DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bpdnews.com - The Boston Police Department's Virtual Community

SUSPECT

AMBROSE1.jpg
AMBROSE2.jpg

bpdnews.com - The Boston Police Department's Virtual Community

UPDATE:
The Boston Police Department is seeking the public’s help to identify the male in the photos above in connection to the investigation into missing person Olivia Ambrose who was last seen in the area of 25 Union Street in Downtown Boston on Saturday, January 19, 2019. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video and marked a timeline of events and locations in the areas of both Downtown Boston and Charlestown in hopes of better understanding the facts and circumstances surrounding Olivia Ambrose’s disappearance.

• 11:04 PM: Ms. Ambrose is seen leaving a bar located at 25 Union Street (Hennessy’s) with a white male who has since been determined to not be involved in her disappearance.

• 11:42 PM: Approximately 40 minutes later, two unknown males are observed inviting Ms. Ambrose to walk with them in the area of Congress Street and State Street. One of the males appears to walk ahead while the second male places his arm around Ms. Ambrose and directs her towards the State Street MBTA Station.

• 12:01 AM: Approximately 20 minutes later, additional video shows Ms. Ambrose being accompanied by that same male, still with his arm around her, exiting the Bunker Hill Community MBTA Station in Charlestown. The other male party is no longer observed in any surveillance video moving forward.

• 12:13 AM: Approximately 10 minutes later, Ms. Ambrose and the unknown male are observed again in the area of Green Street walking together towards Bartlett Street. A short time later, phone records indicate Ms. Ambrose’s phone was in the general area of the Bunker Hill Housing Development.
Olivia Ambrose is described as a 23-year-old white female, about 5’2” tall, with blue eyes and curly brown hair. She was last seen wearing a red corduroy dress under a long white and grey coat.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Olivia Ambrose is advised to contact 9-1-1 or District A-1 (Downtown) Detectives at (617) 343-4248.

yes, finally all the images seem to be removed from twitter.

it may seem counter-intuitive to people to not get the pictures out there, but im going to trust the BPD on this.

it makes me hopeful that they already know exactly who they are looking for and possibly this could have a relatively happy ending.

they had no problem publishing the photo of the guy she left the bar with right away, they specifically chose not to publish the photos of these two men. im going to trust they have good reason not to.
Ditto-

Wait- didn't you just post a few minutes ago saying to get the images off the internet, that they shouldn't be on here and elsewhere, only to post them again? I am not criticizing here, but this is odd that another poster, who meant well, posted the same guy and felt the need to remove their post.
Official source- and this is not the image that was on twitter

Wait- didn't you just post a few minutes ago saying to get the images off the internet, that they shouldn't be on here and elsewhere, only to post them again? I am not criticizing here, but this is odd that another poster, who meant well, posted the same guy and felt the need to remove their post.
These were issued directly from BPD! I think BPD initially asked for all photos unreleased by them to be removed from the internet.... I could be wrong.

I'm so happy these photos are clear. Hoping they find him fast.

the request to not post the images came directly from the boston police department - i posted the request right from them on this thread.

when they changed their stance and publicly posted them on their official website i then posted them here.

you will note that the police did not release the image that was originally posted on twitter and here, i believe i know why they chose not to release that one but i wont speculate. as far as i can tell it is still their position that they do not want that one picture out there, or any picture that they dont release themselves.

Official source- and this is not the image that was on twitter
Yes I know that they are different. Just questioning how minutes before it was a bit on the chastising side that the Twitter photo was commented and kindly removed- even though it was of no fault of anyone on here that it was posted on Twitter. Minutes later, new link provided by BPD of the same man, different photos by that same poster, lol. I realize BPD is an official link and such, but so wasn't the other one as well, correct?

my first thought: it was an insanely cold/wet night. he looks incredibly underdressed.

Anyone else think the POI looks feminine? I see zero facial hair and something about the full length photo screams woman living as a man to me. I could be crazy.

Yes I know that they are different. Just questioning how minutes before it was a bit on the chastising side that the Twitter photo was commented and kindly removed- even though it was of no fault of anyone on here that it was posted on Twitter. Minutes later, new link provided by BPD of the same man, different photos by that same poster, lol. I realize BPD is an official link and such, but so wasn't the other one as well, correct?

nothing i said was meant to chastise anyone, i apologize if it was taken that way. it was simply to let people know that for some reason the police didnt want the images released, it seemed important to abide by that.

edit - and no, the first image was not a BPD link

Anyone else think the POI looks feminine? I see zero facial hair and something about the full length photo screams woman living as a man to me. I could be crazy.
I thought the same thing--the close up picture is a little more masculine looking, but that far away one...As soon as I saw it I did a double take and wondered if it was a woman.

To be honest, after I saw the photos that have since been deleted, and especially the first one in the BPD link, looks male to me. Just my opinion, but honestly, you could be on to something here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel
Back