MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Karen Read has been charged with second-degree murder, motor vehicle manslaughter and leaving the scene of a collision in the January 2022 death of her off-duty Boston Police Officer boyfriend John O'Keefe outside a Canton, Mass., home.

She's pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Leading up to his death, the couple of two years reportedly spent the night drinking and bar hopping with friends before Read, 43, dropped O'Keefe, 46, off at the home of a fellow off-duty police officer for an after-party, PEOPLE previously reported.

Prosecutors say as O'Keefe exited the vehicle, Read allegedly proceeded to make a three-point turn during a winter storm, striking her boyfriend in the process before driving off.

After O'Keefe failed to return home hours later, Read allegedly went looking for him, before finding his body in a snowbank outside the home where she allegedly left him.

Karen-Read-and-John-OKeefe-8c0b529e6823492aaf409a1c96c15ccc.jpg

john-okeefe-police-officer-dd6a844c30fa4341b2dba22774525391.jpg

Thread #1Thread #2 Thread #3Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue the discussion here.

The only evidence of his knuckle injuries was a photograph taken a month later in a bar. There is a whole house full of people all saying exactly the same thing. People who are not suspects, are not habitual criminals, some unrelated to anybody in this case all saying that he never entered the house, there was no fight, there were no dog bites. One of them even testified she thought she saw something over in the yard where JOs body was found.

The only evidence of his knuckle injuries was a photograph taken a month later in a bar. There is a whole house full of people all saying exactly the same thing. People who are not suspects, are not habitual criminals, some unrelated to anybody in this case all saying that he never entered the house, there was no fight, there were no dog bites. One of them even testified she thought she saw something over in the yard where JOs body was found.
So agree. I feel the worst for Collin being thrown under the bus. He was a 17 years old at the time, this has turned his world upside down.

Julie Nagel! Of course she never said a word about the blob on the lawn to the other people in the car at the time, and never mentioned it to a soul until many months later. But then again, she admits she was "wicked drunk".

So you believe Colin's very involved story of injuring the knuckles on his right hand in a slip and fall incident?

I don't . I think these two people are flat out lying. Why did so many prosecution witnesses involved in the drunken party that night lie on the stand? What are they hiding?

Last edited:
If only the CPD and the MSP had done a thorough and honest investigation. All of the Alberts and McCabes who were present that night could have been ruled in or out rather quickly. But sadly, no. That didn't happen. So they all swim in the pool of reasonable doubt now. Go figure...
Well, if the McAlberts are innocent of anything related to this case, imagine how they must be feeling towards the shoddy investigation of Proctor et al ! How ironic.
MOO.

Well, if the McAlberts are innocent of anything related to this case, imagine how they must be feeling towards the shoddy investigation of Proctor et al ! How ironic.
MOO.

I have a need to know if Liz Proctor got her promised gift from Julie Albert when Karen was arrested.

MOO.

That’s what puzzles me in relation to JOK family. Even if the McAlberts did nothing physically to JOK, they indeed meddled in the investigation to the point there will be nothing but doubt. You’d think the O’Keefes would be just as angry with them for that.

MOO.
Most likely the same way the Albert’s and John’s family feels.

Reactions: IDK
Not habitual criminals? Are you sure about that? There is stuff in their pasts that say otherwise. There's also an FBI investigation going on into this case and others that they were involved in. We know for a fact that several of the Alberts have no problem driving drunk. There was a body of someone they know outside in their lawn after they had a late night party. At the very least there should have been an investigation inside that house and the people who were there all needed to be questioned separately. None of that happened.

Karen Read wasn't a habitual criminal either, so I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

That’s what puzzles me in relation to JOK family. Even if the McAlberts did nothing physically to JOK, they indeed meddled in the investigation to the point there will be nothing but doubt. You’d think the O’Keefes would be just as angry with them for that.
How did they meddle in it ? By asking questions?

Reactions: IDK
I came to check if y'all were talking about the new suspension? Canton PD Kevin Albert, paid admin leave, pending an outside investigation conducted with Michael Proctor several years ago.
It’s not out in the news yet but I believe it will have to do with the night out drinking with Proctor.

We know for a fact that several of the Alberts have no problem driving drunk.

And seemingly having no issue with their minors getting drunk. Although, to their credit, it does seem like the drunk minors did at least have other sober minors driving them around.

IMO MOO

I didn’t read Turtleboy but IMO despite his popularity in public, I don’t really he impacted the trial, i.e. the jurors, prosecution or defense outcomes all that much, mainly because he was not mentioned and the defense did a very good job with their own competency in raising reasonable doubt in regards to the adequacy and reliability of the evidence and inferences brought forth by the prosecution in the CW’s attempt to prove KR hit JOK was hit by the car.

Also, questioning and discussing the existence of potential other suspects who may have had motivation to harm or kill JOK based on witness testimony, evidence or inferences made based on JOK’s or KR’s relationships or interactions with others appears to be an acceptable defensive strategy according to American Bar Association. For example, this may include making inferences based on the relationships or romantic entanglements between JOK, KR and BH or the relationship between CA and JOK that the defense hinted may have possibly been tenuous due to a disagreement over JOK’s lawn and CA throwing beer cans on it.

As long as the defense does not intimidate the witnesses or blatantly lie or use mistrusts it appears the ABA accepts this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back