VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

But then again....
you can have camera's like JO had...
AND....
wouldn't ya read about it.:rolleyes:

The very moments that would support or INCRIMINATE KR's behaviour when she arrived back at JO abode (after hitting him IMO) poof!!! vanished!!! magic!!

Pesky camera's just don't work when you need em too. :oops:

But they work perfectly while you then reverse out with your reverse beepers (sensors)blasting in your ears....and capture you gently tapping that pesky back tail light.
Miracle!

moo
Magic indeed! Especially considering all the CW witness testimony that there’s zero evidence KR deleted or even accessed anything.

The very moments that would support or INCRIMINATE KR's behaviour when she arrived back at JO abode (after hitting him IMO) poof!!! vanished!!! magic!!

Pesky camera's just don't work when you need em too. :oops:

Yes cameras can be pesky. Terrible when they just INVERT the image for no particular reason, isn't it?

Magic indeed! Especially considering all the CW witness testimony that there’s zero evidence KR deleted or even accessed anything.
It was also quite magical how Proctor planted those pesky little bits of tail light in the snow even though there was zero evidence, many people believed it and they still do!

It was also quite magical how Proctor planted those pesky little bits of tail light in the snow even though there was zero evidence, many people believed it and they still do!
Somebody couldn't count planted tail light pieces and the lab ended up with extra pieces that did not fit into the tail light assembly.

Did it trick anybody?? no
because....

A mirrored /inverted picture doesn't have anything added to it.
It is still exactly the same picture.

The camera image is still there.
STill evidence.

moo
Yes it clearly did.

It made it appear the passenger side of the car was the driver side. Crucially important when the police were testifying they never went near the passenger taillight. Yet you can see them doing just that, although the jury wouldn't have realized it if Alan Jackson hadn't pointed it out.

The timings of when the car was taken and when the taillight pieces were found is pretty suss. If he didn't plant them, you can only chalk it up as another one in the long list of weird coincidences that are exculpatory (multiple buttdials, people walking by John's body and not noticing, wounds from a collision that look like animal scratches and bites, and so on).

However, one exhibit that can't be so easily dismissed are the glass pieces found on Karen's bumper. I can think of no legitimate reason for them to be there without Proctor or another MSP trooper planting them. See my previous post below for further details:

Yes it clearly did.

It made it appear the passenger side of the car was the driver side. Crucially important when the police were testifying they never went near the passenger taillight. Yet you can see them doing just that, although the jury wouldn't have realized it if Alan Jackson hadn't pointed it out.
I agree it was unnecessary.
IT still is a visual that everyone can see. Nowhere to hide. Its there.
The actions of everyone there to be seen.

Not remotely close to the importance of the missing ring camera show -casing Karen Reads activities between 12.30 am and 5am that morning.

That is the trickery exposed. The stuff gone missing.
pretty convenient.

poof!! vanished!! gone!!

moo

Ill even qualify the phone calls KR made through the night to her parents...(ahem..while she was sleepin lol)
was help working out how to delete the ring camera and all the other back side covering stuff she did.
MY OPINION ONLY OF COURSE.

I agree it was unnecessary.
IT still is a visual that everyone can see. Nowhere to hide. Its there.
The actions of everyone there to be seen.

Not remotely close to the importance of the missing ring camera show -casing Karen Reads activities between 12.30 am and 5am that morning.

That is the trickery exposed. The stuff gone missing.
pretty convenient.

poof!! vanished!! gone!!

moo
You realize that the activity logs directly from Ring show that nothing was deleted by a user, right? If the footage is missing then it could only have been deleted by Proctor or one of the other MSP officers.

This isn't a gotcha at all. If anything it's proof of a coverup.

What's your opinion on how O'Keefe died and who killed him?
Honestly? At this point, I’m not sure. I am one of those who really thought early on that KR probably did it. Perhaps she did, but it has not been proven to me beyond a reasonable doubt, not by a long shot, and that is my obligation to KR as a citizen or a juror.

Last edited:
You realize that the activity logs directly from Ring show that nothing was deleted by a user, right? If the footage is missing then it could only have been deleted by Proctor or one of the other MSP officers.

This isn't a gotcha at all. If anything it's proof of a coverup.

SGT Yuriy Bukhenik said on the stand key ring video evidence was missing.

<modsnip>

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree - Not quite unfolding as they anticipated. It's ironic how the Defense eagerly jumped at the opportunity for a mistrial, suggesting to me that they may have come to realize that not everyone is buying into their 'unbelievable' conspiracy theory! MOO
as I heard that move e xplained last night by the pundits he did not say lets to go mistrial but based on the wording of the note he was saying need to move to the more serious "Allen" "dynamite" or whatever they call it in MA. True it takes it one step closer to mistrial but if just one or two are not in agreement with NG it might help. Or are they getting vibes that this might not go in KR's favor?

SGT Yuriy Bukhenik said on the stand key ring video evidence was missing.

<modsnip>

moo

Shortly before 10:30 a.m., defense attorney Alan Jackson began cross-examining Bukhenik, and he started by asking about the Ring videos at O'Keefe's home. He asked who wrote the warrant seeking the Ring videos and controlled them once received from the company.

Bukhenik said it was Proctor who did all of that. And he said there was no evidence that Read had ever logged into or manipulated the Ring video in any way.

(bolded by me)

Last edited by a moderator:
So you think a conspiracy on the part of the drunk cops is unlikely, but a conspiracy involving Karen's elderly parents IS likely?
I dont think a conspiracy when someone leans on someone in a crisis.
No.

not comparable to the defence narrative beyond 10 to 20 people...depending on the day ...all keeping it together. PERFECTLY. :oops:

moo.

I think at this point in this case, it is a good time to post the quote from my profile signature:
“A hundred suspicions don’t make a proof.”
- Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment
TO me this case could be used in the Chapter on Reasonable Doubt 101 in law classes. I guess what is up for interpretation is "reasonable" because clearly there is doubt. Not much in closing to make this concept crystal clear to jurors who may have never considered it before. We as trial watchers have a good idea of what it means but probably some jurors do not.

TO me this case could be used in the Chapter on Reasonable Doubt 101 in law classes. I guess what is up for interpretation is "reasonable" because clearly there is doubt. Not much in closing to make this concept crystal clear to jurors who may have never considered it before. We as trial watchers have a good idea of what it means but probably some jurors do not.

So true, and such a good point. The very fact that the State's own witness said they can't say JOK died of being struck by a car, or any other type of homicide, creates reasonable doubt that anyone, including Karen, committed homicide! The case should be dismissed on this alone!

IMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back