MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thought we were talking about dog DNA, since most dogs slobber I’m pretty sure some would be found on the clothing if it was there. He was hanging with all them people I wouldn’t be surprised if John had their DNA on him. (Not blood)
Yup all that stuff….also there were tail light pieces around his body and in his clothing.
Would you be OK letting a person off that ran down your family member?
I understand it was a horrible investigation, I do. However strong evidence survives.
Hartnett (forgot her last name) was probably the most incompetent forensic scientist I’ve ever witnessed. Pretty sure actors from CSI Miami would do a better job at collecting and testing evidence 20 years after the series ended. She swabbed 18 holes with two swabs!!! I can’t stress this enough. Also, please listen to the Kun cross. There was no exclusion of dog DNA. Mold, and dye kill DNA.
There are three possible explanations at the end of her testimony.
You can’t go just by what you hear other people say. You have to watch the entire testimony. Cross included.

There is zero strong evidence.
And if this happened to my family I would have a hard time controlling my anger at the DA, alberts, McCabes, canton pd and msp. Would probably be in jail for harassment bc they caused my loved one to not get justice. I would want them to give a crap so that I know who the murderer is.
None of them cared for JK. They cared for their good old boy club.

Karen Reed and JOK did not go to the pub until 11pm.
they were there for a very short period of time.
KR was not tested for blood alcohol levels until far too many hours had passed for an accurate reading of the time she drove from pub to Albert's house.
She may well have consumed several drinks in the interim.
a DUI cannot stick.
no evidence.
Which pub did they go to at 11pm?, Waterfall? Sure but they were at CF’s much earlier. I’m not following your point? They did BAC at 9am, and then the retrograde business., so it’s up in the air as to whether one wants to believe her drinking occurred once home at 1am or that maybe she began drinking at 3pm. or periodically throughout the day. I think it’s up to interpretation .

Which pub did they go to at 11pm?, Waterfall? Sure but they were at CF’s much earlier. I’m not following your point? They did BAC at 9am, and then the retrograde business., so it’s up in the air as to whether one wants to believe her drinking occurred once home at 1am or that maybe she began drinking at 3pm. or periodically throughout the day. I think it’s up to interpretation .
A BAC 9 hrs post supposed consummation is as useful as a bicycle to a fish.

I don't see any evidence that she was ever "super self-absorbed", however you define that. Before John's death, his friends and family seemed to like her well enough, so this stuff about her personality all seems to come post-arrest. Certainly, her acting as a caretaker of John's kids would not be the actions of someone who was only concerned with herself.

I really don't get this need to tear her down as a person. It doesn't matter a bit whether she's an ice-queen or conceited or "self-absorbed". For heaven's sake, earlier in this thread someone was complaining about the food she ate.

What should matter is whether or not she's committed the crimes she's accused of and if the commonwealth can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. They certainly didn't in their first try. We'll see what happens if they ever get another bite at the apple. Personally, I don't think they'll have much luck.
Well her text messages to Higgins didn’t seem like she was real into the kids. She seemed to complain about them a lot. Actually post-arrest is all we got to work with here. Her teaming up with Turtleboy and throwing a bunch of people under the bus wasn’t the act of a nice person in my book, of course I’m sure we will see more about that when he goes to trial.

I have a question for anybody local or semi local that is here, please?
Re BA intimidation claim by jury. (I thought they were trying to buck the system by sitting with the OK family for closing, our way or no way..

But I'm not local and that was just my impression.)

Bearing in mind jury was selected from a wider area, what power exactly would BA hold over them?

How small is it really?

Were they right to be intimidated?

Hartnett (forgot her last name) was probably the most incompetent forensic scientist I’ve ever witnessed. Pretty sure actors from CSI Miami would do a better job at collecting and testing evidence 20 years after the series ended. She swabbed 18 holes with two swabs!!! I can’t stress this enough. Also, please listen to the Kun cross. There was no exclusion of dog DNA. Mold, and dye kill DNA.
There are three possible explanations at the end of her testimony.
You can’t go just by what you hear other people say. You have to watch the entire testimony. Cross included.

There is zero strong evidence.
And if this happened to my family I would have a hard time controlling my anger at the DA, alberts, McCabes, canton pd and msp. Would probably be in jail for harassment bc they caused my loved one to not get justice. I would want them to give a crap so that I know who the murderer is.
None of them cared for JK. They cared for their good old boy club.
There’s also zero evidence that John ever entered that house or that any one else hurt him. Sadly in my eye so many people’s lives have been ruined over this.

Well her text messages to Higgins didn’t seem like she was real into the kids. She seemed to complain about them a lot. Actually post-arrest is all we got to work with here. Her teaming up with Turtleboy and throwing a bunch of people under the bus wasn’t the act of a nice person in my book, of course I’m sure we will see more about that when he goes to trial.
Is he going to trial, then? I was certain he'd been hung already, just reading the thread here this evening?

I am kind of sceptical about the defence filing. It seems insane to me that the jury could have reached an acquittal on murder but somehow no one told the judge.

And i have a lot of trouble believing the judge somehow engineered to keep it secret.

Be interesting to see how real this is

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop