MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think you need to give considerable latitude to what might have happened since both of the people were very drunk, almost to the point of unconsciousness. One scenario is he existed the car and was leaning down to vomit (which was all over him) and she hit the back of his head with the spine of the tail light, as he braced himself his right arm ended up in the wheel well and was dragged a short distance backward, and then forward when she completed the turn. You can imagine a hundred other scenarios where the back of his head hit the tail light, the ground, the fire hydrant or whatever and none of them take more than a minute to happen.

The critical things is that there are only 2 ways that you get tail light pieces on the ground and on his shirt with his DNA on the tail light. The simplest is that he and that tail light made violent contact at some point right there in that spot. The second is that Michael Proctor planted all of that evidence without being detected. While MP certainly should not have sent any of those emails to his sister they in no way are evidence that he planted evidence.

During the course of every investigation, police have the opportunity to plant evidence.

If we allowed every defendant to be acquitted simply because it's possible, based on gaps in the investigation, that police planted evidence we might as well close our court system. (and I am in no way naive to think this doesn't happen)

There were two email which MP sent referencing
1. That (a named person at the party was involved … forget name)
2. And that he initially thought it was a fight.
Now! How would you get a fight from taillight pieces?
‘We are all in on the joke right? My tail light got busted and John was pulverized.

Far fetched or not?
A lot of KR ring camera recording was missing. I know, it seems far fetched.. but if an Officer was aware of a similar scenario where a tail light was busted in a hit & run and went to snd damaged KR tail light at her house that night ?

“We are all in on the joke, right? My tail light got busted and John was pulverized”

I am very interested to see what the defense team does next. Personally, I think they gave the upper hand
Hmm… technically there is precedent supporting the judges actions. The defense may bring it to an appellant court. Thr Judge is experienced. She in my opinion knew exactly what she was doing.

I am very interested to see what the defense team does next. Personally, I think they gave the upper hand
The best thing for the defense is that Troop Proctor got suspended without pay, which gives the defense a new talking point. If Proctor thought his cross examination during trial 1 was embarrassing, he's gonna have a rough time at trial 2.

The bad news for the defense is that I'm expecting that most of the other prosecution witnesses won't slip up so easily next time. They will all be coached on how to sound better and even how to more convincingly respond to certain questions, now that the prosecution knows exactly what questions will be asked during cross-examination. We won't get as many authentic reactions during trial 2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back