MA - Kathleen McLean, 45, murdered, Dover, 14 May 2020 *doctor/husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you're ever not sure that the Daily Mail is accurate, all of the details in the article above are also bring reported by local stations this morning. What an entirely evil person he is!

For those who don't have time to read, she was reported missing by the person who killed her. He killed her on Thursday and reported her missing on Friday, while in a hotel and preparing to commit suicide evidently. Edit to say: some articles say Tuerk reported her missing, others that it was a different man, an ex-husband. So this point is not entirely clear yet.

He confessed to everything but in his arraignment yesterday pleaded not guilty.

Does anyone else find his text message to their mutual friend, which was entered as evidence, absolutely chilling? Prominent Boston Doctor Admitted to Strangling Wife to Death, Dumping Body in Pond: Prosecutors

Last edited:
If you're ever not sure that the Daily Mail is accurate, all of the details in the article above are also bring reported by local stations this morning. What an entirely evil person he is!

Does anyone else find his text message to their mutual friend, which was entered as evidence, absolutely chilling? Prominent Boston Doctor Admitted to Strangling Wife to Death, Dumping Body in Pond: Prosecutors

I skimmed the article when I posted it but totally missed the text....yes, he sure sounds like an a$$. Blame the wife, of course.....jerk.

Here is the text:

Curt I am sorry brother but she is a vindictive devil, she played us all, I am really sorry brother, but she manipulated us all, love you Harry," the text read, according to authorities.“

I skimmed the article when I posted it but totally missed the text....yes, he sure sounds like an a$$. Blame the wife, of course.....jerk.

Here is the text:

Curt I am sorry brother but she is a vindictive devil, she played us all, I am really sorry brother, but she manipulated us all, love you Harry," the text read, according to authorities.“
At least he was stupid enough to dump her body nearby and now he’s caught
JMO

Who reported her missing? I have checked several news articles but have not found an answer to this question.

"Dedham police on Friday received a phone call from a man who said his 'ex-wife,' McLean, was missing. The man, who later turned out to be Tuerk, said he believed McLean was located at the Residence Inn hotel in Dedham. Tuerk told police nobody had seen his wife since she was inside their home at 1am on Friday."

Star surgeon, 58, 'confessed to strangling his wife to death in drunken row, dumping body in a pond' | Daily Mail Online

I think I see how reporters were getting the question of who notified police mixed up...looks like when Tuerk called he referred to her as an ex-wife, which she wasn't. Was he pretending to be one of her ex-husbands to conceal his identity? It's so odd that he told LE she might be at the Residence Inn since that's where he actually was. Perhaps he already planned to try suicide and wanted them to find him.

Here is the text:

It's always the woman's fault isn't it? He is the innocent wounded by her manipulation. She had filed a restraining order against him but revoked it. Tells me she was already being abused.

I can tell you that if he settled a lawsuit with Medicare for $150,000, he probably is accused of 10X that amount of fraudulent billing. These guys know the rules. They just never think the rules apply to them.

I sincerely hope he spends many years in prison and is only released as an old man.

I think I see how reporters were getting the question of who notified police mixed up...looks like when Tuerk called he referred to her as an ex-wife, which she wasn't. Was he pretending to be one of her ex-husbands to conceal his identity? It's so odd that he told LE she might be at the Residence Inn since that's where he actually was. Perhaps he already planned to try suicide and wanted them to find him.

Maybe he thought by sending LE to the Residence Inn where he was "attempting" suicide he thought they would rescue him and his despair would buy him leniency from the court. He would have a darn good idea what would be a sub-lethal dose of medication. Seems utterly calculating and self-serving.

He wanted to set up his own defense before they found her body.

Calculating awful abusive man.

Also. If he is convicted of Medicare fraud, he is removed from the Medicare program. This essentially renders him unable to work in anything but perhaps the prison system or Native American health services. I'm not sure if he could be employed by the VA system. So his career is over.

He brought all this on himself because of greed. I work with people like this. There's never enough. Even though he's thought of as a great surgeon, all he's thinking about is buying another condo complex or a bigger house in Aspen, or a bigger boat, or that really cute new nurse.

His utter greed brought all this upon himself. I'm sure the chaos and sanctions of his fraud conviction must be causing a huge stress for him. So he choses to take it out on his wife. Then fakes a suicide attempt.

I expect a vigorous defense will be exhibited. That will cost $$$$. But it should not save him from serving time as a killer, an abuser, a cheat. I hope he has a long term that leaves him an old and infirm man.

Just for the sake of clarity, I wanted to post a link to one of the most recent news stories:. Ingolf Tuerk, a well-known surgeon, allegedly confessed to killing his wife | Boston.com

I think the Daily Mail article above that asserted Tuerk reported her missing was wrong.

The timeline is like this:

Thursday night, before 1 am on Friday: Kathleen is murdered, Tuerk drives her to a nearby property he knows is empty, puts rocks in her pockets and submerges her in a pond.

Friday, 4 am: Tuerk sends their mutual friend the crazy text about the victim bring a "vindictive devil." Concerned, the friend starts passing along the disturbing text among many mutual friends and the feeling grows that Kathleen may be hurt. One of these people who receives the troubling text is Kathleen's ex-husband (not named in the report, she has at least two not including Tuerk who she is still married to). This man alerts police that something may be wrong.

Sometime Friday: Police discover that both Kathleen and Tuerk's vehicles are located at a Residence Inn in nearby Dedham, MA. Some articles say this intelligence was provided by Kathleen's ex. Police receive no answer when they knock on the door to the room rented by Tuerk. The get a key from management and find him inside with multiple cuts, scratches, and potentially overdosing. He's taken to the hospital.

They resume searching for Kathleen to no avail.

Saturday: Tuerk regains consciousness and admits killing her and putting her in a pond. He provides instructions on how to find her. Her body is recovered at 11 pm.

Last edited:
Ingolf Tuerk, a well-known surgeon, allegedly confessed to killing his wife | Boston.com

"They’d been drinking, and an argument broke out, he said. That carried over to their upstairs bedroom, and he told police that McLean had hit him in the head with what he believes was a glass."
[...]
"McLean wasn’t wearing a shirt, and authorities found rocks in her pants."
She must have gone upstairs to the bedroom to get away from him. If her shirt was off, perhaps she was preparing to go to bed.

If you want to get a gander at him, here's a YouTube video from 2012, from the same article. He arrives at the medical center entrance aboard his Harley.

I know this man. Throw all the bitterness you want at him, he is still a human being. He'll serve his time and may see freedom in his mid-80s. Better to offer up prayers for us all than to curse the darkness.

May 2024
The case of a Dover doctor accused in the 2020 murder of his wife returns to court again on Monday as he seeks to get rid of his defense attorney and represent himself against the charge at trial.

Tuerk’s trial date has been set four times and rescheduled. The trial is now set for November 18th.

According to the court docket, Tuerck filed a “motion to discharge his attorney and to Act Prose” on May 7, seeking to represent himself against the murder charge.

Wow, Michael Proctor's unprofessionalism has such far-reaching and unfortunate consequences. So sad that people who are obviously guilty are going to use this to try to get away with their crimes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back