VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was the piece of glass on Karen's bumper that matched a random piece of glass at the Albert's house found by Michael Proctor.

I can think of no reason that those two pieces of glass (neither of which matched to John's drinking glass) should match each other unless someone was planting evidence.
how long does a piece of glass stay on a bumper? was it embedded in it? (confused)

It’s NG for me. The prosecution did not prove the injuries came from KR’s car. The FBI hired witnesses were much more credible than Trooper Paul. The ME could not state with any degree of certainty that JO was killed by a vehicle strike.

I’m not convinced about the conspiracy involving everyone in the house plus Canton PD, Plus MSP, Plus Lalley. I am convinced many people in the house were hiding something about that night.

Agreed. I suspect there is a much less conspiratorial explanation.

how long does a piece of glass stay on a bumper? was it embedded in it? (confused)
Nope.

There were several pieces of glass on Karen's bumper, none embedded. The pieces were just lying on top and made it to the sallyport despite the blizzard conditions and the SUV being driven up and down a ramp onto the tow truck.

None of those pieces matched John's drinking glass. However, one matched a piece found at 34 Fairview, turned in by none other than Michael Proctor.

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
It could be they reached their decision but want to sleep on it.

jmo
a juror had to be on the road at 4pm today. I'm thinking they are being thorough and discussing witnesses and testimony. I don't find it strange or indication of holding out after less than 2 short days and interruptions, amended charging instructions imo

Does anyone have any thought about what have caused JOK's head wound? I keep thinking about the replaced metal basement doors- just because they are heavy and awkward in general.... IMO. On another topic, I think some people want to convict to avenge the death, but the physical evidence still does not seem to match the charges. IMO.

Nope.

There were several pieces of glass on Karen's bumper, none embedded. None of those pieces matched John's drinking glass. However, one matched a piece found at 34 Fairview, turned in by none other than Michael Proctor. Make of that what you will.
maybe snow and ice kept them in place- just seems they would be displaced as soon as the car was driven and it went to JOK's home, out the next day and to KR's parents'...

Crazy thought. Could it be possible that *no one killed him* and that his head injuries were the result of a really bad fall onto some sort of piece of furniture? If I recall correctly, his BAC was incredibly high, about 3x the legal limit. Perhaps the dog heard the commotion and attacked him afterwards thinking he was an intruder. And then, of course, after that the cover-up and blame game began.

Hoping they reached a verdict, decided to quit early so they can make it out of the crowded courthouse area on time for whatever appointment the juror needed to get to, so they can come back in the morning to fill out the paperwork!! How's that for optimism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50