VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury is getting bused to the courthouse in order to avoid the crowds outside. So, the juror needs to leave at 4 so the bus can return them to the meetup point.

Ah, thank you!

<modsnip - off topic> But wow - very likely no verdict today. Hmmmm.

<modsnip - off topic>

JMO IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Karen's boyfriend die? Sorry not up on the whole case, but I have been paying attention, the part I feel is really missing is the truth about his death. For me the arm wounds look like defense wounds. I know some have said the dog possibly attacked him. If there was an accident in the house no one knows right? no one searched that home. Everyone focused on Karen. Does any one think he could have died some other way by someone's hand other than at that party? What does his family think happened to him? I'm really interested in how he died. mOO

It’s NG for me. The prosecution did not prove the injuries came from KR’s car. The FBI hired witnesses were much more credible than Trooper Paul. The ME could not state with any degree of certainty that JO was killed by a vehicle strike.

I’m not convinced about the conspiracy involving everyone in the house plus Canton PD, Plus MSP, Plus Lalley. I am convinced many people in the house were hiding something about that night.

Last edited:
<modsnip - off topic>

As soon as I saw the account JOK's injuries I knew he hadn't been hit by 7000 pound SUV. I don't understand how the CW managed to get seven weeks into the trial before outlining his injuries and how he might have died. Instead we had a bajillion witnesses with hearsay accounts of something that happened one time at Aruba.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the inverted Sally Port video, it cannot be argued that there wasn't at least some deliberate effort by law enforcement to alter or otherwise distort evidence in order to frame Karen Read.

We can argue about the extent of the dishonesty. We can argue about how many people were involved, and who exactly those individuals may have been and what may have motivated them. But there was at least some effort to alter evidence to frame Karen Read, and the inverted Sally Port video is proof of that.

For me it was the piece of glass on Karen's bumper that matched a random piece of glass at the Albert's house found by Michael Proctor.

I can think of no reason that those two pieces of glass (neither of which matched to John's drinking glass) should match each other unless someone was planting evidence.

How did Karen's boyfriend die? Sorry not up on the whole case, but I have been paying attention, the part I feel is really missing is the truth about his death. For me the arm wounds look like defense wounds. I know some have said the dog possibly attacked him. If there was an accident in the house no one knows right? no one searched that home. Everyone focused on Karen. Does any one think he could have died some other way by someone's hand other than at that party? What does his family think happened to him? I'm really interested in how he died. mOO
For not really knowing much you've summed it all up perfectly! He died of blunt force trauma to the back of the head and hypothermia. The blow to the head really killed him.

I suppose someone else could have come along while he was outside alone for some reason, beat him to a pulp, and left him to die out there. But I think that, in a blizzard, is extremely unlikely. It also likely would have been caught on surveillance cameras that were conveniently absent in the current narrative.

IMO MOO

Hopefully future investigation may provide some answers. Imo not via KR's lexus which is all i'm foucused on atm

I suppose someone else could have come along while he was outside alone for some reason, beat him to a pulp, and left him to die out there. But I think that, in a blizzard, is extremely unlikely. It also likely would have been caught on surveillance cameras that were conveniently absent in the current narrative.

IMO MOO
someone commented on a talk show that this term "blizzard" has been over used for the conditions that night at that time. This is MA.. and they are used to snow...this was far from a full out blizzard.

I am just wondering...is O'Keefe's relatives (Parents, siblings, etc.) in court during this at all? What are they saying about Karen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member