VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@scooperon7

How much would you pay to own the most famous ceiling fan in America? as we await closing arguments In the Karen Read murder trial in Dedham this morning

1719333913040.png

Karen Reads attorney Alan Jackson with a message to the jury…”you were lied to…investigators built a tall blue wall…it’s us vs.them..say with your verdict I will never look the other way…Karen Read is innocent”

Prosecutor Adam Lally delivering his closing argument in Karen Read murder trial tells the jury to remember her words at the scene…”I hit him,I hit him,I hit him…oh my god I hit him”
1719333978107.png

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
I wonder if there's a chance they came under their own steam? I was assuming that the O'Keefe's wanted them there (because denial) but perhaps they just showed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didn't know anything about how the victim family feels about Karen or anyone else involved.
Neither do I

But I don't think it is crazy to think they might have gone in thinking 'law enforcement got the right person yay' to 'what the hell did Brian Albert/Colin Albert/Brian Higgins/Chloe do this'

It's all just so messed up

Brian Albert is on camera during the entirety of Alan Jackson's closing. I find myself watching him very closely. Lots of explanations for him looking very uncomfortable, but I know what my explanation of that is...
He would not stop fidgeting and jutting his neck in different directions during defense closing. He was also rolling his eyes. It was incredibly distracting.

@BienickWCVB

The judge says they must not consider the fact that Read chose not to testify nor even discuss it during deliberations.

Judge explains second-degree murder: 1/ defendant caused a death 2/ intended to do so, intended to serious harm, or did something that a reasonable person would know created strong likelihood of death. (This is more than negligence.)

Vehicular manslaughter while under the influence: 1/ operated motor vehicle 2/ drove on public roads 3/ under the influence of alcohol with BAC of 0.08% or greater 4 / drove wantonly or recklessly 5/ caused death.

Last edited:
Brian Albert, Jen McCabe, Colin Albert and Kerry Roberts remain seated with the O'Keefe family. By inviting them here, the O'Keefe's may be sending a signal to the jury about whose story they believe.

That courtroom is so tiny, it may have been the only place for them to sit. It looks to me like they were strategic about which family members to send. They probably knew how many chairs they were given permission to fill.

IMO MOO

Ah what do I do? My nation’s football* team has an important match against Slovenia which starts in two hours, but if I watch it I might miss the verdict!

* the type of football where the ball is played mainly with the player’s feet :cool:

@JHall7news

Judge Cannone tells jurors Karen Read has an absolute right to not testify.Tells jurors they can't hold that against her. She runs down the charges: 1/ 2nd degree murder 2/ manslaughter while driving drunk 3/ leaving the scene of an accident/crash causing serious injury or death

1719335056713.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member