Found Deceased MA - Kim Kelly-Oberhauser, 56, Lowell, 18 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The presence of divers in the river Thursday also begs the (recurring) question as to where the vehicle entered the water. If they were looking for something that was dislodged when the car went in the river, would they be looking in that spot by the boathouse? I feel like there would be more physical evidence at the point of entry than the spot where it was pulled out. Or did a diver drop something during the vehicle recovery process? Either way, unless it was very heavy, I'm guessing it has shifted location due to currents.

That would imply to me that they thought there was something pertaining to the car left behind on the initial recovery, maybe?

That would imply to me that they thought there was something pertaining to the car left behind on the initial recovery, maybe?
The divers were further across the river and about a half a football field closer to the bridge from where the car was recovered. My friend and I wondered if there had been a boat in the water earlier in the day using sonar. This could be why we witnessed the boat go directly to this one spot and send in 2 divers.

The divers were further across the river and about a half a football field closer to the bridge from where the car was recovered. My friend and I wondered if there had been a boat in the water earlier in the day using sonar. This could be why we witnessed the boat go directly to this one spot and send in 2 divers.

That would make sense. I know I've seen the sonar boat used in other cases, like the woman who went into the water in Chelmsford last year and was recovered in Lowell.

Found:

Body of woman missing since January recovered from Merrimack River

LOWELL, Mass. —

The body of a woman who has been missing since January was recovered from the Merrimack River this week, investigators said.

A body recovered from the Merrimack River on Tuesday has been identified as Kimberly Kelly-Oberhauser, 56, of Lowell.
Thank you for posting. I was just checking in and going to post when I saw you had already. Not the outcome everyone was praying for but will bring some closure.

According to the article, the remains were found at Raven's Bluff, which is about 7 miles downriver from where her car was recovered. Google Maps
Ugh! I know that area. That's not far from where Moses Harris was found last month after going in the Concord River in Lowell (which feeds into the Merrimack).
This is so sad. I was really starting to believe that she wasn't in that car. It's possible that she came out through the moonroof (intentionally or unintentionally) but that would be hard to do. I assume that the ME will do a thorough autopsy.
I feel badly for her family, friends and coworkers. Her friends really seemed to have her back and this must be surprising and devastating to them and for her son. I didn't know Kim but we both attended the same college in the mid 80's and I've been following this closely.
RIP Kim. I wish things could have turned out better for you.

Odd, the location mentioned in the most recent article is farther down the river than where the first news article said it was (145 Pawtucket St.). My daughter is at UMass Lowell and I had heard from her that a body had been found right near the bridge by campus (there was concern that it could be a student), so I think the Pawtucket St. location first mentioned is correct. There was a young man's body found in the Andover area last month, I'm wondering if they mixed up the locations in the most recent article. Very sad news.

Oh wait, no, I'm incorrect. Kim was found on Tuesday in the Andover area, and the body in the river near Pawtucket St. was found on Wednesday and is a man (not identified yet). Two people found in the Merrimack in two days. Wow.

Body of missing Lowell woman recovered from Merrimack River in Andover

Lynn Gervais-Smith, a close friend of Kelly-Oberhauser, released a statement about Thursday’s tragic news, describing Kelly-Oberhauser as “thoughtful, kind and generous,” “always giving to others,” and a proud and loving mother.

“To those that knew and loved Kimberly, this is a very sad tragedy,” Gervais-Smith said in the statement. “She was devoted to her family, friends, and her fur babies (she had multiple pet dogs). She went out of her way to help people. If you were lucky enough to be her friend, you had a friend forever. She was honest and caring, and expected the same in return.

Obituaries Notices

Friends will be received at the O’DONNELL FUNERAL HOME 276 PAWTUCKET ST. in LOWELL on Monday May 3, 2021 for her Memorial Visitation from 4 to 7 P.M. (All state required social distancing procedures will be observed including the wearing of masks upon entrance into the funeral home.) Her Funeral Services will be held privately for the family. E-condolences/directions at www.odonnellfuneralhome.com. Those wishing may make contributions in her memory to Lowell Humane Society, 951 Broadway St., Lowell, MA 01854. Arrangements by Funeral Director James F. O’Donnell, Jr. (978) 458-8768.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local
Back