VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly confuses me why she hasn't been hit with just a basic DUI charge. I suspect the reason is that they'd have to charge everyone who was there that night, then.
The problem is that it was such a horribly bungled investigation and none of the others were tested, only JO and KR. So without evidence, they can’t be charged.

I’m a scientist so it was the FBI testimony that sealed the deal for me. Does not seem possible the injuries on JOK and the damage to the car match the prosecution’s theory. NG verdict IMO. However, I would not be surprised if the voicemails sway the jury to a guilty verdict. Hearing them played in court was jarring and some people will not be able to look past them to the rest of the evidence.

I am not entirely convinced she did not hit him. Maybe a glancing blow as he fled out of the way. BUT I understand how the VM may have happened.
They may have argued about watching the kids . JO may have said ‘I am going to that party’. KR is driving home and snaps in an alcohol fueled rage. I am not F watching his kids while he parties. She then called JO Pick up the phone. I F hate you. JO pick up the phone, where the F are you . J I F hate you. MOO

Last edited:
She did not him him even by accident.
------------
Jennifer McCabe testified under oath that Karen Read was still at the Albert house at 12:45am.

She admitted to texting and getting up 5 times and looking out the window. Said she saw it move twice. She said she had a good, clear view of Karen’s vehicle outside. Karen was at home at 12:36am.

Prosecutor Jackson asks “and then you saw the SUV had driven away after 12:45?”
Jen answers “correct."

so now are we thinking that they framed Karen because they didn't want the liability of a death in the house , possible repercussions for the dog? this sounds like a lot of work and staging and framing of Karen. Did they hate her? I mean
it's still on the property...not inside but on the property so I am struggling with the motive for the framing if the death was an accident like a fall. Did they have a timeline ? Did the other people in the house say he never came inside?

I can't figure this out. Karen doesn't need to prove what actually happened. but I think they need to go back to the drawing board. weird. mOO
If the death is truly an accident, why don’t you just call 911 and get him medical treatment?

How did they find out the glass matched one at 34 F if they never searched the house? Did they finally search it late in the investigation or something? thx
To be clear, they say they found the pieces of glass outside 34 Fairview. These pieces were not part of the same glass that John was carrying that evening.

Excellent quest asked by a member earlier:

Why is the key cycle associated with the infamous fast backup event? It happened only ONE time! And it was at a time when KR was nowhere near her vehicle and could not possibly be near her vehicle, since LE had already towed it away and taken it in to the Canton PD as evidence in the investigation.

KR did not back up and hit JO in any way shape or form.

She did not him him even by accident.
------------
Jennifer McCabe testified under oath that Karen Read was still at the Albert house at 12:45am.

She admitted to texting and getting up 5 times and looking out the window. Said she saw it move twice. She said she had a good, clear view of Karen’s vehicle outside. Karen was at home at 12:36am.

Prosecutor Jackson asks “and then you saw the SUV had driven away after 12:45?”
Jen answers “correct."
Looking out the window five times, and being to remember the exact times she looked out. What a load of lies.

Did Lally try at all to speak about the victim ie humanize JO? Were there many photos of him other than his dead injured body? It seems that he was forgotten in this case. Maybe I missed it.
No and I’ve thought about that too. I found it odd. Even during the closing arguments. Not anything that stands out at least.

Looking out the window five times, and being to remember the exact times she looked out. What a load of lies.
Exactly. I e always thought if she was so invested in him coming in like she is saying with the texts, calls, peering thru the window, why wouldn’t she come outside to Karen’s car and say what the heck are you doing. Her scenario never happened

To be clear, they say they found the pieces of glass outside 34 Fairview. These pieces were not part of the same glass that John was carrying that evening.
So... that's kind of confusing to me. It sounds like you're saying they matched some of the pieces of glass that they found outside 34 F to a glass or pieces of a glass that was found outside 34 F. So I assume that's not what you meant, since that doesn't make sense. So I also assume it's me - I am obviously misunderstanding you. Or maybe that does make sense and I'm just not getting it? Either way, is there another way you could explain that to help me understand? thx again!!

This photo has been plaguing me. I don’t know why. It received very little attention in light of the other injuries. But it is intriguing nonetheless. Any opinions as to how JO gets this injury? Clearly not from a car.
View attachment 513525

No expert, but it actually looks like a bug bite to me. Possibly infected.
This photo has been plaguing me. I don’t know why. It received very little attention in light of the other injuries. But it is intriguing nonetheless. Any opinions as to how JO gets this injury? Clearly not from a car.
View attachment 513525
Possibly an infected spider bite.

Exactly. I e always thought if she was so invested in him coming in like she is saying with the texts, calls, peering thru the window, why wouldn’t she come outside to Karen’s car and say what the heck are you doing. Her scenario never happened
Right!! “Pull behind me.” Why? Who cares? It’s a small driveway with… 6-8 vehicles? Does it matter where he parked? Hmm? Then he doesn’t respond, supposedly, and the next we hear from her is hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrueclover