MA MA - Molly Bish, 16, Warren, 27 Jun 2000

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like he is doing better:
http://www.masslive.com/republican/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-9/118275574094260.xml&coll=1

Bish dad's heart eyed
Monday, June 25, 2007By JEANETTE DeFORGEjdforge@repub.com

The family of John J. Bish, the father of a murder victim and activist for child safety, said doctors have discovered a defect in his mitral valve leading to his heart may have brought on the serious stroke he suffered June 15.

"He is doing better; he had to heal for them (doctors) to go ahead with the replacement of the valve," said his wife, Magdalen M. Bish, in a phone interview from her husband's hospital room at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester

I had the tv on in the background and caught the last end of a Fox news report about LE looking into a man's background to see if he's responsible for her abduction.

He looked just like the sketch. I didn't hear who he was or why they are looking at him. I think they even interviewed her mom. I'm sure they'll be more today.

lilacwine, I just saw your update and I'll go read that now!

Welcome, and thanks for posting the link.

Wow, this lead sounds like a great one. This is from lilacwine's link above:

Abduction suspect resembles sketch from Molly Bish case

August 8, 2007
WORCESTER, Mass. --A man charged with trying to abduct a young woman last month resembles the sketch of a man seen near the spot where Molly Bish disappeared more than seven years ago, giving investigators a new lead in one of the state's most notorious unsolved deaths.

Robert Burno Jr., 54, was arrested Tuesday and charged with the attempted abduction July 21 in Brimfield.
"There are a lot of similarities between Mr. Burno and the sketch of the person who was seen in Warren the day before Molly Bish's abduction," Tim Connolly, a spokesman for Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr., said Wednesday. "We continue to follow all leads in the Bish case, and this appears to be a lead."
Connolly stressed that no connection between Burno and Bish has been established.

I am praying that they finally have a lead that will bring some justice and closure to Mollys family.. so they can finally put and end to all the searching and wondering after so many years. And maybe then Mollys spirit can finally be at peace.

It really looks like him. I wonder if the creep in the picture "smokes" since the man in the sketch does?

It really looks like him. I wonder if the creep in the picture "smokes" since the man in the sketch does?

That's a great question, mum.

Did they recover cig butts from where Molly was taken? I thought I remembered hearing that, but it could have been another case. If they were able to find something like that, maybe they can get DNA from it.

They just talked abt this on Greta. Molly's mother mentioned there was another girl murdered, still unsolved, in that area a few years before Molly.
His receding hair line is quit extensive in comparison to the sketch.

But until a child, or a child's remains, are found, searching families are left suspended "between hell and hope," says Magdalen Bish of West Warren, mother of 16-year-old murder victim Molly Bish, whose 2000 abduction from nearby Comins Pond galvanized one of the largest kidnapped-child manhunts in Massachusetts history. Molly's remains were found three years later, 5 miles from her home. (No arrests have been made.) "If you find out your child is dead," says Bish, 56, a first-grade teacher, "your hope is lost, but your hell has ended, because you don't have to worry that anyone is harming them."

~ snip ~

Families of cold-case missing children go on missing them - long after the press and public have lost interest - and, in the end, only finding the child or the child's remains can put to rest their searching and waiting.

"You never get to say goodbye, you know," says Magdalen Bish, mother of the Massachusetts girl whose remains were found. "When Molly came home, we just had her 26 bones. We held her skull. We touched her bones, because we needed to say goodbye, but it wasn't the Molly that we knew."

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2008/02/03/return_to_me/?page=2

The local 11:00 news just reminded me that today is the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Molly Bish. Police reported that in the past year they have responded to 100 leads in the Bish case and are focused on two POIs who have not been identified in the past . Sounds promising, I think.

I can't believe it's been 8 years! Geez. I'm hoping, with everything I am, that Molly's loved ones can see this "resolved".

That is good news hmg. I hope there will be justice for Molly.

The local 11:00 news just reminded me that today is the 8th anniversary of the disappearance of Molly Bish. Police reported that in the past year they have responded to 100 leads in the Bish case and are focused on two POIs who have not been identified in the past . Sounds promising, I think.

I so hope they get 'em.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back