black,’” according to the police report. “During the incident she screamed and one of her kids heard her.”

McLean told cops that in January, Tuerk picked her up and threw her to the ground during an argument and that she hit the floor so hard, her shoes were knocked off, according to the police report.

After both alleged incidents, Tuerk told McLean he loved her.

In another “bizarre” incident, Tuerk picked up a pair of scissors, and told her, “I’m the king of this castle… you are only a guest,” McLean said, according to the report.

He then cut off a piece of her hair and sliced McLean’s hand as she tried to stop him, the report said.

McLean also told cops that Tuerk would track her location using her iPhone.”

This is so, so sad. I am not an expert in domestic violence by any means but I have read that when there has been a previous choking incident between two parties the risk that the victim will be eventually killed by the abuser goes way, way up.

Who reported her missing? I have checked several news articles but have not found an answer to this question.

I haven't seen the answer to this reported. Because she had three children who apparently lived with her at least part-time (see the NY Post article for info on that) you'd think her disappearance could not have gone unnoticed for long.

I don't know why, but part of what I find disturbing about this was that she was never publicized as a missing person until she was discovered murdered. I recognize that this is because LE must have already known exactly what happened to her, but it still makes me sad.

She was a Reiki Master which means she was an energy healer, I believe? Maybe this lovely woman tried to help her husband when they first got together. This is the saddest, saddest case. I will bet she was a lovely woman. I really feel terrible for her family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back