Found Deceased MA - Mark Brunelle, 59, Bellingham, 23 Feb 2021, *may have been in Woonsocket, RI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Bellingham police search for missing man | ABC6

154577825_2366382803506920_4938021188431781969_n.jpg

Bellingham police are searching for a man who was last seen on Tuesday.
  • Mark Brunelle, 59, was last seen at his residence on Feb 23 around 2 p.m.
  • Police believe Mark may have been in Woonsocket, R.I., before his disappearance.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the Bellingham Police Department.

Bellingham MA Police | Facebook
Mark may have last been in Woonsocket, RI on Wednesday.

Finding Mark Brunelle - private FB group.

I haven't joined, but a quick search of his name on FB brings up lots of messages/comments of people who are concerned about Mark. I hope they're successful in their attempts to locate him. It appears they're widening their search efforts and asking for volunteers to help find him. On his FB, Mark mentions being addicted to FB Marketplace. I hope he didn't meet with foul play as a result of a supposed transaction. I've got him and his loved ones in my prayers.

MAR 11, 2021
Police search for Mark Brunelle, Bellingham man missing since February (boston25news.com)
[...]

His daughters say Mark left his apartment after telling his roommate that he was going to drop off his laundry with a cleaning service.

At about 1:30 p.m., a home video surveillance camera captured an image of Mark’s vehicle near the Blackstone Gorge, which is a park in neighboring Blackstone, which sits next to the powerful Blackstone River.

Eventually, Mark’s vehicle was found parked at his self-storage unit in Woonsocket, RI, about five miles away from the Blackstone Gorge. Mark’s cellphone was recovered from inside his vehicle.

[...]

There have been searches conducted in and around the Woonsocket, RI storage unit, the Blackstone Gorge, and other places that were important to him, but not a trace of what happened to Mark Brunelle has turned up.

[...]

In January 2013, Mark’s son ... committed suicide.

The daughters tell me Mark was struggling with the loss, but they are quick to add that he knew how to handle that emotional pain, and who to call. They don’t believe their brother’s suicide factors into their father’s disappearance.

They say that Mark had recently been diagnosed with Covid-19, and was at the tail end of the illness when he disappeared. However, he told a family member he was still feeling lethargic the day before he vanished.

Nicole and Mariah both agree that Mark was looking forward to scheduled family trips in 2021 to Florida and Alaska and that his spirits were mostly high.

[...]

I wasn't aware that the family brought in PI's. I may have missed it. Either way, that's good news - the more eyes, the better. MOO

From the article:

The missing man’s two daughters, who have hired private detectives to assist in the case, come into the Bellingham police station regularly. Members of the department have known the Brunelle family for quite some time, Ranieri [Bellingham police Lt.] noted.

“We have no indication at this point - you can speculate - but there’s no indication that there was foul play as of right now,” Ranieri said.

Family searches for answers in mystery of missing Bellingham man
Ranieri said Brunelle learned he had COVID-19 on Feb. 11 and had just about finished his quarantine around the time he vanished. At some point, Ranieri said Brunelle had a conversation about his having the virus with the owner of the building, who wasn't comfortable with having someone who tested positive in the building.

While police do not believe any sort of foul play is at work in Brunelle's disappearance, apparently the landlord didn't want Brunelle in the apartment, according to Ranieri.

According to local police, Mark is still missing. I live in this area and I just found out about this today even though he’s been missing for 30+ days. I’m also new to this forum so hopefully I’m posting this in the correct place!

Does anyone think it’s odd they found his car at a self-storage but they haven’t mentioned any video of who was driving the car or where that person went? I thought (and maybe I’m wrong here) that storage facilities had cameras everywhere.

I hope something turns up soon so the family can have some closure.

According to Google, there are at least two different storage facilities in Woonsocket, RI.

Was his car found locked or unlocked? Were any other of his belongings found in the car besides his phone? Car/home keys? Wallet? When did he rent the storage unit? Did he move out of his apartment and put his belongings into storage?

It’s the storage facility on Privilege Road about 5 miles from the gorge. I see in some reports that his truck was AT the storage unit and some say it was IN the storage unit...BIG difference. Phone was found plugged in the charger in the truck, I haven’t seen any mention at all about keys and wallet.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2021-4-27_21-41-57.jpeg
59 yr old, male
5’8”
175lbs
Gray hair, short salt & Pepper hair color
possible scruffy facial hair or clean shaven
Brown eyes

Tattoos:
Mark has multiple tattoos Left upper arm - American Flag and New ENglan Patriots tattoos Left Chest - Boston Bruins tattoo Right Chest - Native American and Wolf Tattoo extending to his right shoulder/upper arm Back of neck down to shoulder blades on his back - Large (aprox - 6 inch) Cross Neck - the name LUKE above his cross tattoo Below his cross tattoo - Initials L.C.S.B.

Circumstances of Disappearance
He was seen at his residence in Bellingham on Tuesday, February 23rd around 12pm.

Mark may have last been in Woonsocket, RI.

His truck was found parked in a private storage rental area in Woonsocket, RI.

Note:
NamUs has ‘last seen location’ as Woonsocket, RI
but his residence is shared as being in Bellingham (which is MA, correct??)

We Help The Missing

Yeah, Bellingham MA, the area code is 508, and both Bellingham PD and Woonsocket PD are listed as involved.

the "private storage facility" appears to be his home. Not a rent-a-space facility. Both cars are accounted for so he's either on foot or is in someone else's car.

either way I have a bad feeling about this, reminds me of the Jesse Crookston case.

We Help The Missing

the "private storage facility" appears to be his home. Not a rent-a-space facility.”

I don’t think the storage locker is his apartment. He’s recently (at least within the past couple of years) divorced, so it would make sense if he went from a house to an apartment that he would also have a storage locker.

I have a bad feeling about this case, too. Something just doesn’t add up. I don’t see how he can be gone of his own accord and the private investigators not be able to find SOMETHING on him.

MOD NOTE:

Websleuths requires direct links for info posted as fact, and they must come from MSM (mainstream media) or LE (law enforcement). FB links must be from MSM or LE. Family social media links are not permitted to preserve their privacy. Thanks for your efforts to follow these Terms of Seevice we all agreed to when we joined WS.

Family: Body of Bellingham man, missing since February, found in Uxbridge river

The search for a missing Bellingham man is over.

On Monday, Bowen and other family members of Brunelle gathered to announce the sad discovery.

According to Bowen, the 59-year-old's body was discovered Saturday by a group of kayakers in an Uxbridge river.

Brunelle's family said while they still don't know how he got from Woonsocket to the river in Uxbridge, they are grateful to those who found him.

"We have him now," said Brunelle's sister, Stacey White. "We still need the answers of what happened to him."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back