VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thanks @bedbug - I did not state my point clearly - my apologies - my point is really about optics - Of course that's the literal definition
So I will try again
There are also other less dramatic words than conspiracy that also describe the same thing.
The word conspiracy is often prefaced with vast in reference to this case and its like a literal talking point that's been handed out IMO because its used in lock step across all platforms. Very cloak and dagger.
Why not say a group of peoplle collaberated/colluded or got together and cooked up this plan ....or as I say, went about their business as usual.
Those descriptions are not nearly as dramatic and cloak and daggerish IMO
When people conspire... well that to me has a mystery and is cloaked in intrigue. Its less believable and makes you even roll your eyes
What happened here is just what happens everyday in America - people set up other people to take the fall.
No mystery, no cloak and dagger and very believable
It's just every day life coming at you
IMO.
If what the defense alleged actually happened, I'd suggest that conspiracy isn't dramatic enough of a description.

Insert fav photo of Brian Albert, Jen McCabe and Colin Albert during closing arguments completely GLARING at the jury here
Where’s the photo of them at JOK’s funeral? They were all supposedly friends or friendly with JOK - JMc even stated more than once that she loved him.

Why no shows at the funeral? moo

Will we find out the jury split or is that only if one or more jurors talks after court?

I believe the split count will not be provided " On the Record". I imagine Judge will dismiss the jury, and not so sure if she can admonish them NOT to talk to anyone afterwards. I can only imagine what these jurors will do, with all the publicity.

The last case I watched with a hung jury, the court dismissed them, and allowed the option to the jurors to speak with both sides of attorneys representing their case. The split count was shared with the media from the attorneys mouths after their visit . This was in AZ, however. Not so sure about " This is NOT how we do things in MA" Judge.

Link to this testimony/evidence? TIA and IMO.
She said in the interview she wasn't that impaired, and that wasn't in question. Every witness at the bar was asked by the defense team if she seemed that she was too drunk. They attempted to discredit her blood alcohol level evidence. I'm surprised that this is in question.

Actually, it probably is best if the jurors maintain some ambiguity about which side they were on. Any juror who publicly discloses what their position was could potentially become a target for harassment or retaliation from one side or the other.
You never know. Some might relish the attention. The murder shows will probably throw them a few bucks, too. Maybe they can 'consult' on the inevitable Lifetime movie.

I didn't vote in the survey, because I think it needs to be clearer what it's asking.

Are you asking us if we were a jury member would we vote for G or NG?

Or if we personally think she did it (= G) or didn't do it (=NG).

The former is NG, 100%. I don't think the state proved her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not even close. So no question on that.

Do I think she did it? Not sure, but I think it's unlikely.

I think the Commonwealth made a mistake by not charging KR with simple DUI. That would be a slam dunk guilty verdict. At least then the jury might feel like they're punishing her for "something" rather than just letting her walk free. But to have the DUI charge wrapped in with the homicide charge makes it harder for jury IMO.
They had the opportunity during the charge conference, the judge asked the CW if they would like a stand alone OUI charge and they said No, she asked the defense and they also said no. I was rather befuddled at why the CW wouldn't want one, the defense's No was easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1