VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense's experts made it so very clear that he was not hit by a vehicle, at all, ever.

But I keep seeing people online saying "I think she hit him but it was an accident."

It makes me so depressed that so many people lack critical thinking skills in our world.
I believe the FBI hired experts, but don’t think people who choose not to believe them lack critical thinking skills. I’m never so sure that I am correct that I denigrate people who disagree with me. I suggest a little humility is good for everyone.

just reading the room..what do you guys think?
Not Guilty, but would not be surprised if more over-arched curveballs come with.
That ceiling fan is the unsung hero of the Karen Read trial.
I want to know who's idea it was to use this shot in the interim. Like...who was sitting at a meeting and discussed this etc. It cracks me up every time! Although, nothing is funny about why we're all so invested in a ceiling fan.

If the jury did find her guilty of the lesser charges, that would require them to somehow conclude that all of the medical testimony and all of the engineering testimony was superfluous or erroneous.
Not all of it. I’m not one that puts much stock in expert testimony, for me it comes down to evidence.Tail light pieces are around John’s body, his phone remaining in the same area and her actions would throw all else out the door for me. Of course they will have to decide if the pieces were planted and the rest for them selves. I’m not getting into a debate about it, there’s hundreds of pages of that…..just how my brain works, I don’t like a lot of noise so remove that and get to the basics.

Eh... my impression of the room today is that the ceiling fan is getting a lot of air time. I rate the fan as being more qualified than most of the CW's team of 'experts' and probably marginally more interesting to watch than Lally.

I'm still keeping the live link open in case anything exciting happens, like earlier when Judge Cannone had fisticuffs with Alan Jackson and then took a swipe at Karen Read. That bit was excellent.
It wouldn't be the Read trial if there weren't some drama on the daily lol.

Newbie here! Just joined and looking forward to enjoying this forum and reading people's opinions. Patiently waiting for the jury to reach a verdict. 8 hours in now, sure hope this isn't a hung jury. Looks like there maybe 1 or more jurors that don't agree with the majority. I have gone back and forth on this case. Guilty or not guilty, that is the question.

Yeah I’ve seen a fair amount of criticism for Jackson focusing on the conspiracy angle in closing arguments and I don’t understand that at all…

Jackson pretty much removed all doubt in my eyes. KR didn’t hit him, JO wasn’t even hit by a car. With that being the case and all medical testimony, car data, location/timeline information, accident reconstruction testimony, etc. supporting the fact that KR did not do this, how else do you approach things like the taillight evidence? There is no innocent or reasonable explanation.

Perhaps the glass being thrown which is a fine, yet ultimately not quite supported by evidence, theory but I wouldn’t rest my whole case on that. Physical evidence, at the crime scene, with the victims DNA on it (regardless of how little touch DNA would be relevant here) that matches the defendant’s car was always going to be a sticking point for someone on the jury. Jackson needed to give an explanation and he did an excellent tying it together and highlighting all the other troubling behavior. A coverup is no longer a crazy conspiracy theory but the one theory that actually fits with the evidence, MOO.

Because of the inverted Sally Port video, it cannot be argued that there wasn't at least some deliberate effort by law enforcement to alter or otherwise distort evidence in order to frame Karen Read.

We can argue about the extent of the dishonesty. We can argue about how many people were involved, and who exactly those individuals may have been and what may have motivated them. But there was at least some effort to alter evidence to frame Karen Read, and the inverted Sally Port video is proof of that.

Newbie here! Just joined and looking forward to enjoying this forum and reading people's opinions. Patiently waiting for the jury to reach a verdict. 8 hours in now, sure hope this isn't a hung jury. Looks like there maybe 1 or more jurors that don't agree with the majority. I have gone back and forth on this case. Guilty or not guilty, that is the question.
Welcome to websleuths!
I have to say that I don’t think 8 hours is even close to being indicative of a possibly hung jury. They have someone else’s freedom in their hands; the longer they take the more they are weighing things and putting earnest thought into it. Imo

Edit to add: Imo/imo means “in my opinion” just in case you haven’t been here long enough to catch the lingo. Took me a while to learn everything lol

If we go into tomorrow I am thinking that one or more may want to go with guilty of a lesser. There is a lot to review and at the end of the day I think it will be NG for all

If we go into tomorrow I am thinking that one or more may want to go with guilty of a lesser. There is a lot to review and at the end of the day I think it will be NG for all

My current theory is that they have SO much testimony to go through, though some imo is useless, so that in itself takes a bit of time. So I agree with you, just think it takes longer than we can imagine. But that’s jmo, as I’ve never been a juror.

Not expecting a verdict since it’s already 3:15. With the 30 minute warning, reading of the verdict and possible jury polling… cutting it too close

Eh... my impression of the room today is that the ceiling fan is getting a lot of air time. I rate the fan as being more qualified than most of the CW's team of 'experts' and probably marginally more interesting to watch than Lally.

I'm still keeping the live link open in case anything exciting happens, like earlier when Judge Cannone had fisticuffs with Alan Jackson and then took a swipe at Karen Read. That bit was excellent.

Edit - Seriously every follower of this trial ought to receive a complementary shirt:

View attachment 513410
that "FAN" T-shirt................is really funny.
It certainly ought to be an honorary "thing" for allllll the watchers.

Welcome to websleuths!
I have to say that I don’t think 8 hours is even close to being indicative of a possibly hung jury. They have someone else’s freedom in their hands; the longer they take the more they are weighing things and putting earnest thought into it. Imo

Edit to add: Imo/imo means “in my opinion” just in case you haven’t been here long enough to catch the lingo. Took me a while to learn everything lol
Thank you! I am new to all this websleuth stuff, and I love to learn, so this is the place! <modsnip - off topic> For myself at this moment, I am leaning that she is guilty, and perhaps too drunk and/or high to realize what she had done. I don't think it was intentional. JMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member