MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could be wrong, but I don't think the FBI really cares about Proctor's disgusting comments. I mean, clearly he's a low life who shouldn't be a cop but that stuff is all the problem of the state, not the Feds. I'm happy the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them, but I doubt Proctor's personal texts about a defendant are what they were looking for.
I don't think the FBI cares about MPs comments either.
Still, Proctor is caught up in their investigation.
And he's been suspended on very serious allegations.
Who would be at the top of the chain of command of a police force that needs to be investigated? We already have Canton Police stepping back when the MSP took over the KR case (sort of, even though CPS were still involving themselves).
And then comes the federal agency investigating the MSP.
It went from city, to state, to federal investigation. Something bigger than texts for sure.
MOO.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the FBI really cares about Proctor's disgusting comments. I mean, clearly he's a low life who shouldn't be a cop but that stuff is all the problem of the state, not the Feds. I'm happy the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them, but I doubt Proctor's personal texts about a defendant are what they were looking for.

I couldn't agree more @HarmonyE.

To be clear, there's no evidence that Proctor was singled out for investigation by the FBI.

However, there is evidence that MSP opened an internal investigation into a potential violation of Department policy by Trooper Proctor who was the lead investigator in this case. We also know that subsequent to their internal investigation, specific to this case, Proctor was relieved of his duties.

Reportedly, the CW and the US Attorney's Office were already in communication on an unrelated matter when concerns surfaced that the integrity of the investigation of JOK's death was compromised by personal relationships between people who lived at the scene of the crime and responding police officers. Accordingly, the US Attorney's Office expanded their investigation to include this case, enlisting the assistance of the FBI.

That said, in text messages during the early days and months of the investigation, Proctor called KR a range of crude and demeaning names, joked about searching her phone for nudes, and suggested the homeowner where JOK's body was found had little to worry about because he was also a police officer.

The texts came to light through the federal investigation into police handling of the Read case.
Again, the US Attorney's Office (i.e., the Feds) isn't taking any action against Proctor.

I'd love to know on what planet would taxpayers support a retrial of someone who has been found not-guilty by all 12 jurors in a previous case? I wouldn't support a retrial of someone who was found not-guilty by 1, 2, 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 jurors. But in particular, when you have a situation where there is concrete evidence via multiple sworn affidavits that a unanimous not-guilty verdict was reached on 2 charges, the ONLY just decision is to dismiss the case WITH PREJUDICE. They can choose to retry the 3rd charge, if they so choose, but even that charge was far from unanimous.

I'd love to know on what planet would taxpayers support a retrial of someone who has been found not-guilty by all 12 jurors in a previous case? I wouldn't support a retrial of someone who was found not-guilty by 1, 2, 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 jurors. But in particular, when you have a situation where there is concrete evidence via multiple sworn affidavits that a unanimous not-guilty verdict was reached on 2 charges, the ONLY just decision is to dismiss the case WITH PREJUDICE. They can choose to retry the 3rd charge, if they so choose, but even that charge was far from unanimous.

Well??? It seems the Commonwealth of MA feels different.
You know...'snooze ya loose'......in the court of law.
They want their monkey for their circus. IMO

More Proctor fallout for other cases. The line is getting bigger. I'm not familiar with the case mentioned in this report. It sounds pretty open and shut but we'll see if anything comes out of it.

Oh no. I do as next town. Very wealthy and lovely. Horrible and of course that phrase of never thought it would happen here, not by me at all. It was open and shut. Now I see this. And that Reddington. I think he had lured her back to kill her. Ego and money. I raged.

From the video recently posted by Merph, you are correct that the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them.

Kevin Reddington, an attorney, said around 2:35:

"If it wasn't for the federal authorities, nobody would have known about this issue."

Oh no. I do as next town. Very wealthy and lovely. Horrible and of course that phrase of never thought it would happen here, not by me at all. It was open and shut. Now I see this. And that Reddington. I think he had lured her back to kill her. Ego and money. I raged.

This will not be pretty, 13 Brady letters went out last week to defense attorneys on their respective cases investigated by Proctor. My personal concern is the no body homicide investigation of Ana Walshe-- allegedly at the hands of slime husband Brian! MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back