VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought...I believe the judge gave the jury that option.....to
continue to deliberate whilst having lunch....so possibly they want to wrap up today.

Wondering if they have the option to continue to deliberate past the 4 PM
stop time.......MOO
they do have that option but one juror needs to leave at 4pm

I’m one of the nuts that thinks she could get a guilty on the lesser charges. Which ever way it goes, the jury didn’t miss a thing and I respect their decision and judgement.
Right - that could totally happen. Juries are unpredictable. While I personally think she’s NG, I also recognize that the jury could possibly see things differently than I do.

just reading the room..what do you guys think?

Eh... my impression of the room today is that the ceiling fan is getting a lot of air time. I rate the fan as being more qualified than most of the CW's team of 'experts' and probably marginally more interesting to watch than Lally.

I'm still keeping the live link open in case anything exciting happens, like earlier when Judge Cannone had fisticuffs with Alan Jackson and then took a swipe at Karen Read. That bit was excellent.

Edit - Seriously every follower of this trial ought to receive a complementary shirt:

KR Fan.jpg

Last edited:
I’m one of the nuts that thinks she could get a guilty on the lesser charges. Which ever way it goes, the jury didn’t miss a thing and I respect their decision and judgement.
If the jury did find her guilty of the lesser charges, that would require them to somehow conclude that all of the medical testimony and all of the engineering testimony was superfluous or erroneous.

Last edited:
Eh... my impression of the room today is that the ceiling fan is getting a lot of air time. I rate the fan as being more qualified than most of the CW's team of 'experts' and probably marginally more interesting to watch than Lally.

I'm still keeping the live link open in case anything exciting happens, like earlier when Judge Cannone had fisticuffs with Alan Jackson and then took a swipe at Karen Read. That bit was excellent.
That ceiling fan is the unsung hero of the Karen Read trial.

The defense's experts made it so very clear that he was not hit by a vehicle, at all, ever.

But I keep seeing people online saying "I think she hit him but it was an accident."

It makes me so depressed that so many people lack critical thinking skills in our world.
Yeah I’ve seen a fair amount of criticism for Jackson focusing on the conspiracy angle in closing arguments and I don’t understand that at all…

Jackson pretty much removed all doubt in my eyes. KR didn’t hit him, JO wasn’t even hit by a car. With that being the case and all medical testimony, car data, location/timeline information, accident reconstruction testimony, etc. supporting the fact that KR did not do this, how else do you approach things like the taillight evidence? There is no innocent or reasonable explanation.

Perhaps the glass being thrown which is a fine, yet ultimately not quite supported by evidence, theory but I wouldn’t rest my whole case on that. Physical evidence, at the crime scene, with the victims DNA on it (regardless of how little touch DNA would be relevant here) that matches the defendant’s car was always going to be a sticking point for someone on the jury. Jackson needed to give an explanation and he did an excellent tying it together and highlighting all the other troubling behavior. A coverup is no longer a crazy conspiracy theory but the one theory that actually fits with the evidence, MOO.

Well with 30 min. notice to be given for verdict and one juror needing to depart at 4pm if something coming today should be soon. I hope it is today as KR and her family have been thru this long enough and each night must be torture.

I don't think that there had to necessarily be a conspiracy for Karen to not hit JOK with her car and he die by some other means. It seems to me, and just my speculation, that Jackson got the FBI documents inferred what he thought they were doing with the investigation and wanted to have a singular easy to digest narrative for reasonable doubt

It still blows my mind that the CW took a man with a dog bitten arm and a hole in the back of his head, and an SUV with a cracked tail light, and somehow put two and two together and found that the SUV must have reversed into the 220 pound man at high speed, propelling him 30 feet through the air (with murderous intent!) without breaking a single bone in his body or causing ANY bruising, and without damaging the SUV.

Then also claiming that he lay undiscovered in front of a house full of police officers for SIX HOURS, in full view of every occupant in that house, plus various cars, other witnesses and one particularly alert snow plough driver who did six passes, and not one of them managed to spot him.

And this case somehow made it all the way to court. Crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member