MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My post state nothing about an article of clothing.

Thank you for your post. I've provided a link in case you'd like a reference.

Flag etiquette pertains to certain US activities but most certainly not all US protests of which there are many.

How would people know what was being protested if everybody just carried the same flag?
How do you know some of the protesters were carrying Chinese made flags and what does it matter?
Serious question.

I personally assumed pink denoted female. I didn't look any deeper into it..

Is there a problem with a pink flag that is made in China??
What is it?

My post states nothing about an article of clothing.

Not legally enforceable. I didn’t even have to click on the link to find that out.

My response was to your comment regarding “made in China” items Karen Read supporters are using to show their support.

Do you have articles in your house with an American flag on it. Probably most are made in China.

My

So about this fan club, holding a pink (made in china) flag. It’s not an American flag.
It’s ugly! Disgusting. Lack of respect and ignorance.

My post states nothing about an article of clothing.

Especially in the last few years, we have seen a profusion of variations on the U.S. flag: all black U.S. flags, rainbow U.S. flags, U.S. flags with one or more stripes in blue/green/red, etc. And, I think it goes without saying that virtually all the flags we see are made in China. I think people's feelings towards a flag variation is heavily colored by their feelings about the underlying political movement that the flag represents. For example, if that pink flag was used at a rally against breast cancer (as they have been in the past) I can't imagine anyone railing against it and calling its use disgusting.

And while all these flags may indeed infringe on the flag code, those are hardly the only common violations. For example, a flag should never be worn as apparel, a rule that is violated so frequently (and by people who consider themselves patriots) that it's barely worth remarking upon.

In the end, though..I am completely against any intimidation of jurors and witnesses. And I do believe that things in this case have gotten out of hand, from people showing up to kids' ballgames to animals being tortured and killed to send a message.

But where I differ is when people complain about legitimate, non-violent protests. It's a fundamental right of Americans to demonstrate in opposition to governmental overreach and wrongdoing and the KR protestors are simply exercising their rights, whether you agree with them or not. As long as they adhere to the judge's directives about the buffer zone, then I don't think they are doing anything wrong, even if one has personal objections to their sartorial choices and accoutrements.

Always two sides to every story.
Yes Tiger0822!…… that is often the case. Reflecting on recent posts in this case and the case’s current state, I am also reminded by a quote IIRC attributed to Don Henley of The Eagles musical group. Something along the lines of ‘there’s three sides to every story…… there’s yours, there’s mine, and the cold hard truth’.

That sometimes fits too, IMO. And I have long enjoyed that quote. MOO

Juror E came forward.

1721342005466.png

#5 seems to be new information. If I read that right, then the jury didn't think she was guilty of the top-line charge in Count 2 which was Vehicular Manslaughter. They were deadlocked on Involuntary Manslaughter or one of the other lesser charges.

Although as a practical matter, I don't think it makes a difference. She can still be retried on Count 2 even if the judge finds that she's acquitted on 1 & 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back