MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Court TV pundit Wendy Murphy's son Grant Smith Ellis, who was covering the trial as a journalist in the courtroom until he had an altercation with another journalist, tweeted a few days ago that all charges were 10-2 Guilty.

This was just something he made up and others started spreading around. This apparently upset some jurors who went to the defense to set the story straight. So I guess maybe Karen owes Grant a gift when this is all over?
What’s funny is our favorite former fbi agent was quick to jump on the 10-2 bandwagon, but is now treating the motion filed by the defense with skepticism in regards to the vote breakdowns.

If I was a juror, I’d want to correct the record too.

This case has exposed so many people as the frauds they are.

What’s funny is our favorite former fbi agent was quick to jump on the 10-2 bandwagon, but is now treating the motion filed by the defense with skepticism in regards to the vote breakdowns.

Very Funny (coff coff)

I think some people must just like to be contrarian in the absence of an opinion that makes intellectual sense.

He can be, but sometimes it takes a while. The police unions and bargaining agreements outline procedures which must be followed when determining punishment for a LEO who is being charged with any type of misconduct. It will also depend if he is charged with a crime vs violation of policy and procedures.
There is a relatively new game in town which deals with police misconduct. It is called POST, an acronym for MA Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission.
“Massachusetts Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Commission, a watchdog agency born from reforms adopted after the murder of George Floyd by a Minneapolis officer nearly four years ago, as state officials sought to bring all Massachusetts police departments under consistent regulations.”.
I am not all that familiar with POST policies, but is seems they have the power to suspend officers and also to bar them from ever returning to police work. Attached is an interesting article dated February 2024 which explains a little about POST and some of the cases they were involved in. A few involve MSP troopers.
Often, PO’s charged with a serious crime will resign from their positions before the case goes to court in order to keep their pensions. Once convicted, an officer will usually loose his pension if he is still a member of the department/agency especially if it is a felony conviction.
Suspended without pay. Proctor is a bad cop who gives good cops a bad name. I have very little sympathy for him, apart from the fact that his family, any family need to survive financially.

JC really showed her true colors with this one. We’ve seen faint stripes in the past few years, but this case really exposed them.

When you’re not willing to acknowledge there is even SOME reasonable doubt in this case, I’m starting to wonder cui bono…

Just catching up on today's developments. What a complete @^*&show! I have no clue what comes next??? A juror text chain would be fascinating to read! Imagine it's blowing the jurors minds as they find out all the things they were not privy to.

Legally I don't how this really changes anything. These jurors that came forward are not on any official record are they? Were they sworn in to give the defense this info? If not is it all hearsay? How does this legally amount to double jeopardy? If Judge Cannone didn't poll the jury then none of this was legally made in court so while this info is great for the Defense and to all of us in the KR is NG camp what does this all really mean in terms of legally moving forward? Can they subpoena the judge? Is she now a witness? Sooooo many questions!!!

In terms of publicly this is a nightmare for the CW! Proctor is complete toast. Calling him back to the stand now is committing legal suicide in a re-trial. Judge Cannone looks even worse somehow than she did in the trial in terms of bias and conduct. There was jury intimidation in that all the jurors felt that BA ( he was mis-identified by one juror) being in the room on the final day of closing. See how confusing it is with all the bald officers? The info coming out from the jury is that KR was NG of 2nd Degree manslaughter and leaving the scene of a death UNANIMOUSLY is a disaster for the DA's office. There's all this other stuff coming out in other trials about police misconduct in the state. I don't see how the CW can procede with another trial on the same charges as before.

Canton has been completely ripped apart by this fiasco of a trial. Massachusetts law and judicial system also looks bad in this. Does the DA and the higher ups in the State really want to go through this whole thing again with more attention and with even bigger circus this time??? I think this has already ruined some careers. This is a hot mess.

And of course JOK and what really happened to him is lost in all of this unfortunately and for that I think heads need to roll. There are people who know what really happened are out there and there is a murderer(s) on the loose in Canton and it isn't Karen Read!!!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for namecalling>
Well then, you can just imagine both scenes. Young ones in the basement drinking all evening. Adults come in after drinking all evening. No one knows how often this group gets together. There could be bad blood from before and then there is Chloe. Young ones pimp the old ones and back and forth. BH got his feelings hurt so he may have mouhed off because you know he would not let it go that KR was flirting with him and especially that she wanted him to come over. He had to tell it. Maybe BH and JO got into it. Young stud may have joined in. Chloe may have jumped on someone, maybe all of them. Blunt instrument, hockey stick, ball bat, golf club, beer bottle, liquor bottle, anything with the tight velocity could have killed him if it hit hi head just right or did he hit the floor or something hard on the way down??? All JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin is the nephew of Brian Albert, who was present at the home the night of 1/29/22. He was shielded from the investigation for months, by good friends Chris and Julie Albert and Michael Proctor.

He " left at "12:10".
He "falls on his knuckles".
He "never fights ".
Why shield him or has he been in trouble before? Who does he belong to??

The commonwealth will never win on this case, all they will do is waste taxpayer dollars, I'd hope even if you did think she hit him with her car, which in my opinion all the evidence shows she did not, you'd agree now especially with Proctor being in the process of fired, the commonwealth has nothing to stand on

The commonwealth will never win on this case, all they will do is waste taxpayer dollars, I'd hope even if you did think she hit him with her car, which in my opinion all the evidence shows she did not, you'd agree now especially with Proctor being in the process of fired, the commonwealth has nothing to stand on

They still have Trooper "It Just Did" Paul and his Associates Degree. Can't forget that.

Why shield him or has he been in trouble before? Who does he belong to??

Colin Albert " belongs to" ( son of ) Julie and Chris Albert. Chris Albert is an elected Canton Town Selectman. Chris Albert owns a pizza shop in Canton, and is the brother of Brian Albert, previous owner of 34 Fairview where JOK's body was found.
Julie Albert, Colin's Mom...offered to buy a "gift" for Michael Proctor ( Lead Investigator, now suspended without pay) shortly after the death of JOK, for " when this is all over". Testified to in court.

Yep MassGuy!^^ And IIRC didn’t a certain former FBI agent and TV commentary also indicate that a certain counsel for the defense should ‘return to Hollywood’?

IMO that former FBI agent should perhaps heed her own advice. And IMO it seems her credibility is also questionable.

This is why some believe there is a mute button on the TV. And some also advise to just be certain the closed captioning is also off when some are speaking. MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Found these two items on impounded jurors. First a citation from IIUc Massachusetts state law : ‘Superior Court Rules Superior Court Rule 18: Impoundment and personal identifying information’

The second a Boston Herald article by Rick Sobey dated today, July 8, 2024, ‘Karen Read Jurors List Impounded’. (This article may be paywall for some d I do not have access.):

In short, IIUC their identities are to remain confidential for a period. IANAL. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Found these two items on impounded jurors. First a citation from IIUc Massachusetts state law : ‘Superior Court Rules Superior Court Rule 18: Impoundment and personal identifying information’

The second a Boston Herald article by Rick Sobey dated today, July 8, 2024, ‘Karen Read Jurors List Impounded’. (This article may be paywall for some d I do not have access.):

In short, IIUC their identities are to remain confidential for a period. IANAL. MOO
Thanks..

This bit though..

“The proceedings continue to be the daily subject of commentary on various social media platforms,” the judge added. “People associated with the case have been charged with intimidation.”

Hardly appropriate to refer to an ongoing dodgy, at best, case in this fashion or amiright?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red_Herring
Back