MA - Lindsay Clancy, Strangled 3 Children in Murder/Suicide Attempt, Duxbury, Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The reference may be alluding to the complaint filed by the Yates family against the psychiatrist due to the dosage of Effexor he prescribed.

Effexor is not an antipsychotic.

Another psychiatrist disputed that claim stating “Saeed's greatest error was taking Yates off the antipsychotic drug Haldol two weeks before she killed her children.”

That suggests the exact opposite of what the poster claimed, which was that the antipsychotic made things worse. That's why I'm confused.

Effexor is not an antipsychotic.

That suggests the exact opposite of what the poster claimed, which was that the antipsychotic made things worse. That's why I'm confused.
No, Effexor is not an anti-psychotic. Never said it was. The OP mentioned the Yates case complaint and you asked for a link. As I posted, OP may have been alluding to the complaint I referenced. In the reference, a different psych felt the issue with Yates was being removed from Haldol.

I don’t think you are confused.

No, Effexor is not an anti-psychotic. Never said it was. The OP mentioned the Yates case complaint and you asked for a link. As I posted, OP may have been alluding to the complaint I referenced. In the reference, a different psych felt the issue with Yates was being removed from Haldol.

I don’t think you are confused.

I snipped the OP's post because I'm asking for this: "One psychiatrist noted that the cocktail of anti-psychotic drugs she was prescribed was like throwing gasoline on a roaring fire in terms of her psychotic symptoms"

If anyone has the above, that's the link I'd like to see. The suggestion from an expert that the antipsychotics made her worse. Otherwise, I don't believe it to be fact.

I snipped the OP's post because I'm asking for this: "One psychiatrist noted that the cocktail of anti-psychotic drugs she was prescribed was like throwing gasoline on a roaring fire in terms of her psychotic symptoms"

If anyone has the above, that's the link I'd like to see. The suggestion from an expert that the antipsychotics made her worse. Otherwise, I don't believe it to be fact.
I’m intrigued by your intrigue with this one. While we wait for the OP to come back and answer, maybe this?

Finally, she received a drug cocktail containing an antipsychotic agent. The medication was apparently effective, but Andrea believed she had been given “truth serum”, which caused her to lose control of herself.

The term 'anti-psychotic drugs', I believe, has been used to mean there was likely an anti-psychotic or two prescribed at some point, not a combination of only anti-psychotic drugs.
That is how I read it.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member