VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have some links to people saying this was a slam dunk? I have seen zero of that and it's not for lack of looking. TIA

I might’ve said that or something quite similar to that. I really did think that the medical testimony and the engineering testimony were so persuasive and so exculpatory that we might get a rapid acquittal. Clearly, I was over-confident.

Last edited:
@149Zone7

I think the jury will have a verdict today. Fridays we often see jury’s accelerate their work. Remember this has taken them away from their family, jobs, and friends. They have spent weeks listening and not able to talk about the case with anyone. Now they have spent days talking, listening, deciding and voting on someone’s fate. But, they are I’m sure ready to get back to their lives.

1719579729413.png

7:08 AM · Jun 28, 2024

No expert, but it actually looks like a bug bite to me. Possibly infected.

Possibly an infected spider bite.

Seems typical of this ME that in her testimony she revelaled no curioisity about this odd little wound just like her looking the other way in regard to the arm wounds, which we all know now are beyond reasonable doubt the marks left by a dog's claws and teeth. It's a joke to me that the ME claimed to be independent under oath...well maybe she technically is but in that case she is a really incompetent ME.Moo Quelle surprise when reviewing the levels of incompetence and corruption uncovered during this case. Moo

Do you have some links to people saying this was a slam dunk? I have seen zero of that and it's not for lack of looking. TIA
I watch a few legal commentators on YT etc. and while there are varying opinions one thing most agree on is that the threshold of reasonable doubt has been proved by defense thru each witness. It is far from a "slam dunk" in terms of what exactly happened but with that much doubt the verdict to me seems clear. They are no doubt doing step by step...witness by witness which I think all parties deserve.

@BienickWCVB

The judge and jury enter.

The judge thanks the jurors "for getting here promptly". She asks her standard three questions about not getting any outside info about the case. The judge sends the jury into deliberations.

Couple of them smile at each other. The others keep their heads down and file out quickly.

9:09 AM · Jun 28, 2024

Seems typical of this ME that in her testimony she revelaled no curioisity about this odd little wound just like her looking the other way in regard to the arm wounds, which we all know now are beyond reasonable doubt the marks left by a dog's claws and teeth. It's a joke to me that the ME claimed to be independent under oath...well maybe she technically is but in that case she is a really incompetent ME.Moo Quelle surprise when reviewing the levels of incompetence and corruption uncovered during this case. Moo
the evasive answers by that ME were very telling. Called by CW to bolster their case but she knew that really her findings did not do that. Hard position to be in....she tap danced a lot.

Things to discuss today as we wait for a verdict:
1) If JOK’s body was found on a vacant lot on the same street under the same conditions, (lethal wound to the back of the head, strange injuries to his arm, etc) would there have been an immediate theory by investigators that this was a vehicular homicide?

2) If you awoke to find police, fire, EMS, on your front lawn removing a body would you have wandered outside to see what the heck was going on? Wouldn’t you worry something might have happened to one of your kids/relatives/friends who had all been drinking in your house the night before? Or would you have just sat back thinking, “Oh, just another day in the neighborhood”?

@SueNBCBoston

The jurors are more dressed up than usual.

Female juror who usually wears sneakers or flats wearing dress shoes.One wearing a professional dress.Foreman wearing a collared shirt.

I simply refuse to believe that there will not be a verdict today...I am hoping this morning as have to leave later. Was this lets sleep on it and now doing the form? Something will happen today. They don't want to come back next week .

@SueNBCBoston

The jurors are more dressed up than usual.

Female juror who usually wears sneakers or flats wearing dress shoes.One wearing a professional dress.Foreman wearing a collared shirt.

This tells me that it is indeed verdict day. By lunch or maybe just after, if the food is really good.

Also, the traditional view usually is that if the jury comes back quickly, then that is good for the prosecution, but if the jury takes longer, then that is a good signal for the defense. I eschewed the traditional view in my commentary, but now I'm retreating back to it.
I get that for sure. It's so easy to forget that the defense were not the prosecution in this case and vice versa. The roles are reversed and to me that is completely nuts and reflects so poorly on the cw that it defies rational understanding.jmo.

Underneath, my anger at the cw for even bringing this case to trial doesn't abate, though I redirect some of it towards the judge who had the opportunity to right matters by accepting defense's motion for a directed verdict. She chose to eschew that opportunity. Jmo

This tells me that it is indeed verdict day. By lunch or maybe just after, if the food is really good.
there is some channel that has a feed from outside with the Free Karen people gathering. It seems multiple sources in courthouse confirmed that jury is really dressed for a verdict today...if they are confident enough to dress for verdict then I think and hope it is this morning. No notes so far probably indicates they are making progress. That verdict form while confusing is just a few checks if that.

I get that for sure. It's so easy to forget that the defense were not the prosecution in this case and vice versa. The roles are reversed and to me that is completely nuts and reflects so poorly on the cw that it defies rational understanding.jmo.

Underneath, my anger at the cw for even bringing this case to trial doesn't abate, though I redirect some of it towards the judge who had the opportunity to right matters by accepting defense's motion for a directed verdict. She chose to eschew that opportunity. Jmo
at the point where so many resources have been used including all the court time I have never seen a directed verdict agreed to by a judge. Judge would really make some headlines by doing that.

@149Zone7

I think the jury will have a verdict today. Fridays we often see jury’s accelerate their work. Remember this has taken them away from their family, jobs, and friends. They have spent weeks listening and not able to talk about the case with anyone. Now they have spent days talking, listening, deciding and voting on someone’s fate. But, they are I’m sure ready to get back to their lives.

View attachment 513928

7:08 AM · Jun 28, 2024
Those chairs look so archaic and uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980